Options

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

If I am allowed to vent here
    If I am allowed to vent here it goes

Last year a woman who wa slike a mother to her falls, breaks her neck, and dies
    early this year my grandma who she had begun to get close to dies.
    march 1 her grandmother who was a saint and who was like a best friend to both her and myself passed away
    mid may her aunt finds Lumps in her breasts (Which they operated on her this morning and to be sure it isn't cancerous they are having them checked)
    june 1st she is diagnosed, followed by all the crap that follows you all know how that goes
    late june my mom who was supposed to be our helper to get her to and from appointments that I am not able to get to falls and shatters (And I DO mean shatter like dish on a kitchen floor) her ankle. if you want to see the after x-ray I have em. even after all the work they did on the ankle there are still fragments floating around
    my dad picks up the slack on our family company (And subsequently loses his mind, figuratively speaking)so he is out of the question for helping.
    july 1 starts chemo
    todays news I am about at the end of my rope.
    not to mention other problems such as my nephew being taken away by a mom who is using him for child support from my brother who is struggling as is because of something stupid in his past... because of the mom who is now using my nephew for money. I have a million more. I just need some sympathy and possibly something to hit several thousand times.

You vent all you want
    You vent all you want Spinnr. I am so sorry that all of this is happening in your and your g/f's life.

Hugs, Leeza
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

I'm sure you know, the sleep
    I'm sure you know, the sleep just doesn't come. the not eating isn't a problem. I need to lose some weight anyways, and I am doing ok because I drink ALOT of water and alot of pedialite.

She has a consultation on friday for her surgery. she told me to stay home and relax, and go to the football game friday night, because that is the only thing that has gotten my mind off of this whole thing since we got diagnosed. I'd feel guilty if I didn't go to her appointment, but she insists it will be ok

Good luck with the
    Good luck with the consultation Friday. Let us know what she finds out.

Hugs and prayers!

Diane ♥
  • Spinnr1
    Spinnr1 Member Posts: 57
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Good luck with the
    Good luck with the consultation Friday. Let us know what she finds out.

Hugs and prayers!

Diane ♥

She said the appointment
    She said the appointment went well. I didn't go because she said her mom would be there and I had work. plus she wanted me to make the football game.
    she said the surgeon was very positive he could get it all on the first try. they said he is taking the lymph nodes on the left side and maybe even the sentinel nodes on the right just as a precaution. she said she was really comfortable with him, and he put her at ease. She also mentioned that he was measuring it and that it had shrunk roughly by about half the size and the inflammation was alot less and had moved closer to the skin so he thinks the mastectomy should remove it.
    Surgery is next week.
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

She said the appointment
    She said the appointment went well. I didn't go because she said her mom would be there and I had work. plus she wanted me to make the football game.
    she said the surgeon was very positive he could get it all on the first try. they said he is taking the lymph nodes on the left side and maybe even the sentinel nodes on the right just as a precaution. she said she was really comfortable with him, and he put her at ease. She also mentioned that he was measuring it and that it had shrunk roughly by about half the size and the inflammation was alot less and had moved closer to the skin so he thinks the mastectomy should remove it.
    Surgery is next week.

That's good news, Spinnr!
    I'm glad to hear your GF is pleased with her surgeon and that her surgeon is confident he can get the entire tumor. It's good news, too, that the tumor has shrunk so much. Please keep us up to date, pass on our best to your GF, and remember - take care of yourself too!

Best,
    Joe
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

I'm glad to hear your GF is pleased with her surgeon and that her surgeon is confident he can get the entire tumor. It's good news, too, that the tumor has shrunk so much. Please keep us up to date, pass on our best to your GF, and remember - take care of yourself too!

Best,
    Joe

Great news that the tumor
    Great news that the tumor has shrunk Spinnr. Good luck with the surgery. Please update us when you can.

HUGS!
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options

Great news that the tumor
    Great news that the tumor has shrunk Spinnr. Good luck with the surgery. Please update us when you can.

HUGS!

Great news!
    Wow, the tumor has shrunk by almost half. That is wonderful. Thanks for keeping us updated. I think maybe it may be time to start a new thread as this one is getting pretty long and is taking a while to load. Please keep us updated. Pammy
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Best,
    Joe

YEA! The tumor has shrunk
    YEA! The tumor has shrunk to almost half Spinnr! And, the surgeon says he can get it all. That is great news. I am so happy for your g/f and you! Best of luck with the surgery. Please be sure and keep us updated as we all care and are concerned!

Kylez ♥
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

YEA! The tumor has shrunk
    YEA! The tumor has shrunk to almost half Spinnr! And, the surgeon says he can get it all. That is great news. I am so happy for your g/f and you! Best of luck with the surgery. Please be sure and keep us updated as we all care and are concerned!

Kylez ♥

Spinnr
    Thanks for the update! It is good news! I am keeping you both in my prayers! Let us know how her surgery goes.

