Level 3 Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma

Options

Comments

• rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

Oncologist appt monday
    Oncologist appt monday morning, he looked at her breast and saw the red was coming back and he said it looked like maybe an infection, she was feeling bad so he put her in the hospital for antibiotics etc. she stayed a few days and he said her platelettes were low and her red blood cells were low but her whites were good. yesterday he gave her 2 pints of blood and she was feeling better. he sent us home today after her herceptin treatment

Spinnr1
    I' glad you caught the infection and that your GF is feeling better now. I am also on Herceptin and it never has any side-effects for me.

I loved how you told us about the garage sale and how beautiful she was. What a wonderful woman she must be. Tell her you are both cared for very much here on this board, and you both will bein my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for posting, please let us know how everything goes.
    Best of luck, jackie
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

Oncologist appt monday
    Oncologist appt monday morning, he looked at her breast and saw the red was coming back and he said it looked like maybe an infection, she was feeling bad so he put her in the hospital for antibiotics etc. she stayed a few days and he said her platelettes were low and her red blood cells were low but her whites were good. yesterday he gave her 2 pints of blood and she was feeling better. he sent us home today after her herceptin treatment

Spinnr, glad to know that
    Spinnr, glad to know that the oncologist took care of your gf. I know you must have been so worried. And, now she is home, resting I hope.

Thanks for keeping us updated. We always worry about you and your gf both!

Hugs, Lex
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

Oncologist appt monday

So, Spinnr, how is your gf
    So, Spinnr, how is your gf doing now? You haven't posted and let us know. I hope better!

Kylez :)
  • Spinnr1
    Spinnr1 Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Kylez said:

So, Spinnr, how is your gf
    So, Spinnr, how is your gf doing now? You haven't posted and let us know. I hope better!

Kylez :)

She is good. she had an
    She is good. she had an appointment with her primary dr today to make sure he is up to date on everything and he was like "You've had how many chemo treatments?... You've got to be kidding you look fantastic" He seemes really impressed that she looked so healthy and was in such good spirits.
    She has a Herceptin Treatment thursday and she is supposed to see her liver dr sometime next week to get him up to date
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

She is good. she had an
    She is good. she had an appointment with her primary dr today to make sure he is up to date on everything and he was like "You've had how many chemo treatments?... You've got to be kidding you look fantastic" He seemes really impressed that she looked so healthy and was in such good spirits.
    She has a Herceptin Treatment thursday and she is supposed to see her liver dr sometime next week to get him up to date

Hey Spinnr! Thanks for
    Hey Spinnr! Thanks for posting! So, your g/f looks great? You already knew that. :)

I am glad that the doctor thinks so too. She must be doing good then on the chemo, well, not good, but, not too bad.

Let us know what her liver dr says. And, tell her good luck on the Herceptin!

Thanks again Spinnr for letting us know!

Hugs, Kylez
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Kylez said:

Hey Spinnr! Thanks for
    Hey Spinnr! Thanks for posting! So, your g/f looks great? You already knew that. :)

I am glad that the doctor thinks so too. She must be doing good then on the chemo, well, not good, but, not too bad.

Let us know what her liver dr says. And, tell her good luck on the Herceptin!

Thanks again Spinnr for letting us know!

Hugs, Kylez

Spinnr
    Thanks for the update.
    Your girlfriend will do just fine on Herceptin.

Keep us posted.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Spinnr
    Thanks for the update.

Keep us posted.

Hugs,
    Margo

Yes, thanks for the update
    Yes, thanks for the update on your girlfriend Spinnr.

Wishing her good luck on Herceptin. I think most do ok on it.

Keep us updated on how she is doing!

Lex
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

Oncologist appt monday

Glad to Hear Things Are Better
    Glad to hear that things are better and your friend is feeling a little better. So how are you doing? Are you getting plenty of rest and eating? You got to stay healthy yourself to take care of her. Remember that.

Take Care,

P
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    aztec45 said:

Glad to hear that things are better and your friend is feeling a little better. So how are you doing? Are you getting plenty of rest and eating? You got to stay healthy yourself to take care of her. Remember that.

Take Care,

P

Thank you Spinnr for letting
    Thank you Spinnr for letting us know how your g/f is doing now. Post and let us know about her liver test when you find out.

