Good Luck With Rads Moopy!

Options

Comments

• taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options

Moopy
    Moopy, I graduated last Thurs. I know you will do it too! I willbe thinking about you.
    Love, Nancy

"You just put one foot in
    "You just put one foot in front of the other... and soon you'll be walking cross the floor... you just put one foot in front of the other.. and soon you'll be walking out the door....."

Name that tune!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea.... The worst one.. the first one is over and behind you... elated for you Moopy.... soon.. you'll look back and you will be walking out from the last one!!

Waiting to hear all about it..

Hugs,

~T
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

First Treatment Done!
    Well, y'all, I made it through the worst treatment--the first one! No more unknowns. The techs don't talk much, so again I felt like an object and not a person;, but I remembered you all and your amazing and constant support. No Xanax for me--I had you, my friends and sisters.

Was so relieved that I came home and slept the rest of the afternoon. I will write and tell you about the hyperthermia for anyone who is interested later this evening. That portion takes an hour, and the techs were nice. They even smiled at me!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, my friends.

Not glowing yet,
    The Moopinator

You always glow dear
    You always glow dear Moopinator. I would love to hear about the hyperthermia.
    Stef
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

First Treatment Done!
    Well, y'all, I made it through the worst treatment--the first one! No more unknowns. The techs don't talk much, so again I felt like an object and not a person;, but I remembered you all and your amazing and constant support. No Xanax for me--I had you, my friends and sisters.

Was so relieved that I came home and slept the rest of the afternoon. I will write and tell you about the hyperthermia for anyone who is interested later this evening. That portion takes an hour, and the techs were nice. They even smiled at me!

Not glowing yet,
    The Moopinator

So happy.......
    So happy that your first one is done Moopy!

It seems like a long road, but it goes very fast.

Great big hugs for you!

CR
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

First Treatment Done!

Not glowing yet,
    The Moopinator

Moopy
    I would be interested in hearing all about the hyperthermia. and i am proud of you. I am sure when those techs get familiar..with what a sweetheart you are they will be talking your ear off. I have gotten really close with all of mine, and the bus drives, and other patients that come in the same time as me. like i said you meet the nicest people under the wost of circumstances.
    I think sometimes they are just waiting to see if you want to talk or not. Some people are very quiet and reserved, like one lady I rode with the bus drive said "she doesn't talk much" and I reassured him that she was always pretty quite and may be shy. He said "well if they want to talk we talk and if they don't we just let them enjoy the scenery. So I suppose until you get to know people it feels like they are impersonal. And it does seem that bigger places are more impersonal..I know in my little town they wave at everyone whether they know you or not. It cracks some of my out of town friends up!!
    Anyway I am happy you have started. It will go by fast even if it doesn't seem like it right now.. I can't believe I only have a few left!
    Best of luck,
    Jackie
  • confused123
    confused123 Member Posts: 251
    Options
    taleena said:

"You just put one foot in front of the other... and soon you'll be walking cross the floor... you just put one foot in front of the other.. and soon you'll be walking out the door....."

Name that tune!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea.... The worst one.. the first one is over and behind you... elated for you Moopy.... soon.. you'll look back and you will be walking out from the last one!!

Hugs,

~T

Good Luck Moopy. I did my
    Good Luck Moopy. I did my fifth today. It's not too bad. Oh and I love starbucks as well as Panera. Thanks for the info on the shakes.

Kim
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    taleena said:

Hugs,

~T

Name that tune?
    ummmm...The Hokey Pokey!! :) Pammy
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

Hugs,

~T

Santa Claus is Coming to Town
    I always loved that song, Taleena! It's the one that the Winter Warlock sings as his frozen heart melts. Perfect theme song for the cancer journey.
  • taleena
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

I always loved that song, Taleena! It's the one that the Winter Warlock sings as his frozen heart melts. Perfect theme song for the cancer journey.

AND MOOPY WINS THE PRIZE
    AND MOOPY WINS THE PRIZE (just need to figure out what it is) lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea... One of my favorites!!!!

I knew you'd get it!! (wink)

Hugs

~T

Now the "Daft Sods" Club has it's very own theme song!!!
  • Moopy23
    Options
    fauxma said:

You always glow dear
    You always glow dear Moopinator. I would love to hear about the hyperthermia.
    Stef

All the New Photos, and about the vacuum hose
    Stef, thank you. But who is the glowing bride? Is that Denise? (By the way, how are Jazz and baby Jo? ) And Jackie, I love the new photo of you and Jamie. Tash, are you on a swing? You're a blur of acction. Debi bear, with your curly hair tied back, you look like a teenager. You and your daughter look so happy and full of fun.

