Options

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

She has her third treatment
    She has her third treatment this week.
    She's being hard headed and not wanting to slow down her lifestyle no matter how much I beg her to get some rest she keeps finding something to do. I'll keep asking her to cool it. wish me luck

Thanks for updating us
    Thanks for updating us Spinnr! She may be keeping busy to keep her mind on other things besides the cancer. But, she does need her rest. Keep trying Spinnr. And, how are you doing? Are you getting enough rest? Good luck to both of you!

Hugs!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

Thanks for updating us
    Thanks for updating us Spinnr! She may be keeping busy to keep her mind on other things besides the cancer. But, she does need her rest. Keep trying Spinnr. And, how are you doing? Are you getting enough rest? Good luck to both of you!

Hugs!

Hi Spinnr
    Her third treatment already? That is great. Soon she will be done, right? Do you know how many more Spinnr? You are such a good b/f, you are always so concerned about her. You just continue to take good care of her and take care of yourself too! Ok? Post and keep us updated Spinnr!

♠♥ Noel ♠♥
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Noel said:

Hi Spinnr
    Her third treatment already? That is great. Soon she will be done, right? Do you know how many more Spinnr? You are such a good b/f, you are always so concerned about her. You just continue to take good care of her and take care of yourself too! Ok? Post and keep us updated Spinnr!

♠♥ Noel ♠♥

Hey Spinnr. Looks like her
    Hey Spinnr. Looks like her chemo is moving right along. How has she been? Sick at all? How are you? You eating and getting sleep? Thanks for posting. Take care!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

She has her third treatment
    She has her third treatment this week.
    She's being hard headed and not wanting to slow down her lifestyle no matter how much I beg her to get some rest she keeps finding something to do. I'll keep asking her to cool it. wish me luck

Congrats on her third
    Congrats on her third treatment! Thanks for telling us Spinnr. Praying for both of you!

Hugs ♥Lex♥
  • Spinnr1
    Spinnr1 Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Chemo went well. she is
    Chemo went well. she is currently resting. we are going out of town this weekend for her mom's wedding. (I'd rather get my teeth pulled without having em numbed)
    but she's been looking forward to it, so we are going to have a good weekend. thank you all for the support and the love. I hope you are all doing well.
  • debragood1
    debragood1 Member Posts: 48
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

She had a herceptin
    She had a herceptin treatment today no biggie she said, but accessing the port looks painful, so I will just take her word for it.
    she was exhausted when we got home she didn't even say anything just went to the bedroom and turned out the lights. They said her Platelytes (I know I messed that word up) were low and she was a bleeding risk. not sure what we can do about that but they mentioned giving her more blood. I don't know. just thought I would give an update. how is everyone else doing?

Anesthetic for the Port
    Hey Spinnr1:

I don't have a port but I've seen some people on this board talk about some creme or ointment they rub on the skin over the port a certain amount of time before the treatment. It supposedly works. If anyone reading this has more info, please add it for Spinnr1.

Also, please take care of yourself Spinnr1, you're great but will be useless to your girlfriend AND yourself if you let yourself get run down. Take a break!

Be well.

Best,
    Deb
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

Chemo went well. she is
    Chemo went well. she is currently resting. we are going out of town this weekend for her mom's wedding. (I'd rather get my teeth pulled without having em numbed)
    but she's been looking forward to it, so we are going to have a good weekend. thank you all for the support and the love. I hope you are all doing well.

Glad chemo went well for
    Glad chemo went well for her. Try to enjoy getting out of town. Good to hear from you!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • survivorbc09
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

Chemo went well. she is

Hey Spinnr! LOL @ your not
    Hey Spinnr! LOL @ your not wanting to go to her Mom's. You will have a good time. Won't it be nice to just get out of town for awhile? You might actually enjoy it. LOL Have a great time. And, keep updating us on you two!

Hugs!
  • Spinnr1
    Options

Hey Spinnr! LOL @ your not
    Hey Spinnr! LOL @ your not wanting to go to her Mom's. You will have a good time. Won't it be nice to just get out of town for awhile? You might actually enjoy it. LOL Have a great time. And, keep updating us on you two!

Hugs!

