Roll Call: Oldies and Newbies, tell me your weekend plans!!

mimivac
mimivac Member Posts: 2,143
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
So another Friday comes to pass, and I've noticed a lot of new people on the board. To all the newbies (so sorry you're here, but we've got your back), every Friday I like to ask everyone here to write about their weekend plans. I love to read about what everyone is doing and it reminds me that life goes on and so do we. Some people write, others just read, and some don't give a hoot what I'm doing on Saturday! That's OK. So, here goes:

Today, we are having new bedroom furniture delivered. A bedframe, headboard, and set of drawers. The headboard is brown velvet with buttons and reminds me of that 1940's Hollywood glamour style that I really love. Our bedroom is not peaceful, so we're hoping to transform it into a calm sanctuary. We'll have the walls painted in some warm, neutral color and have baseboards and crown molding put in. I'll post pictures when we're done with the renovations.

For once, I do not have theater plans this weekend. Personal training tomorrow and then just relaxing, reading, watching movies and cooking. I might start a blog (doesn't everyone have one?). Actually, I'm looking for something meaningful and fulfilling to do with my life. Any thoughts? So, let's hear it: weekend plans??!
«13

Comments

  • confused123
    confused123 Member Posts: 251
    Hey, congrats on the new
    Hey, congrats on the new furiniture, that is always exciting! Fresh paint too! I am working at the group home tonight and Saturday into Sunday. We will have a birthday party tomorrow for one of the residents there who is now 66! On Sunday the kids, my hubby and I will go to my neice's 4 yr old birthday party.

    Two days off from rads is always nice!

    Enjoy the weekend everyone!

    Kim
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Weekend....
    How cool that you are getting new furniture Mimi!

    Tomorrow, I am just going to get some cleaning done. Ick. Not so exciting.

    Sunday, we are bringing Dolly, the puppy home! Getting seriously excited about that now!

    CR
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143
    CR1954 said:

    Weekend....
    How cool that you are getting new furniture Mimi!

    Tomorrow, I am just going to get some cleaning done. Ick. Not so exciting.

    Sunday, we are bringing Dolly, the puppy home! Getting seriously excited about that now!

    CR

    Pup!
    Oh, be sure to post pictures of the the new puppy!!
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    mimivac said:

    Pup!
    Oh, be sure to post pictures of the the new puppy!!

    weekend
    Relaxing tonight with Jake.
    Golfing tomorrow then groocery shopping.
    Sunday church and if the nice weather holds up Jake might be able to get in the pool.
    Maybe a small cook out for two(Jake and me).
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    work
    I'm working 12 hours shifts tonight, sat & sun night. So I will be sleeping when not working. Boring!

    Maureen
  • 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member
    mimivac said:

    Pup!
    Oh, be sure to post pictures of the the new puppy!!

    Weekend plans
    My 10 year old will compete in his first swim meet of the summer season on Sat.. I hope to watch him . I will also be enjoying my new HE washer and dryer. Thanks for all your input .I just love them. It's so funny how BC has changed my life a year ago I wouldn't have been so excited about household appliances . I hope everyone has a great weekend. Love Surf
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Mimi.. I was looking for
    Mimi.. I was looking for this earlier... glad it's finally here.. I love to hear everyones weekend plans! New furniture, crown molding and paint.. wow what a transformation. Can't wait to see the pictures!

    Well, this weekend hum.. nothing too exciting, in preperation for our flight next week to WA.. however, tonight it will be relax with hubby... maybe chinese take out (my comfort food)... starting tomorrow my niece Liz and I are having a "Harry Potter" marathon.. have to watch all five movies, before the release of the final Harry Potter movie.. that will take thru Sunday to finish... we throw pillows & blankets on the floor get into our jammies, (all day).. fix junk food, things like sliced fruit, cheese, crackers, nuts, lunch meat from the deli, little rolls from the bakery, popcorn.. then we pig out... and watch movies..

    Aside from the marathon (movie)I will make sure all laundry is done so packing Wednesday night will be easier!

    Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend filled with love, and good unexpected surprises!

