124»

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Moopy got her flashlight this evening!
    Hello, everyone!

I am pleased to say that Moopy finished her sixth (and last) round of TAC this evening, with flying colors! I took her out for a quick bite to eat and she has been snoozing comfortably ever since we got home.

We would like to thank you one and all from the bottom of our hearts for all of the love and understanding and wisdom and thoughtfulness and prayers and humor and strength you have shared with us. Not to mention the dazzling, waving flashlights which appeared so very dim only fifteen weeks ago.

I am sure the Moopster herself will have much more to say once she has rested up, so I'll pipe down now. But I have never felt so proud of anything in my life - not even when I walked back down the aisle with her as my wife, almost 17 years ago - as I feel now just to be the husband of this beautiful and brilliant and strong and totally amazing woman.

Thank you all again and again!
    Joe

Happy she is done and
    Happy she is done and resting. You two are the cutest couple and so perfect for each other. And Joe, to put it in fishing terms, you are a keeper, a definite keeper. My hubby is also super supportive of me, not just with the cancer, but in all aspects of our lives and I am of him. I can tell that you and Moopy have that type of relationship as well. It's just the best. It's like living the How Do I Love Thee poem in real life, isn't it?
    Again, I am so happy that you are both through this part of the journey.
    Stef
  • celinelvr
    celinelvr Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Stef
    Stef, you message says it so well. I am awed, too, to be in such company as yours and our sisters. I know, too, that you all are covering my back even while your lights are directing my path ahead.

Milly, are your ready? I sure am!

FOLLOWING THE LIGHT
    Yes, Moopy I'm ahead of you already! My chemo session is over and I am on my way!
    See ya at the end of the tunnel!
    Milly
  • celinelvr
    Options
    mimivac said:

Today is the day
    Moopy,

You are probably in treatment right now receiving your very LAST chemo. I am so proud of you. We had some tough times these last four months, all of us on chemo did. But the biggest blessing of all has been the way we have supported, depended on, and clung to each other. How could I have gone through this experience without all my dear friends here, especially you Moopy and Jackie (my treatment sisters)? I don't know, and I'm glad I won't find out. Now a few of us will be going through radiation together -- another comfort. Moopy, I hope with all my heart that this last treatment is a breeze and that you begin your permanent recovery as soon as possible. I know you will.

Jackie, let us know what the onc. says about your radiation treatments. I start mine next Monday, May 4th. I guess we are off to the races again, huh?

Milly, congratulations on your last treatment!! It is so gratifying to see so many of my sisters surviving and thriving. My best to all of you.

Mimi

Glad it is over
    Glad to have it over! I was finished with my last chemo at 2:00 today. Things went predictably and on schedule. Now I can't sleep as usual. ( I can never sleep the night after I have chemo ). Thanks so much to all my support and well wishers!!! Sisters of the light! I still look forward to coming here and asking for advice and hoping to help someone else in return.

Milly
  • celinelvr
    Options
    Aortus said:

Hello, everyone!

I am pleased to say that Moopy finished her sixth (and last) round of TAC this evening, with flying colors! I took her out for a quick bite to eat and she has been snoozing comfortably ever since we got home.

We would like to thank you one and all from the bottom of our hearts for all of the love and understanding and wisdom and thoughtfulness and prayers and humor and strength you have shared with us. Not to mention the dazzling, waving flashlights which appeared so very dim only fifteen weeks ago.

I am sure the Moopster herself will have much more to say once she has rested up, so I'll pipe down now. But I have never felt so proud of anything in my life - not even when I walked back down the aisle with her as my wife, almost 17 years ago - as I feel now just to be the husband of this beautiful and brilliant and strong and totally amazing woman.

Joe

We made it Moop!
    Glad we made it Moopy! Congrats to you!!! Thanks for the update Joe. >I apprecitated the pep talk you gave me about being triple negative. It will be a challenge to us both, but we will beat it. I'm sure, especially with everyone rooting for us!

Milly
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    djteach said:

Moopy Day
    Hi Teena,
    Thanks for reminding me, my memory is shot!

Hi Moopy,
    I hope today goes well and with no SE. Know that, I will be doing my happy chair dance. I won't nekid dance yet, I don't want to scare anyone away,and trust me it would. My thoughts and prayers are with you! Congratulations!!!
    Love and Gentle Hugs,
    Donna

What a STAR!!!!!!!
    Well 2 Stars actually... Raising a flaggon to you both. To Joe and Moopy!!!!!!! HUGE HUGS Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • jakeca
    jakeca Member Posts: 92
    Options
    celinelvr said:

Glad it is over
    Glad to have it over! I was finished with my last chemo at 2:00 today. Things went predictably and on schedule. Now I can't sleep as usual. ( I can never sleep the night after I have chemo ). Thanks so much to all my support and well wishers!!! Sisters of the light! I still look forward to coming here and asking for advice and hoping to help someone else in return.

Milly

Yeah!
    Excited for you! What a wonderful day! In a few weeks, you'll be feeling so much more like your old self and happy in the knowledge you did everything you could to ward off this nasty disease. Best wishes as you continue your journey.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    celinelvr said:

We made it Moop!
    Glad we made it Moopy! Congrats to you!!! Thanks for the update Joe. >I apprecitated the pep talk you gave me about being triple negative. It will be a challenge to us both, but we will beat it. I'm sure, especially with everyone rooting for us!

Milly

Heartfelt congratulations to YOU, too - Milly!
    Huge accomplishment! Am proud of you - hope you're proud of yourself, too!

Kind regards, Susan
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

What a STAR!!!!!!!
    Well 2 Stars actually... Raising a flaggon to you both. To Joe and Moopy!!!!!!! HUGE HUGS Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Moopy and Joe, just sending
    Moopy and Joe, just sending congratulations to you both for enduring this horiffic ordeal....with your heads held high, and always with a smile. This part is over, and now the easier part of treatment begins. I am personally so inspired by you Moopy, in that you have always seemed to have a way to look forward, and not backward in this journey. My motto has always been, "eyes forward, forever". I know you are going to have a few days that will keep you tired, but then the way is only up. Congratulations again.....I am glad you found the many flashlights that have been shining for you. Hugs.

Judy
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Hello, everyone!

Joe

Joe and Moopy
    I am so proud of you Moopy! We did it!! over that, past it, been there done that and never ever to return! We have been here together every step..and i love you. Now we can charge back up for rads. You get lots of rest now. Our bodies have been through so much in the last6 months. My Dr. told me to think of radiation as a vacation. And i'm sure it will be like one for both of us after chemo!

Joe, what a sweet and true thing you said, You have such a appreciation for your darling wife and all she has been through. She is beautiful, brilliant, strong and amazing. You two are perfect together. And you also deserve a big pat on the back. You have been beside her..caring and loving always. You give her lots of reasons to fight! I wish you both all the best in the world. and congratulations.

love your "other sister" jackie