Tomorrow is Moopy Day!

Options

Comments

• Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options

It seems like the two of you
    It seems like the two of you had a cheesehead connection, so as I am settling into my seat at Miller Park...preparing to watch the Brewers beat the Pirates...I will offer up a wedge of cheddar to your spirit, the two of you are real.

Jojo
    Thanks, Jojo. I am proud to be an honorary cheesehead and accept the wedge of cheddar with pleasure. Looking forward to getting my taste buds back and tasting it!

Go Brewers!
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Today is the day
    Moopy,

You are probably in treatment right now receiving your very LAST chemo. I am so proud of you. We had some tough times these last four months, all of us on chemo did. But the biggest blessing of all has been the way we have supported, depended on, and clung to each other. How could I have gone through this experience without all my dear friends here, especially you Moopy and Jackie (my treatment sisters)? I don't know, and I'm glad I won't find out. Now a few of us will be going through radiation together -- another comfort. Moopy, I hope with all my heart that this last treatment is a breeze and that you begin your permanent recovery as soon as possible. I know you will.

Jackie, let us know what the onc. says about your radiation treatments. I start mine next Monday, May 4th. I guess we are off to the races again, huh?

Milly, congratulations on your last treatment!! It is so gratifying to see so many of my sisters surviving and thriving. My best to all of you.

Mimi

Mimi and Moopy
    My apt. isn't until late this afternoon but you my dear treatment sista's will be the first to know my plans. All the help and encouragement i have received from you has made this all so much better. I truly would have been lost without you. Our little army will march on bravely through radiation also.

I will be awaiting news on Mon. Mimi you are so brave, i know you will be their star radiation pupil, and pass on to us all the invaluable lessons you learn.
    all my best
    jackie
  • Moopy23
    Options
    peggy65 said:

what a glorious and powerful
    what a glorious and powerful day for you, moopy. hugs, peggy

Margo and Maureen
    Thank you for sending Milly and me hugs and best wishes. Peggy, I am glad you stuck with us. It is good to have you here.

With all these shining lights and caring thoughts sent our way, Milly and I will have a blessed day of final chemo treatment.
  • Moopy23
    Options
    rjjj said:

Mimi and Moopy
    My apt. isn't until late this afternoon but you my dear treatment sista's will be the first to know my plans. All the help and encouragement i have received from you has made this all so much better. I truly would have been lost without you. Our little army will march on bravely through radiation also.

I will be awaiting news on Mon. Mimi you are so brave, i know you will be their star radiation pupil, and pass on to us all the invaluable lessons you learn.
    all my best
    jackie

Right On, Jackie
    Jackie, you have described Mimi so well--our brave young star who passes on to us the invaluable knowledge she learns so well and quickly.

With her and Kristin and Noel and all our sisters currently in radiation or finished, I bet we will be fine. (I'd put money on it, but beating the beast is already expensive!)
  • Moopy23
    Options
    fauxma said:

To those ending chemo today
    To those ending chemo today (I know Moopy is one but I think someone else is but my non-chemo brain is acting out and blocking information) hooray. Love the good news, keep it coming. I know that radiation lies ahead but it is so doable. But right now celebrate the completion of this part of treatment. I didn't have chemo or a mastectomy, only lumpectomies, radiation and hormone therapy. I have nothing but admiration for all of you that while going through all the treatments and the side effects etc. took the time to compassinately share information and support others. I am awed to be in such company. My journey was so easy in comparison to most of you, well, almost all of you. I am grateful that it was, but I know if it had not been easy and if I needed you that I had all of you covering my back. You are the most kind, caring, loving people.
    Stef

Stef
    Stef, you message says it so well. I am awed, too, to be in such company as yours and our sisters. I know, too, that you all are covering my back even while your lights are directing my path ahead.

Milly, are your ready? I sure am!
  • Mikes Sunshine
    Mikes Sunshine Member Posts: 129
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Love Your Poem!
    Marcia, how funny and sweet. I love your poem. It makes me smile and laugh out loud for the second day in a row. I am sure Milly and everyone who is finishing or finished treatment will love it, too.

And you have talent, too--it is not always easy to make us chemo girls smile, much less laugh, as you will remember.

Guess your last lines are telling us we won't need to schedule hair stylist appointments soon. Otherwise, great poem, sister!

Moopy
    Moopy I will be thinking of you all day. As well as all the others that are finishing up Chemo. I wish for all of you a speedy recoverey. I had a few tough days after my last treatment but knowing it was the last helped so much. The last of being sick, the last of staying awake from the steroids, and Moopy the best part you will be able to taste again very soon. I had been looking forward to eating some of my favorites now that I cantaste them again. I had my italian sub but I am still looking forward to some Mexican food. There is a little place we love in New Hampshire I am hoping to get there in the next couple of weeks.

Jackie, This is for you. There is hope yet. I have little fuzzy hairs coming in all over my head already. I thought it would take alot longer for it to start coming back, my last chemo was on April 10th. I am so glad you madeit to your party. I was there in spirit with you.