    Hugs,
    ~T
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143
    taleena said:

    Mimi.. I was looking for
    Mimi.. I was looking for this earlier... glad it's finally here.. I love to hear everyones weekend plans! New furniture, crown molding and paint.. wow what a transformation. Can't wait to see the pictures!

    Well, this weekend hum.. nothing too exciting, in preperation for our flight next week to WA.. however, tonight it will be relax with hubby... maybe chinese take out (my comfort food)... starting tomorrow my niece Liz and I are having a "Harry Potter" marathon.. have to watch all five movies, before the release of the final Harry Potter movie.. that will take thru Sunday to finish... we throw pillows & blankets on the floor get into our jammies, (all day).. fix junk food, things like sliced fruit, cheese, crackers, nuts, lunch meat from the deli, little rolls from the bakery, popcorn.. then we pig out... and watch movies..

    Aside from the marathon (movie)I will make sure all laundry is done so packing Wednesday night will be easier!

    Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend filled with love, and good unexpected surprises!

    Hugs,
    ~T

    pigging out and movies!
    T, that sounds great! What fun with your niece. I love the Harry Potter movies, too, although I'm not into the books. Can't wait for the next one. I plan to own the whole set on DVD when it comes out. One thing I love about them is the blue tone overlay of many of the scenes. I love film lighting, color, and production design.

    Have fun!!
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    I love it MIMI!
    I look forward to your weekend plan posts. It is so fun to read all of the plans. It lets me get to know all our dear friends and sisters/brothers better. and it makes me happy to think of you all having fun hanging out with the people you love, getting laundrey done, watching movies, relaxing, and especially excited to see your renovation pics. I love my living room, kitchen and all that Bob remodeled while I was in chemo. He put knotty-pine on the walls, wood flooring, painted and even got me new leather couch and loveseat (reclining of course) Its cute and looks like a country cabin. Guess i've been a little hard on Bob lately. He really does his best. We had a little bit of a bad time during my rads..the seperation of me there and him home was not good for either of us. I was quite grouchy also with the pain of the rad burns. But the pain is lifting and I am done and back home Healing is all around and our relationship is healing as well. I really can see how some relationships don't make it through the battle with the beast. But i won't let the beast take one more thing from me and will fight also for my relationship, I do love my hubbie very much.
    Oh yeah LOL!! we were talking about weekend plans. If weather is nice I would love to go fishing and sit in the shade (got to be careful with the burns) if not just hanging out at home watching my garden grow sounds like heaven...It seems i've been gone a long time.
    I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and pleasant surpises!
    hugs, Jackie
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    taleena said:

    Mimi.. I was looking for
    Mimi.. I was looking for this earlier... glad it's finally here.. I love to hear everyones weekend plans! New furniture, crown molding and paint.. wow what a transformation. Can't wait to see the pictures!

    Well, this weekend hum.. nothing too exciting, in preperation for our flight next week to WA.. however, tonight it will be relax with hubby... maybe chinese take out (my comfort food)... starting tomorrow my niece Liz and I are having a "Harry Potter" marathon.. have to watch all five movies, before the release of the final Harry Potter movie.. that will take thru Sunday to finish... we throw pillows & blankets on the floor get into our jammies, (all day).. fix junk food, things like sliced fruit, cheese, crackers, nuts, lunch meat from the deli, little rolls from the bakery, popcorn.. then we pig out... and watch movies..

    Aside from the marathon (movie)I will make sure all laundry is done so packing Wednesday night will be easier!

    Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend filled with love, and good unexpected surprises!