It's not about what I want.
    It's not about what I want. it's about what she wants so I put on a happy face and enjpyed what I could of the weekend. it was good to get away, but it's better to be in our own bed
  • survivorbc09
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

It's not about what I want.
    It's not about what I want. it's about what she wants so I put on a happy face and enjpyed what I could of the weekend. it was good to get away, but it's better to be in our own bed

Glad you got back home
    Glad you got back home safely.
  • Spinnr1
    Options
    Just got a call with the
    Just got a call with the results for her ultrasound from last week.
    they said it had grown and was no longer responding to the chemo. so noone knows what to do and it seems alot like noone cares. the nurses won't let us speak to anyone and they won't call back and they say they want to rush surgery but they haven't called and they haven't done anything. I'm pretty confident in her dr's but I think all the nurses should be fired .
  • survivorbc09
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

Just got a call with the
    Just got a call with the results for her ultrasound from last week.
    they said it had grown and was no longer responding to the chemo. so noone knows what to do and it seems alot like noone cares. the nurses won't let us speak to anyone and they won't call back and they say they want to rush surgery but they haven't called and they haven't done anything. I'm pretty confident in her dr's but I think all the nurses should be fired .

I am so sorry Spinnr1.
    I am so sorry Spinnr1. I had hoped and prayed that the chemo would have worked for your g/f. If the nurses won't let you talk to the doctors, can you drive there and insist on talking to them? Sometimes we have to almost force ourselves on the doctors to get their attention. Good luck!
  • Spinnr1
    Options

I am so sorry Spinnr1.
    I am so sorry Spinnr1. I had hoped and prayed that the chemo would have worked for your g/f. If the nurses won't let you talk to the doctors, can you drive there and insist on talking to them? Sometimes we have to almost force ourselves on the doctors to get their attention. Good luck!

I can already tell you how
    I can already tell you how that would go. we pack up and get in the car and drive an hour there and the receptionist says "He's busy" or "He's out sailing his yacht come back another time" so we drive home only to have missed an important phone call. because they are too braindead to call my cell
  • Spinnr1
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

I can already tell you how
    I can already tell you how that would go. we pack up and get in the car and drive an hour there and the receptionist says "He's busy" or "He's out sailing his yacht come back another time" so we drive home only to have missed an important phone call. because they are too braindead to call my cell

Consultation for surgery
    Consultation for surgery friday in dallas surgery on monday more than likely.

is it just me or does it seem like they are just abandoning all hope and saying "forget it, let's just cut em off and cross our fingers"

why did they start chemo and then stop and do surgery? I don't get it. it's compounded by the fact that NOO)NE IS DOING THEIR JOB!

example:
    phone rings, it's the office of the surgeon, "Hello"
    Yes this is so and so with dr so and so you have an appointment for a consultation friday at 8:30 am"
    "ok thanks bye"

half hour later the phone rings again
    "Hello"
    "yeah hi I called earlier and said u had an appointment friday at 8:30 it is now at 1:00 pm"

WHY DO THEY NOT KNOW WHEN THEY HAVE AN OPENING?!
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

Consultation for surgery
    Consultation for surgery friday in dallas surgery on monday more than likely.

is it just me or does it seem like they are just abandoning all hope and saying "forget it, let's just cut em off and cross our fingers"

why did they start chemo and then stop and do surgery? I don't get it. it's compounded by the fact that NOO)NE IS DOING THEIR JOB!

example:
    phone rings, it's the office of the surgeon, "Hello"
    Yes this is so and so with dr so and so you have an appointment for a consultation friday at 8:30 am"
    "ok thanks bye"

half hour later the phone rings again
    "Hello"
    "yeah hi I called earlier and said u had an appointment friday at 8:30 it is now at 1:00 pm"

WHY DO THEY NOT KNOW WHEN THEY HAVE AN OPENING?!

I wish I could answer your questions
    At least the doctors are moving ahead with a plan for your girlfriend, which indicates to me that they're not giving up on her at all. They're moving ahead at their own pace in their own way - but that's how they work, I guess.

You're not giving up either, and neither are we. Please keep us up to date on how things are going, and if you just want to vent, that is certainly permitted.
  • Spinnr1
    Options

Hercepin
    That is what I have to take in due time. Have not started with treatment, but was told the drug, along with rad/chemo, is on the horizon for me. Worried and scared about the up in coming treatment. Were you on Hercepin? If so, how did it go with you?

