Options

Comments

• celinelvr
    celinelvr Member Posts: 30
    Options
    JoyD said:

Last Chemo
    Moopy:

CONGRATULATIONS on your last Chemo. I am very happy for you!

Joy D

last chemo
    Last chemo!!! YEA!!!! Me too! Because of your unfortunate postponement, our last chemo is on the same day. I think you have had more chemo than I did. I started Feb 24th and I had only 4 cycles. Whatever, we'll both be done! I really feel your joy! Good Luck to both of us!
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    celinelvr said:

last chemo
    Last chemo!!! YEA!!!! Me too! Because of your unfortunate postponement, our last chemo is on the same day. I think you have had more chemo than I did. I started Feb 24th and I had only 4 cycles. Whatever, we'll both be done! I really feel your joy! Good Luck to both of us!

Yea for Both of Us!
    Hi, Milly. Thank you! So glad you are finishing up,too. I will be thinking of you tomorrow when we both have our last chemo. Yes, definitely I am sending good luck wishes and positive thoughts to you.
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Moopy remember we are the
    Moopy remember we are the CHAMPIONS!!!!! And that beacon of light is shining extra bright for you. I'll be thinking of you all day and will be with you in spirit. Hugs, Lili
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    celinelvr said:

last chemo

Good luck to you too! I got
    Good luck to you too! I got an extra bright flashlight so you and Moopy can see through the tunnel. You are done girls. Time to celebrate. Hugs, Lili
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Here's my 2 cents
    I am rooting for all of you who are finishing chemo and have helped me, even though I'm a veteran...moopy and rjjj and mike's sunshine, and mimi. You've all helped me through and I am happy that you are making it through. You feel like my phantom sisters. Lynn
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    rjjj said:

Susan
    yes i did wear the hat (almost daringly) haha. my friends loved it! Tootsie snoozed at home. But she has been giving me lots of happy kisses! Thanks Susan, maybe it was just the accumulative chemo dampering my spirits. I wouldn't want to think i let a scammer rain on my parade! and we will not let any one like that steal our joy!! You all remain a happy place in my heart.
    hugs
    jackie

YAY!, Jackie!
    So happy you wore THE hat! (tee hee!) Bet it caused many laughs! :-)

Yeah, that's the way to look at it. Cumulative chemo side effects, NOT the scam. Forget about the scam!

Kind regards, Susan
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Here's my 2 cents
    I am rooting for all of you who are finishing chemo and have helped me, even though I'm a veteran...moopy and rjjj and mike's sunshine, and mimi. You've all helped me through and I am happy that you are making it through. You feel like my phantom sisters. Lynn

Moopy and Milli
    Congrats on this milestone.
    Margo
  • jojo elizapest
    jojo elizapest Member Posts: 122
    Options
    It seems like the two of you
    It seems like the two of you had a cheesehead connection, so as I am settling into my seat at Miller Park...preparing to watch the Brewers beat the Pirates...I will offer up a wedge of cheddar to your spirit, the two of you are real.
  • jojo elizapest
    jojo elizapest Member Posts: 122
    Options
    YIPPI SKIPPY
    One leg of the journey done!!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

It seems like the two of you
    It seems like the two of you had a cheesehead connection, so as I am settling into my seat at Miller Park...preparing to watch the Brewers beat the Pirates...I will offer up a wedge of cheddar to your spirit, the two of you are real.

To those ending chemo today
    To those ending chemo today (I know Moopy is one but I think someone else is but my non-chemo brain is acting out and blocking information) hooray. Love the good news, keep it coming. I know that radiation lies ahead but it is so doable. But right now celebrate the completion of this part of treatment. I didn't have chemo or a mastectomy, only lumpectomies, radiation and hormone therapy. I have nothing but admiration for all of you that while going through all the treatments and the side effects etc. took the time to compassinately share information and support others. I am awed to be in such company. My journey was so easy in comparison to most of you, well, almost all of you. I am grateful that it was, but I know if it had not been easy and if I needed you that I had all of you covering my back. You are the most kind, caring, loving people.
    Stef
  • peggy65
    peggy65 Member Posts: 100
    Options
    what a glorious and powerful
    what a glorious and powerful day for you, moopy. hugs, peggy
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Today is the day
    Moopy,

You are probably in treatment right now receiving your very LAST chemo. I am so proud of you. We had some tough times these last four months, all of us on chemo did. But the biggest blessing of all has been the way we have supported, depended on, and clung to each other. How could I have gone through this experience without all my dear friends here, especially you Moopy and Jackie (my treatment sisters)? I don't know, and I'm glad I won't find out. Now a few of us will be going through radiation together -- another comfort. Moopy, I hope with all my heart that this last treatment is a breeze and that you begin your permanent recovery as soon as possible. I know you will.

