Options
13»

Comments

• outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Cooking Dinner
    Hi, Sausage, have to confess Aortus and I have been bad, very bad. We eat out way too much. I try to order lower fat, higher fiber foods. Aortus, though, is the Baconator. Gotta get him back on a healthier diet!

Aww...
    come on Moops,you've got to live a little! How often can you eat out and not have to cook?!
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options

Aww...
    come on Moops,you've got to live a little! How often can you eat out and not have to cook?!

Hey Moopy
    just a thought...by the time we are done with this thread you will be done with rads LOL!! See how much we all love you my friend?
    hugs, jackie
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    rjjj said:

Hey Moopy
    just a thought...by the time we are done with this thread you will be done with rads LOL!! See how much we all love you my friend?
    hugs, jackie

lol That might be true
    lol That might be true Jackie!
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options

lol That might be true
    lol That might be true Jackie!

Moopy-I'm a bit slow...
    forgive me. I didn't forget about you, but by the time I read all the posts I'm so tired that I only respond to a couple then call it quits. Finally, I got up enough steam to read your 43!! posts. My or my are you a popular lady!

That's great that you finished your first rads. I remember mine all too well, all 36 of them! Oh well, I got a ride there and back and was able to meet some interesting folks (of course, not nearly as interesting--down right unique, as the Daft Sods!!).

Anyway, speaking of music. My tech asked me what was my favorite song and I told him, anything by Elvis. The problem was that they didn't have any Elvis CDs. Well, that opened up a whole new perspective about this can**r trip I was taking. From that day forward, I was serenaded by my tech with an Elvis song. You should tell your tech you don't want a CD, you want live music and see what he says. :)

Oh one more thing, I had two enlarged photos of cherry blossoms above my head on the ceiling side-by-side. Anyway, they were really pretty, but the pix really bothered me and took me a several days to figure out why. Finally, I realized that the tree branches didn't line-up and I told the nurses that the pix were put on the ceiling incorrectly. They looked up and, after a moment, realized that I was right. I asked, "Hasn't anyone else said anything about this?" Needless to say, they answered, "No, not a one." "Hmmm," I said, "I can't believe that no one told you." From that point on, the pix really bothered me, but they assured me that when they renovate they will be sure to tell the workers to put the tree pix up correctly. Something tells me that they were just trying to appease me. I'm tempted to go in there just to look, but I don't feel that inclined to right their wrong. It must have been my chemo brain working overtime. :)
    dmc

Hang in there, it will be over before you know it.
    dmc
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    dmc_emmy said:

Moopy-I'm a bit slow...
    forgive me. I didn't forget about you, but by the time I read all the posts I'm so tired that I only respond to a couple then call it quits. Finally, I got up enough steam to read your 43!! posts. My or my are you a popular lady!

That's great that you finished your first rads. I remember mine all too well, all 36 of them! Oh well, I got a ride there and back and was able to meet some interesting folks (of course, not nearly as interesting--down right unique, as the Daft Sods!!).

Anyway, speaking of music. My tech asked me what was my favorite song and I told him, anything by Elvis. The problem was that they didn't have any Elvis CDs. Well, that opened up a whole new perspective about this can**r trip I was taking. From that day forward, I was serenaded by my tech with an Elvis song. You should tell your tech you don't want a CD, you want live music and see what he says. :)

Oh one more thing, I had two enlarged photos of cherry blossoms above my head on the ceiling side-by-side. Anyway, they were really pretty, but the pix really bothered me and took me a several days to figure out why. Finally, I realized that the tree branches didn't line-up and I told the nurses that the pix were put on the ceiling incorrectly. They looked up and, after a moment, realized that I was right. I asked, "Hasn't anyone else said anything about this?" Needless to say, they answered, "No, not a one." "Hmmm," I said, "I can't believe that no one told you." From that point on, the pix really bothered me, but they assured me that when they renovate they will be sure to tell the workers to put the tree pix up correctly. Something tells me that they were just trying to appease me. I'm tempted to go in there just to look, but I don't feel that inclined to right their wrong. It must have been my chemo brain working overtime. :)
    dmc

dmc

Emmy..........
    Why did you get Bleeped out?......Is Cancer a rude word on a Cancer site?......Surely not.....That really WOULD be Insane!

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • dmc_emmy
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Emmy..........
    Why did you get Bleeped out?......Is Cancer a rude word on a Cancer site?......Surely not.....That really WOULD be Insane!

