Please tell me: what are you doing this weekend?!

Options
124»

Comments

• jgridley
    jgridley Member Posts: 169
    Options
    bfbear said:

As for me...
    My husband told me yesterday that he was planning to surprise me tomorrow evening, when we were supposed to go out to dinner for our 13th anniversary, by "just stopping by the church," and then renewing our wedding vows! Our priest (Episcopal), Susie, told him not to surprise me...at least not with the whole concept. So he was all worried yesterday, when he told me, that Susie knew something he didn't. But he said there's still more to the surprise...

Well, I'd be the first to admit that our marriage isn't perfect -- we are both difficult to live with -- but this was so romantically out in left field for him to do, that I was really, really touched (still am).

So...after walking the dogs, Xiaoxiao's violin lesson, some easy gardening, and hopefully a nap, we're going to renew our vows and go out to dinner with Xiaoxiao, and Susie. After that...probably a good night's sleep. I am still sore and weak from surgery, so anything more romantic than gentle hugs and a kiss is out for me!

But Rich said he wanted to do something special, after the last few months and the surgery, to show me how much he cares. Awwwwwwwwwwwww. I guess he's pretty special after all is said and done.

(I just wish I had the body I had the first time around.)

Love you guys,
    Debi

happy annv
    happy anniversay...ours is the 25th of this month. 15 years married, 17 years together...
    Julie
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Aortus said:

Taking it easy
    The Moopster has to work tomorrow and Sunday, so I guess I will spend my weekend with three hungry, noisy pups. Actually, I plan to loaf all day and then pamper my little Moopy when she comes home from work.

We should have something more exciting to report next week, Mimi!

Love the weekends!
    Saturday is suppose to be beautiful here, so, we are taking the Harley out for a ride. Hubby just got the chrome all polished up, so, we need to get it dusty. lol I am thinking about packing a small picnic lunch that we can have along the roadside somewhere in a meadow or maybe go to our favorite little park. Just have to wait and see!

Saturday night, we have reservations at a darling restaurant that we love. It is really small, but, the food is awesome. And, it is really quaint. They have booths and it is really private and intimate, which we like. :)

Sunday, sleep in late - hopefully get breakfast in bed. Then, just goof around all day, maybe work in my flower gardens or take a nap in the cabana or all of the above. lol

We just enjoy everyday together. Isn't that what it is all about? Love, Jeanne

I wish all of you a great weekend!
  • tcteach
    tcteach Member Posts: 27
    Options
    dmc_emmy said:

MAs
    Tricia,

I started my 2nd MA not long after treatment and I didn't think I would make it through the semester, but I was told by my dept head that I could take a leave without penalty if necessary. My feeling, if you want to give it try--go for it. If you run into a challenge, your school will probably offer you leave w/o penalty option, too.

I'm taking my time going through, one class at a time, that's enough for me while I work full-time, spend time with my daughter who may soon be leaving the state upon graduation from college, care for my hubby, and volunteer with my newly certified therapy dog. You may choose to take only one class at time for now and just take one day at a time as you gain your health back. That's really all you can ask of yourself.

Wish you well. Education is awesome.

dmc
    What are you studying? My first MA was in SpEd and this one is in English with an emphasis in rhetoric and composition. I'll read your response another day. I'm tired and I promised to do some serious talking to the Man Upstairs for my friends here (you're included, of course). :) Good night.

dmc
    My undergrad is in Elementary Education and I am getting my M.Ed. in SpEd. I am in the middle of writing a 25 page research prospectus and will be starting chemo next week! Fun, fun, fun! It is an online course (i.e. I am in my pajamas) and my professor will definitely give me extra time, so I am trying not to worry about it.

I just keep saying: it will all work out.

Thanks for your support!
    Tricia
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Life After Cancer, indeed!
    Grand Idea, Mimi! I am reporting this after the fact~ as I just came home from a glorious weekend away!
    Reggie's Tribe is very involved in fundraising to help local and not so local communities in these difficult economic times. This time, we were part of a fundraiser to keep a fire department up and running in a small, beautiful mountain town. The Tribe is the major sponsor, and it is a Wine Festival! ( it had my name written all over it! LOL) There was a huge street faire, with 65 ~count 'em~ wineries participating, and about 40 restaurants. With our tickets, we got wristbands, and sampled wine and gourmet food, while looking and sometimes buying street-faire arts and crafts. We went with another couple, and had a beautiful vacation cabin to stay in. It was fun, but physically exhausting, as it was at 6,000', and my lungs aren't used to that thin air.
    We were invited to Sunday brunch at the home of the couple who are the organizers of the event; it was WONDERFUL!

We made the 2 hour drive home late Sunday afternoon; and I must say, it is always nice to sleep in my own bed! I think I have to do 10 miles 3X this week, not to mention really, really working out at Jazzercise!! Paying for my sins, as it were!

I hope all of you had equally nice weekends...we ddeserve them!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    chenheart said:

Life After Cancer, indeed!
    Grand Idea, Mimi! I am reporting this after the fact~ as I just came home from a glorious weekend away!
    Reggie's Tribe is very involved in fundraising to help local and not so local communities in these difficult economic times. This time, we were part of a fundraiser to keep a fire department up and running in a small, beautiful mountain town. The Tribe is the major sponsor, and it is a Wine Festival! ( it had my name written all over it! LOL) There was a huge street faire, with 65 ~count 'em~ wineries participating, and about 40 restaurants. With our tickets, we got wristbands, and sampled wine and gourmet food, while looking and sometimes buying street-faire arts and crafts. We went with another couple, and had a beautiful vacation cabin to stay in. It was fun, but physically exhausting, as it was at 6,000', and my lungs aren't used to that thin air.
    We were invited to Sunday brunch at the home of the couple who are the organizers of the event; it was WONDERFUL!

We made the 2 hour drive home late Sunday afternoon; and I must say, it is always nice to sleep in my own bed! I think I have to do 10 miles 3X this week, not to mention really, really working out at Jazzercise!! Paying for my sins, as it were!

I hope all of you had equally nice weekends...we ddeserve them!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Shame on you....
    Next time I want an invitation!! They do not have things like that here where I live so we have to travel anyway to go to cool stuff. I'm so jealous!! That sounded like so much fun. OK, I would have had to decline the invitation THIS time around.....but next time...I WANT TO GO!! (LOL) :) Pammy
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Wow!
    Thanks everyone for responding. I absolutely loved reading all of the things my sisters are doing, big and small. I'm very inspired by all the volunteering and community work that you do. It lights a fire in me to try to help others myself. It was also great to hear how so many of you are pursuing your education while fighting this beast. I was in film school when this whole ordeal began. Because it can be very physical work, I took a sabbatical, but plan to returning in the fall. You all have definitely inspired me.

I definitely plan to do this every week.

Happy Monday to all!

Mimi