    Hugs,
    ~T

    Thanks fo the great idea
    believe it o not I haven't seen any of the Harry Potter movies and I will just love this! Ok if I steal your idea? have a great time!
    hugs, Jackie
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143
    rjjj said:

    I love it MIMI!
    I look forward to your weekend plan posts. It is so fun to read all of the plans. It lets me get to know all our dear friends and sisters/brothers better. and it makes me happy to think of you all having fun hanging out with the people you love, getting laundrey done, watching movies, relaxing, and especially excited to see your renovation pics. I love my living room, kitchen and all that Bob remodeled while I was in chemo. He put knotty-pine on the walls, wood flooring, painted and even got me new leather couch and loveseat (reclining of course) Its cute and looks like a country cabin. Guess i've been a little hard on Bob lately. He really does his best. We had a little bit of a bad time during my rads..the seperation of me there and him home was not good for either of us. I was quite grouchy also with the pain of the rad burns. But the pain is lifting and I am done and back home Healing is all around and our relationship is healing as well. I really can see how some relationships don't make it through the battle with the beast. But i won't let the beast take one more thing from me and will fight also for my relationship, I do love my hubbie very much.
    Oh yeah LOL!! we were talking about weekend plans. If weather is nice I would love to go fishing and sit in the shade (got to be careful with the burns) if not just hanging out at home watching my garden grow sounds like heaven...It seems i've been gone a long time.
    I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and pleasant surpises!
    hugs, Jackie

    Hey Jackie!
    Glad to hear that you are doing better and that your relationship with Bob is on the mend. That's wonderful! I know what you mean about the stress this diagnosis creates for marriages. I always considered my marriage to be extremely strong, but we've definitely been through some ups and downs during this mess. I feel closer to and more distant from my husband at the same time, if that's possible. But I think we're like you guys: ultimately loving and wanting to be together.

    I'm so glad also that T's idea of the Harry Potter marathon inspired you. That's just what I wanted this topic to do. It inspired me, too.

    Have a great time fishing. I know how much you love it. I might just have to break down and shave my damn legs this weekend (I was slowly waxing, one inch of skin at a time) so I can go swimming in the condo pool. It will be 90 degrees here in the DC area.

    Mimi
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    I love roll call!
    It's going to be a quiet weekend for me (hahaha like it could be quiet in a house hold with two toddlers and an infant). My husband will be gone, he and my son are going to attack the Rubicon. For those of you who do not know what the Rubicon is it is a rocky mountainous challenging trail that folks come from around the world to ride. It is located just outside of Tahoe on the California side. They are going with a group of 10 jeeps so it should be a lot of fun (yes I will be worried, I'm a mom and a wife we always worry). I am sending my camera and he has promised to take photo's since I will never go on the Rubicon. I will post a few when he gets back.

    MIMI congrats on the new furniture sounds wonderful! My last new furniture was when I was dx in 07, my kind husband sent me on a find new living room furniture trip. He wanted me to have something that had recliners in it so he and I could sit together comfortably and so I could sit with everyone else and not have to be in bed while the family was downstairs, what a guy!!!

    Okay I have rambled on enough, enjoy your weekend everyone!!

    RE
  • Bev1969
    Bev1969 Member Posts: 48
    We're spending it at our
    We're spending it at our lake cottage. It is pretty nice here today - sunny and 83 degrees.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Weekend already????
    Mimi~

    It's the weekend already?? I just got home and am still on "anti-allergy making me loopy meds"! At least for once I have something to blame it on, huh? :-)

    I know you will enjoy transforming your heretofor sleeping quarters ( sounds positively militaristically non romantic!) to a sultry 1940's Boudoir!

    Looking for something meaningful and fulfilling, are you? I volunteer as much as possible; I find it does wonders for the soul. And the anonymous quality is a good thing too. ( in my opinion, anyway!) At least once a month, if not oftener, I package food from home and take it to the parks which are so sadly filled with the homeless. They have never been anything but thankful, gracious, and I have never been frightened of them. I walk right up to the group, announce I have some extra food, and may I leave it with them? My intent is not to make them seem less than I am ( which they most certainly are not)nor to insult them with "charity". I also give them the 2oz toiletries I get at those nice hotels I stay at; the homeless women are so thankful...using public restrooms is hard enough~ having shampoos and lotion is a blessing, indeed!

    There is fostering pupppies, or rocking newborns in a neo-natal unit, or reading to the blind. None of these things may interest you, of course, but you did ask for suggestions, didn't you?! :-)

    Oh, I have 5 family members arriving on Wednesday, 3 of them from France, so I am getting my house "company ready"...

    Have a great weekend!