To all of you, your photos and images bring so much to the board, reflecting your lives, families, and personalities. I know we all enjoy them. (I do have to confess the photos of Kenny and Abigail, the pups, melt my heart.)

Anyway, the hyperthermia is not too big a deal. It is uncomfortable lying in the mold that was created for the radiation--somehow I always have trouble fitting my real ear perfectly in the ear mold. Who ever thought they'd need a mold of your ear?? To those of you who haven't had radiation yet, that part went fast. The machine makes odd noises as it moves around you, but not like an MRI. They played a Keith Urban CD, which is too bad because now I am sure I will in the future associate his music with the radiation. They offered me the option of bringing in my own CD, but I don't want to associate any music I like with treatment.

The hyperthermia treatment took an hour. Sensors were attached to my skin to make sure the area is heated to 106 consistently. A vacuum-like hose (think ShopVac) was attached to my skin. It felt just slightly warm, not really hot. There was no noise, and I was able to move more. The medical physicist heading the hyperthermia team stayed the whole time, which was reassuring.

Several areas will be treated on different days, so I guess I'll have the vacuum attached 3 times a week, sometimes before, sometimes after radiation. If you are interested, you can read a definition of the process at thermaltherapy.org. Scroll down and click on Hyperthermia. It's not a clinical trial or experimental.

A l big thank you to everyone who gave me encouragement--and courage. It was intimidating, moving 4 hours from home and starting the new treatment at a huge, unfamiliar hospital with unfamiliar doctors. And lying there exposed bothered me more than I expected, because of the new environment. Now radiation does not seem so scary. I, the Moopinator, can do it. And so can all of you coming along behind me. Right, everybody?

p.s. Aortus thanks you all, too. You were there helping us, so he was not so stressed and worried about me as he would have been without you.
  • taleena
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Stef, thank you. But who is the glowing bride? Is that Denise? (By the way, how are Jazz and baby Jo? ) And Jackie, I love the new photo of you and Jamie. Tash, are you on a swing? You're a blur of acction. Debi bear, with your curly hair tied back, you look like a teenager. You and your daughter look so happy and full of fun.

To all of you, your photos and images bring so much to the board, reflecting your lives, families, and personalities. I know we all enjoy them. (I do have to confess the photos of Kenny and Abigail, the pups, melt my heart.)

Anyway, the hyperthermia is not too big a deal. It is uncomfortable lying in the mold that was created for the radiation--somehow I always have trouble fitting my real ear perfectly in the ear mold. Who ever thought they'd need a mold of your ear?? To those of you who haven't had radiation yet, that part went fast. The machine makes odd noises as it moves around you, but not like an MRI. They played a Keith Urban CD, which is too bad because now I am sure I will in the future associate his music with the radiation. They offered me the option of bringing in my own CD, but I don't want to associate any music I like with treatment.

The hyperthermia treatment took an hour. Sensors were attached to my skin to make sure the area is heated to 106 consistently. A vacuum-like hose (think ShopVac) was attached to my skin. It felt just slightly warm, not really hot. There was no noise, and I was able to move more. The medical physicist heading the hyperthermia team stayed the whole time, which was reassuring.

Several areas will be treated on different days, so I guess I'll have the vacuum attached 3 times a week, sometimes before, sometimes after radiation. If you are interested, you can read a definition of the process at thermaltherapy.org. Scroll down and click on Hyperthermia. It's not a clinical trial or experimental.

A l big thank you to everyone who gave me encouragement--and courage. It was intimidating, moving 4 hours from home and starting the new treatment at a huge, unfamiliar hospital with unfamiliar doctors. And lying there exposed bothered me more than I expected, because of the new environment. Now radiation does not seem so scary. I, the Moopinator, can do it. And so can all of you coming along behind me. Right, everybody?

p.s. Aortus thanks you all, too. You were there helping us, so he was not so stressed and worried about me as he would have been without you.

Moopy.. I checked out the
    Moopy.. I checked out the information from the web site... I found it interesting.. how do you know which hospitals are actually using this proceedure in conjunction with the radiation?? I would be interested to find out if Kansas University Medical Center (Cancer Center) utilizes or offers this procedure.. was this recommended by your onco?? Rad onco?? Sorry for all the questions and if you don't know don't worry about it.. I believe in research.. and will dig and see what I can find out..

You did great!! and thank you for sharing... I find that I'm scared to death.. almost paralizing at times... but I am trying to learn all that I can.. even though sometimes I wonder if I wouldn't be better off sticking my head in the sand..lol..

Hugs to you my friend...

~T
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

First Treatment Done!

Not glowing yet,
    The Moopinator

Good to see you here, Moopinator!
    One done - hurray! Thank goodness - you've now really, officially begun.