Jackie, let us know what the onc. says about your radiation treatments. I start mine next Monday, May 4th. I guess we are off to the races again, huh?

Milly, congratulations on your last treatment!! It is so gratifying to see so many of my sisters surviving and thriving. My best to all of you.

Mimi
  • Moopy23
    Options
    Noel said:

Moopy Moopy Moopy
    I just wanted to put a cheer in here for you! Sing along if you want..haha!

Cheer and Dancing Kitten, Too!
    I love new dancing kitty! I am dancing with her in my Moopy cheer. I'm gonna dance and cheer right into the treatment center this afternoon.

I wish us all many happy dances, and some adorable kitties, too! And some big wins for the Brewers, so Joe and Rita and Eliza will be happy cheeseheads.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Moopy and others who are ending
    Roses are red and violets are blue
    Glad that chemo is over and I'm sure you are too
    so go dance in the clover but cover your head
    because soon you will shed the baldness, but not yet I'm afred.

(sorry I had to make it rhyme)(my grandmother wrote poetry- too bad I didn't acquire that talent)
  • Moopy23
    Options

Moopy remember we are the
    Moopy remember we are the CHAMPIONS!!!!! And that beacon of light is shining extra bright for you. I'll be thinking of you all day and will be with you in spirit. Hugs, Lili

Champions
    That is true, Lili, we are champions, aren't we? We're a team of champions. And none with a brighter light than yours, through everything.

Of course, now I am singing "We are the Champions." I love that anthem--reminds me of MJ and Chicago Bulls glory days. And I liked Freddie Mercury and Queen. So, I'll be singing AND cheering and dancing into the treatment center this afternoon. Good thing y'all have are shining those lights for me--I might not be watching where I am going!
  • Moopy23
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Here's my 2 cents

Lynn
    Thank you, Lynn. I have been thinking of you. When do you get your bilirubin levels checked again? Please let us know. I am sending positive thoughts your way.
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    celinelvr said:

last chemo

celinelvr
    Double blessings. I am so happy for you and Moopy . Congratulations! This little lite of mine..i'm gonna let it shine..............This is the VERY LAST ONE EVER!! and as Joe would say "do you hear me!! EVER!!
    Best wishes and warm hugs
    jackie
  • Moopy23
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Moopy and others who are ending
    Roses are red and violets are blue
    Glad that chemo is over and I'm sure you are too
    so go dance in the clover but cover your head
    because soon you will shed the baldness, but not yet I'm afred.

(sorry I had to make it rhyme)(my grandmother wrote poetry- too bad I didn't acquire that talent)

Love Your Poem!
    Marcia, how funny and sweet. I love your poem. It makes me smile and laugh out loud for the second day in a row. I am sure Milly and everyone who is finishing or finished treatment will love it, too.

And you have talent, too--it is not always easy to make us chemo girls smile, much less laugh, as you will remember.

Guess your last lines are telling us we won't need to schedule hair stylist appointments soon. Otherwise, great poem, sister!
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Lynn
    Thank you, Lynn. I have been thinking of you. When do you get your bilirubin levels checked again? Please let us know. I am sending positive thoughts your way.

Bilirubin
    I got them checked last Saturday and need to call for results today; I am putting this off and feeling ANXIOUS! Thanks for remembering. I will post when I know the results. Lynn
  • Moopy23
    Options
    mimivac said:

Today is the day
    Moopy,

You are probably in treatment right now receiving your very LAST chemo. I am so proud of you. We had some tough times these last four months, all of us on chemo did. But the biggest blessing of all has been the way we have supported, depended on, and clung to each other. How could I have gone through this experience without all my dear friends here, especially you Moopy and Jackie (my treatment sisters)? I don't know, and I'm glad I won't find out. Now a few of us will be going through radiation together -- another comfort. Moopy, I hope with all my heart that this last treatment is a breeze and that you begin your permanent recovery as soon as possible. I know you will.

Jackie, let us know what the onc. says about your radiation treatments. I start mine next Monday, May 4th. I guess we are off to the races again, huh?

Milly, congratulations on your last treatment!! It is so gratifying to see so many of my sisters surviving and thriving. My best to all of you.

Mimi

Mimi
    Thanks, little sister.