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Speaking of bleeping...
    why is gift (as in "present") edited? I have, on ocassion, said "That's a gift" and the word g-i-f-t has been edited.

This networking is too high tech for me. Also, dumb question: what do all these acronyms mean? I learned ROFL (well, to be honest, I asked my daugher--she looked at me like I was from another planet), but what about the others? I'm really out of the loop here in the 21st century.
    dmc
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    dmc_emmy said:

Speaking of bleeping...
    why is gift (as in "present") edited? I have, on ocassion, said "That's a gift" and the word g-i-f-t has been edited.

This networking is too high tech for me. Also, dumb question: what do all these acronyms mean? I learned ROFL (well, to be honest, I asked my daugher--she looked at me like I was from another planet), but what about the others? I'm really out of the loop here in the 21st century.
    dmc

Just remember...
    LOL is not "Lots Of Love" but "Laughing Out Loud." Keep that one in mind and you won't go wrong.
  • dmc_emmy
    Options
    Aortus said:

Just remember...
    LOL is not "Lots Of Love" but "Laughing Out Loud." Keep that one in mind and you won't go wrong.

I did that one
    I learned that one (LOL) the hard way in sign-off of a serious note...my daugher just shakes her head in amazement. She tells me, "Mom, you really shouldn't use something if you don't know what it means." Then she asks me, "From what planet did you come? I'm from planet Earth." That was my line years ago, now she's using it against me. Ah, the joys of slowly joining the 21 c.
    dmc
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    dmc_emmy said:

Speaking of bleeping...

dmc

gif
    g i f without the spaces is a format like jpeg. It seems like it started getting bleeped when we went through our wonderful photobucket phase. My theory is that it is bleeped because something automatically thinks it is a picture. Lynn
  • dmc_emmy
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

gif
    g i f without the spaces is a format like jpeg. It seems like it started getting bleeped when we went through our wonderful photobucket phase. My theory is that it is bleeped because something automatically thinks it is a picture. Lynn

Ahh...thanks for explanation
    from now on, if I want to say that word, I'll write it g-i-f-t (it's nice to know that I'm still a little smarter than a machine-ie computer). :)
    dmc
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    dmc_emmy said:

Moopy-I'm a bit slow...

dmc

dmc

Radiation Buddies
    I appreciate everyone's taking the time to post to me, any time. Especially you, dmc, with the awful scare you and your family experienced this past week with your mother's health. I hope she is home and recovering from the bleeding ulcer.

My techs are not exactly friendly, but it makes me laugh to imagine any of them doing an Elvis impersonation. No pics on the ceiling at all for me, though I can imagine having to see the off-alignment every single day, five days a week, would be annoying. (Not enough to turn you off cherries, I hope!)

Thanks, again, my friends.
  • dmc_emmy
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Radiation Buddies
    I appreciate everyone's taking the time to post to me, any time. Especially you, dmc, with the awful scare you and your family experienced this past week with your mother's health. I hope she is home and recovering from the bleeding ulcer.

My techs are not exactly friendly, but it makes me laugh to imagine any of them doing an Elvis impersonation. No pics on the ceiling at all for me, though I can imagine having to see the off-alignment every single day, five days a week, would be annoying. (Not enough to turn you off cherries, I hope!)

No problem, my friend
    Speaking of Elvis, I listened to Elvis Radio(via my satellite radio as I drove to a dog therapy event) and I found the best song. It would be a great theme song for bc survivors. It's titled, "You Never Walk Alone." One of the lines in this song, "If you have hope in your heart you will never walk alone."

How cool is that?

Of course, some of you young folks (Moopy, I include you cuz in your pix you look much younger than I), may not be too aware of the King of Rock 'n Roll. However, I would still like to suggest that you listen to the lyrics and you will see what I mean. :)

As for cherries, after A/C I couldn't eat anything red for while (months really)--including sweet cherries. Wierd, huh? Now, two years later, I eat just about anything, which could explain the weigh gain-you think?

Friendly techs or not, I hope you fair well my friend through your rads.
    dmc
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Radiation Buddies

We are all rooting you on
    We are all rooting you on Moopy!
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Radiation Buddies

rad pics
    Moopinator, maybe you should bring a pic of the puppies. I did that with my
    Sammy Boy (the pic in expressions), it was put on the machine, and a year after I finished rads, I checked in and he is still there, continually laughing while you are getting radiated. They said everyone loves him, so they kept him.
    Second week, moving along fast!
    =^..^=