I am not on herceptin
    I am not on herceptin (obviously) but my gf is on it once a week since july 1st, and she hasn't had any problems. if anything it has given her a good nap while they pumped benadryl before it and woke up somewhat refreshed.
  • Spinnr1
    Options
    Aortus said:

At least the doctors are moving ahead with a plan for your girlfriend, which indicates to me that they're not giving up on her at all. They're moving ahead at their own pace in their own way - but that's how they work, I guess.

You're not giving up either, and neither are we. Please keep us up to date on how things are going, and if you just want to vent, that is certainly permitted.

If I am allowed to vent here
    If I am allowed to vent here it goes

Last year a woman who wa slike a mother to her falls, breaks her neck, and dies
    early this year my grandma who she had begun to get close to dies.
    march 1 her grandmother who was a saint and who was like a best friend to both her and myself passed away
    mid may her aunt finds Lumps in her breasts (Which they operated on her this morning and to be sure it isn't cancerous they are having them checked)
    june 1st she is diagnosed, followed by all the crap that follows you all know how that goes
    late june my mom who was supposed to be our helper to get her to and from appointments that I am not able to get to falls and shatters (And I DO mean shatter like dish on a kitchen floor) her ankle. if you want to see the after x-ray I have em. even after all the work they did on the ankle there are still fragments floating around
    my dad picks up the slack on our family company (And subsequently loses his mind, figuratively speaking)so he is out of the question for helping.
    july 1 starts chemo
    todays news I am about at the end of my rope.
    not to mention other problems such as my nephew being taken away by a mom who is using him for child support from my brother who is struggling as is because of something stupid in his past... because of the mom who is now using my nephew for money. I have a million more. I just need some sympathy and possibly something to hit several thousand times.
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    Aortus said:

You're certainly entitled.
    I wish I had something you could hit a few hundred times, but if I did, I would have pounded it into smithereens months ago. I can, however, offer my deepest sympathies: I don't believe that your GF and you are getting the runaround, but I can sure see how the two of you could come to that conclusion.

I don't know what to say about all of the other chaos going on in your life, either. But I can offer you some unsolicited advice: take care of yourself first. Because you can't help anybody else out unless you're in something like decent shape. I know from personal experience as a caregiver that it can be really hard. Still, if you don't eat enough and sleep enough (I seem to recall you're not big on doing either one), it will catch up with you in the end. I also suggest you spend at least a little time doing things that you want to do. Please give yourself a little break now and then. Everybody will be better off for it.

Best,
    Joe
  • Spinnr1
    Options
    Aortus said:

You're certainly entitled.
    I wish I had something you could hit a few hundred times, but if I did, I would have pounded it into smithereens months ago. I can, however, offer my deepest sympathies: I don't believe that your GF and you are getting the runaround, but I can sure see how the two of you could come to that conclusion.

I don't know what to say about all of the other chaos going on in your life, either. But I can offer you some unsolicited advice: take care of yourself first. Because you can't help anybody else out unless you're in something like decent shape. I know from personal experience as a caregiver that it can be really hard. Still, if you don't eat enough and sleep enough (I seem to recall you're not big on doing either one), it will catch up with you in the end. I also suggest you spend at least a little time doing things that you want to do. Please give yourself a little break now and then. Everybody will be better off for it.

Best,
    Joe

I'm sure you know, the sleep
    I'm sure you know, the sleep just doesn't come. the not eating isn't a problem. I need to lose some weight anyways, and I am doing ok because I drink ALOT of water and alot of pedialite.

She has a consultation on friday for her surgery. she told me to stay home and relax, and go to the football game friday night, because that is the only thing that has gotten my mind off of this whole thing since we got diagnosed. I'd feel guilty if I didn't go to her appointment, but she insists it will be ok
  • survivorbc09
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

I'm sure you know, the sleep
    I'm sure you know, the sleep just doesn't come. the not eating isn't a problem. I need to lose some weight anyways, and I am doing ok because I drink ALOT of water and alot of pedialite.

She has a consultation on friday for her surgery. she told me to stay home and relax, and go to the football game friday night, because that is the only thing that has gotten my mind off of this whole thing since we got diagnosed. I'd feel guilty if I didn't go to her appointment, but she insists it will be ok

I just want to wish you two
    I just want to wish you two the best of luck. I am so sorry for all that has happened to you guys. This is just so much to have happen to you at such a young age. Please take care of yourself too Spinnr. Putting both of you in my prayers!