Kristin ♥
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Aortus said:

Best,
    Joe

Spinnr
    Just sending my best wishes to you and your girlfriend. I am praying that her surgery will be successful!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

She said the appointment
    Surgery is next week.

good news
    Thanks for keeping us updated, Spinnr. Looks like she got good news all around. Hope everything is smooth sailing from now on!

Mimi
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

good news
    Thanks for keeping us updated, Spinnr. Looks like she got good news all around. Hope everything is smooth sailing from now on!

Mimi

Spinnr
    Sending you prayers! Praying for a succesful surgery!

Kristin ♥
  • Spinnr1
    Options
    Surgery went well. took them
    Surgery went well. took them about 3 and a half hours. the dr came out and told me they had checked the lymph nodes on the right and they were negative so that was a good sign.

said they took a good bit of the lymph nodes on the left (affected) side to be sure they got all of them and they haven't gotten back to us about them yet.

they put her in ICU for about 2 or 3 hours after the surgery to let her recover before she saw anyone. she was walking a few hours later. we took a walk to the far end of the floor we were on to catch a pretty sweet view of the nighttime dallas skyline while it was lightly raining. pretty cool

the next few days went pretty slowly. we slept alot walked a little and she went to the bathroom like 50000000000 times. I know because I walked her there so many times I was literally crying one night at midnight because I had blisters the size of a tennis ball from walking on that floor in just a pair of those hospital socks with the rubber padding on the bottom.

so now here we are monday evening she is comfortably resting in her own bed and she has a post op appointment whenever the drainage tubes start draining under a certain level every day (I'm sure this isn't like, new to anyone, just spreading news about our plan around)
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

Surgery went well. took them
    Surgery went well. took them about 3 and a half hours. the dr came out and told me they had checked the lymph nodes on the right and they were negative so that was a good sign.

said they took a good bit of the lymph nodes on the left (affected) side to be sure they got all of them and they haven't gotten back to us about them yet.

they put her in ICU for about 2 or 3 hours after the surgery to let her recover before she saw anyone. she was walking a few hours later. we took a walk to the far end of the floor we were on to catch a pretty sweet view of the nighttime dallas skyline while it was lightly raining. pretty cool

the next few days went pretty slowly. we slept alot walked a little and she went to the bathroom like 50000000000 times. I know because I walked her there so many times I was literally crying one night at midnight because I had blisters the size of a tennis ball from walking on that floor in just a pair of those hospital socks with the rubber padding on the bottom.

so now here we are monday evening she is comfortably resting in her own bed and she has a post op appointment whenever the drainage tubes start draining under a certain level every day (I'm sure this isn't like, new to anyone, just spreading news about our plan around)

Spinnr1
    Thanks for the update and wishing a speedy recovery for your girlfriend.
    You are a wonderful person to stick beside her--she needs you.
    I can feel the love that you both have for each other.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

Spinnr1
    Thanks for the update and wishing a speedy recovery for your girlfriend.
    You are a wonderful person to stick beside her--she needs you.
    I can feel the love that you both have for each other.

Hugs,
    Margo

Glad she got thru the
    Glad she got thru the surgery! Wishing her a speedy recovery. Thank you for letting us know!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Spinnr1
    Options
    Got the pathology from the
    Got the pathology from the surgery
    the right side was clear nodes and all
    the left side the margins for the breast lump were clear and there was only one affected node and he pulled 14 so good news for once he said "if all goes well, with chemo and radiation you could be cancer free"
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

the left side the margins for the breast lump were clear and there was only one affected node and he pulled 14 so good news for once he said "if all goes well, with chemo and radiation you could be cancer free"

Wow Spinner
    That is really great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless You Both

Aurora
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

Thank God
    Spinnr1 that is great news, thank you for keeping us up on this. Your girlfriend is really lucky to have someone who cares like you do. I am whishin and hopin for cancer free!
    all my best, jackie
  • Spinnr1
    Options
    Haven't received any more
    Haven't received any more news yet.

She is still a little sore under her left arm. but she is moving around and staying as active as possible.

we are just waiting for more chemo to start hoping for the best news possible

hope you are all doing well
  • Spinnr1
    Options
    She has an appointment
    She has an appointment monday october 12th. not sure when chemo will start again.

we have spent a couple nights without worrying about the whole thing. we are taking it day by day. she is still pretty sore from the surgery but she has had alot of energy the last few days and it's great to have her up and around.

just wanted to update you all. hope everyone is doing ok
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

She has an appointment
    She has an appointment monday october 12th. not sure when chemo will start again.

we have spent a couple nights without worrying about the whole thing. we are taking it day by day. she is still pretty sore from the surgery but she has had alot of energy the last few days and it's great to have her up and around.

just wanted to update you all. hope everyone is doing ok

Thank you
    Spinnr1,
    Thanks for the update and hope everything goes well for both of you.
    Worry is just a normal process we all go through.

Hugs,
    margo