Naps are magic cure-alls, yes? :-)

You're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome, dear friend.

Thank YOU - for sharing, and keeping us up to date on your progress.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    taleena said:

AND MOOPY WINS THE PRIZE
    AND MOOPY WINS THE PRIZE (just need to figure out what it is) lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea... One of my favorites!!!!

I knew you'd get it!! (wink)

Hugs

~T

Now the "Daft Sods" Club has it's very own theme song!!!

Whew!
    Whew, that first one is done Moopy! WTG girl! I think the first one is the hardest for everyone. Most don't know what to expect. I kind of knew, since I had been thru it before years ago, but, most haven't. Thank God!

It is interesting to read about it from you. I had heard of it, but, just didn't know much about it. So, thanks for educating me! Apple for the teacher? :)

I am sure the techs will talk more with time. I love mine! I just had lunch with one of them last week. We all stay in touch. I go back in this week for another check up. They do keep a close eye on you, which is good.

Well, congrats on getting that first out of the way! You are amazing Moopy! Love ya, Jeanne
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

First Treatment Done!

Not glowing yet,
    The Moopinator

Glad the first
    one went so well!
    You know what I learned to do if my medical caregivers were quiet and didn't interact with me-I talked to them anyways and after a while I would ask them how their days were. Sometimes they get so busy that I think they forget to treat us like people. And not all of them appreciate you getting a little personal,but some like to know that you think of them as people too who have feelings,a life outside of their job,and families!
    It's great to hear from you Moopy!
    Love,
    Patty
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Moopy and T,
    you are women after my own heart! Children at heart,just like me!! I loved those holiday specials back then and I still do!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options

Moopy and T,
    you are women after my own heart! Children at heart,just like me!! I loved those holiday specials back then and I still do!

Santa Claus?!?
    Santa Claus appears - in June?!? - within this thread?!?

How in the world did I - of ALL members - miss all of this?!?

Kind regards, Susan
    CHRISTMAS GIRL, BORN ON CHRISTMAS DAY
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Options

Santa Claus?!?
    Santa Claus appears - in June?!? - within this thread?!?

How in the world did I - of ALL members - miss all of this?!?

Kind regards, Susan
    CHRISTMAS GIRL, BORN ON CHRISTMAS DAY

Moopy
    I'm glad the first treatment went well Moopy. It is really interesting to hear about this new method of doing it. Good luck tomorrow..I'll be thinking of you.

Who is cooking dinner tonight???? Joe?
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options

Moopy
    I'm glad the first treatment went well Moopy. It is really interesting to hear about this new method of doing it. Good luck tomorrow..I'll be thinking of you.

Hey Moopster!
    Your rads sound a lot more lengthy than mine were. I basically got there, was told to change and straight away, thrown on a gurney with this monsterous machine making faces at me (Yeah, Teeth and all), then thrown out before my Volunteer Driver had finished his coffee! He was not a happy man LOL

Hope you are doing ok....Thinking of you

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Moopy23
    Options

Moopy

Cooking Dinner
    Hi, Sausage, have to confess Aortus and I have been bad, very bad. We eat out way too much. I try to order lower fat, higher fiber foods. Aortus, though, is the Baconator. Gotta get him back on a healthier diet!
  • Moopy23
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Hey Moopster!
    Your rads sound a lot more lengthy than mine were. I basically got there, was told to change and straight away, thrown on a gurney with this monsterous machine making faces at me (Yeah, Teeth and all), then thrown out before my Volunteer Driver had finished his coffee! He was not a happy man LOL

Hope you are doing ok....Thinking of you

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Turquoise Girl
    Hi, my machine doesn't have teeth...looks like a dinosaur, but can't see any teeth. The rads don't take long--just like you, I'm up and out now before I know it. It's the heating treatment that takes one hour, not including set up. I actually napped today, so I am feeling a lot less anxious.

Thanks for asking, and Happy Canada Day!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

It sounds so interesting,
    It sounds so interesting, this hyperthermia. Not sure how I feel about you being fitted into a mold. You are one of a kind. But now you Aortus can say that they threw away the mold after you were created. Well, sort of.
    Yes, the bride is Denise. Smug and satisfied is how she looked. The grandkids are great. Baby Jo started really walking a week or so ago and is the girl on the go. She will be one at the end of July and Jazzton is my best buddy. Thank you for asking.
    You will do fine with all your treatment and soon it will be done. Then it is just getting back to yourself and that takes time. But it will be so nice when you have finished all the treatment aspects of this disease. Aortus is so supportive of you and having the pups with you must be reassuring. You are always in my prayers and I hope that all goes as smooth as silk for you.
    Stef