Wishing you and her the best!
  • Spinnr1
    Options
    aztec45 said:

Take Care,

P

I am getting through. we
    I am getting through. we both started journals to help us cope. I am sleeping about the same as I did before all of this. maybe a little less (That's not saying alot because I am a huge insomniac. I sleep about 4 - 8 hours a week on average) Eating is a problem I eat well, but then I get in the shower and the time alone makes me think and I just can't keep anything down. so I have been drinking ALOT of pedialyte. I'll make it. one way or another. she needs me so I am gonna do what has to be done
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

I am getting through. we
    I am getting through. we both started journals to help us cope. I am sleeping about the same as I did before all of this. maybe a little less (That's not saying alot because I am a huge insomniac. I sleep about 4 - 8 hours a week on average) Eating is a problem I eat well, but then I get in the shower and the time alone makes me think and I just can't keep anything down. so I have been drinking ALOT of pedialyte. I'll make it. one way or another. she needs me so I am gonna do what has to be done

Suggestion Spinnr
    Ok, from now on, no more showers unless you have a radio blaring in there with you!! This way your mind will sing a song instead of alowing you to "think". :(-) Pammy
  • survivorbc09
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

I am getting through. we

Journals is a good idea
    Journals is a good idea Spinnr. Everyone should write in one that goes thru this. You are a great boyfriend! And, I know that she knows that! But, besides helping her, you take better care of yourself! Ok?

Praying for you! Keep us posted!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

I am getting through. we

Hi Spinnr! You are so sweet
    Hi Spinnr! You are so sweet to keep us updated on your g/f. Thank you for doing that. We do worry about you two.

Writing is good. You can express all of your feelings good or bad and share them or not.

At my Cancer Center, we have a class doing that now. Trying to get bc survivors to channel their fear or concerns into words.

You try to eat better and get more sleep. You are a great guy!

Hugs, Noel
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options

Spinnr
    Thanks for the update.

Keep us posted.

Hugs,
    Margo

Hercepin
    That is what I have to take in due time. Have not started with treatment, but was told the drug, along with rad/chemo, is on the horizon for me. Worried and scared about the up in coming treatment. Were you on Hercepin? If so, how did it go with you?
  • Spinnr1
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Suggestion Spinnr
    Ok, from now on, no more showers unless you have a radio blaring in there with you!! This way your mind will sing a song instead of alowing you to "think". :(-) Pammy

I haven't taken a shower
    I haven't taken a shower without music since I was in middle school
  • Spinnr1
    Options
    Noel said:

Hi Spinnr! You are so sweet
    Hi Spinnr! You are so sweet to keep us updated on your g/f. Thank you for doing that. We do worry about you two.

Writing is good. You can express all of your feelings good or bad and share them or not.

At my Cancer Center, we have a class doing that now. Trying to get bc survivors to channel their fear or concerns into words.

You try to eat better and get more sleep. You are a great guy!

Hugs, Noel

She had a herceptin
    She had a herceptin treatment today no biggie she said, but accessing the port looks painful, so I will just take her word for it.
    she was exhausted when we got home she didn't even say anything just went to the bedroom and turned out the lights. They said her Platelytes (I know I messed that word up) were low and she was a bleeding risk. not sure what we can do about that but they mentioned giving her more blood. I don't know. just thought I would give an update. how is everyone else doing?
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

She had a herceptin
    She had a herceptin treatment today no biggie she said, but accessing the port looks painful, so I will just take her word for it.
    she was exhausted when we got home she didn't even say anything just went to the bedroom and turned out the lights. They said her Platelytes (I know I messed that word up) were low and she was a bleeding risk. not sure what we can do about that but they mentioned giving her more blood. I don't know. just thought I would give an update. how is everyone else doing?

Keep Your Head Up
    Keep your head up. We are here to help you and get you through this. Try to keep your strength up. I drink a lot of protein drinks when my tummy is acting up after chemo. Music is good. I used to cry in the shower, too - that is - until they put me on some meds for it. Writing is good. I do that too. This site is awesome. I try to hit it daily. I feel better after chatting with the Grills.

Good Luck,

P
  • survivorbc09
    Options
    Spinnr1 said:

She had a herceptin

I hope she does ok with the
    I hope she does ok with the herceptin Spinnr. I think most do.

I bet she is exhausted and you too. You take care of yourself please.

And, let us know how you both are doing when you can.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

I hope she does ok with the
    I hope she does ok with the herceptin Spinnr. I think most do.

I bet she is exhausted and you too. You take care of yourself please.

And, let us know how you both are doing when you can.

Hey Spinnr! Glad to see you
    Hey Spinnr! Glad to see you posting again.

Let us know how your g/f and you are doing now.

Thinking of you

♣Susie♠
  • Spinnr1
    Options
    She has her third treatment
    She has her third treatment this week.
    She's being hard headed and not wanting to slow down her lifestyle no matter how much I beg her to get some rest she keeps finding something to do. I'll keep asking her to cool it. wish me luck