    Hugs,
    Claudia
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    One More Thing
    Sheesh~ and how could I forget to mention I am doing the Relay For Life tomorrow?????

    Hugs,
    Claudia
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143
    chenheart said:

    One More Thing
    Sheesh~ and how could I forget to mention I am doing the Relay For Life tomorrow?????

    Hugs,
    Claudia

    Great suggestions, claudia
    Wow, those are great things that you do. It's not so hard to do good things, is it? You just have to get out there and do them. I might try some of these things, Claudia.

    Good luck on the Relay for Life and with your French relatives!!
  • crossroads
    crossroads Member Posts: 18
    mimivac said:

    Great suggestions, claudia
    Wow, those are great things that you do. It's not so hard to do good things, is it? You just have to get out there and do them. I might try some of these things, Claudia.

    Good luck on the Relay for Life and with your French relatives!!

    I already
    "splurged". Went shopping at Kohls today as my "celebration" to me. Boyfriend is taking me Sunday to a ball game. Tomorrow, just putz around the house. Claudia, yeah for you to do the "relay for life", I support those activities.
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    chenheart said:

    One More Thing
    Sheesh~ and how could I forget to mention I am doing the Relay For Life tomorrow?????

    Hugs,
    Claudia

    Chen
    You are such an amazingly kind and sweet spirit. It is no wonder you are 50 ft. tall and I admire you. I also think it's remarkable you are doing a Relay while still recovering from your allergy attack. I know you will be chanting my name along with all of our other sisters....and it warms my heart.
    hugs, jackie
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    RE said:

    I love roll call!
    It's going to be a quiet weekend for me (hahaha like it could be quiet in a house hold with two toddlers and an infant). My husband will be gone, he and my son are going to attack the Rubicon. For those of you who do not know what the Rubicon is it is a rocky mountainous challenging trail that folks come from around the world to ride. It is located just outside of Tahoe on the California side. They are going with a group of 10 jeeps so it should be a lot of fun (yes I will be worried, I'm a mom and a wife we always worry). I am sending my camera and he has promised to take photo's since I will never go on the Rubicon. I will post a few when he gets back.

    MIMI congrats on the new furniture sounds wonderful! My last new furniture was when I was dx in 07, my kind husband sent me on a find new living room furniture trip. He wanted me to have something that had recliners in it so he and I could sit together comfortably and so I could sit with everyone else and not have to be in bed while the family was downstairs, what a guy!!!

    Okay I have rambled on enough, enjoy your weekend everyone!!

    RE

    I love roll call too Mimi!
    Saturday, my hubby is playing in a softball game, so, that will be most of our late morning/afternoon. And, I will be cheering him on in the stands. ( I hope they have beer there..lol ) Gotta have beer and hotdogs in order for me to yell loud! lol

    Then, going out to eat that night to our favorite lil restaurant again. We try to have date nights quite often, and, it usually, not always includes our restaurant. ( hoping hubby isn't too tired from softball to be an interesting date..hmmm lol )

    Sunday, just messing around here. He will probably mow up our place and I will be hmmmmmmm ...working in my FLOWERS! lol Just goofing off. If we tire out, we usually just lay in the hammock together and take a nap. Sounds good to me!

    Thanks Mimi again for this post! I do love it!

    Everyone have a great and fun weekend!

    Love, Jeanne
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    rjjj said:

    Chen
    You are such an amazingly kind and sweet spirit. It is no wonder you are 50 ft. tall and I admire you. I also think it's remarkable you are doing a Relay while still recovering from your allergy attack. I know you will be chanting my name along with all of our other sisters....and it warms my heart.
    hugs, jackie

    Roll Call, my fav...
    I love reading what everyone is out and about doing.
    Me~~
    My sisters coming! My sisters coming!
    she is flying in from phoenix, and staying 2 weeks, we will go to the beach, farmers markets, do the shops in sumner, laugh, do lunch, shop and putter in my garden.
    Then~~
    I fly home with her (thanks to free airfare from my daughter) and we do it all over again in phoenix.
    I'm soooo excited.
    ;-)
    Melanie