Options
13»

Comments

• tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    ladybug22 said:

Its time to take care of
    Its time to take care of your self you need to tell your sister u love her but your plate is full.then sent here in here.good luck with your rads and u can vent in here when ever u want to. love to you clara

my dad
    My sister and mother have been wonderful but my dad on the other hand--UGH!!! He is in Florida during the winter with his lady friend and I don't know if it is a dad/guy thing but he called me three weeks after my surgery and when I told him I was doing fine he didn't believe me and had to call my sister to see if what I said was true. I got a get well card from him and his lady friend ONE month after my surgery and addressed to Marco and not Margo--his lady friend addressed the envelope. When I asked him to bring me to my treatments when he came to Maine since my sister and mother were doing it all he said, "We'll see maybe we can combine visits" I asked him what he meant by that and he said bring me to my treatment which is 2 hours and then visit his lady friends family for the rest of the week. Blood boiling---on my part. He has only one grandson, my son and last year he saw us three times in 5 months for an hour each time and then visited with her family several times at a week at a time. My son knows his grandfather as the "Savings bond grampy"--pretty sad.

I will not need a driver anymore when I go for my treatments of Taxol w/Herceptin and then Herceptin alone and I am not going to mention this to him.

Maybe he is scared and doesn't know how to deal with it. Another thing he has done is had knee surgery and never told my sister or I about it until it was all over then he had a reaction to some medication he was on and had to be hospitalized and we didn't find out about it until two weeks after.

I think everyone reacts to things differently and maybe they are scared and don't know what to say or how to deal with it and some just go out of your lives because of this.

I didn't mean to dwell on my stuff but it just PISSES me off that my father can't step up to the plate and be a dad.

I just edited this to add maybe I need to tell my father that he needs to get some balls, backbone and think for himself instead of having her do it for him. He was never like this until he got with her.

Margo