Mimi, I will be thinking of you on Monday, please give us all the pointers you can. I don't think I am to far behind you. I am going on Thurs. to get measured and to get the tattoos.

I will be keeping all of my pink sisters in my thoughts and as always in my heart. I don't know what I would do without you!!!!!! Love, Nancy
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    RE said:

HUGS*HUGS*HUGS*
    Moopy, congrats on your last chemo tomorrow. I will certainly be thinking of you and saying a little prayer for you. I am so glad you have Joe there with you as it is obvious how adored your are! Chin up gal, you are gonna do great!

Hugs,

RE

Your little angel is so adorable!

You & Aortus, with your advanced technological skills & abilities, humble the rest of us! (Just kidding!)

Kind regards, Susan
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    celinelvr said:

last chemo
    Last chemo!!! YEA!!!! Me too! Because of your unfortunate postponement, our last chemo is on the same day. I think you have had more chemo than I did. I started Feb 24th and I had only 4 cycles. Whatever, we'll both be done! I really feel your joy! Good Luck to both of us!

To celinelvr...
    Congratulations to you, too - for your final chemo treatment today! It is one heck of an accomplishment!

Kind regards, Susan
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    fauxma said:

To those ending chemo today
    To those ending chemo today (I know Moopy is one but I think someone else is but my non-chemo brain is acting out and blocking information) hooray. Love the good news, keep it coming. I know that radiation lies ahead but it is so doable. But right now celebrate the completion of this part of treatment. I didn't have chemo or a mastectomy, only lumpectomies, radiation and hormone therapy. I have nothing but admiration for all of you that while going through all the treatments and the side effects etc. took the time to compassinately share information and support others. I am awed to be in such company. My journey was so easy in comparison to most of you, well, almost all of you. I am grateful that it was, but I know if it had not been easy and if I needed you that I had all of you covering my back. You are the most kind, caring, loving people.
    Stef

Well said, Stef
    Thank you! - I couldn't possibly have done better, as usual, regarding your beautiful posts! My own journey was lumpectomy/chemo/rads/still taking meds. I have heartfelt admiration & respect for all of our sisters for whom the journey has included much more invasive & multiple surgeries (i.e., mastectomies & reconstructions).

I joined the group just 2 weeks ago, now a soon to be 6 year survivor. Again, I am awed by those currently undergoing treatment who are willing and of big enough hearts & souls to support others while doing so.

Kind regards, Susan
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options

Well said, Stef
    Thank you! - I couldn't possibly have done better, as usual, regarding your beautiful posts! My own journey was lumpectomy/chemo/rads/still taking meds. I have heartfelt admiration & respect for all of our sisters for whom the journey has included much more invasive & multiple surgeries (i.e., mastectomies & reconstructions).

I joined the group just 2 weeks ago, now a soon to be 6 year survivor. Again, I am awed by those currently undergoing treatment who are willing and of big enough hearts & souls to support others while doing so.

Kind regards, Susan

I agree with Stef and Susan
    I agree totally regarding the admiration for those whose journey has been much rougher than mine. I had a lumpectomy 1/21/09 ... and am now in week 8 of chemo (taxol & herceptin) ... and will be followed by radiation. But what I have/am still going through is nothing compared to those of you who have had multiple surgeris, much tougher chemo, reconstruction etc. You are truly a brave and wonderful group and you have no idea how much you are admired, appreciated and loved.

hugs.
    teena
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    Moopy got her flashlight this evening!
    Hello, everyone!

I am pleased to say that Moopy finished her sixth (and last) round of TAC this evening, with flying colors! I took her out for a quick bite to eat and she has been snoozing comfortably ever since we got home.

We would like to thank you one and all from the bottom of our hearts for all of the love and understanding and wisdom and thoughtfulness and prayers and humor and strength you have shared with us. Not to mention the dazzling, waving flashlights which appeared so very dim only fifteen weeks ago.

I am sure the Moopster herself will have much more to say once she has rested up, so I'll pipe down now. But I have never felt so proud of anything in my life - not even when I walked back down the aisle with her as my wife, almost 17 years ago - as I feel now just to be the husband of this beautiful and brilliant and strong and totally amazing woman.

Thank you all again and again!
    Joe
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Hello, everyone!

I am pleased to say that Moopy finished her sixth (and last) round of TAC this evening, with flying colors! I took her out for a quick bite to eat and she has been snoozing comfortably ever since we got home.

We would like to thank you one and all from the bottom of our hearts for all of the love and understanding and wisdom and thoughtfulness and prayers and humor and strength you have shared with us. Not to mention the dazzling, waving flashlights which appeared so very dim only fifteen weeks ago.

I am sure the Moopster herself will have much more to say once she has rested up, so I'll pipe down now. But I have never felt so proud of anything in my life - not even when I walked back down the aisle with her as my wife, almost 17 years ago - as I feel now just to be the husband of this beautiful and brilliant and strong and totally amazing woman.

Joe

Thank you
    Thank you Joe for the update, being here for you guys is such a blessing! It is a two way street, when we give we receive. I have had you two on my mind all day long so I am very pleased to hear all went well.

Hugs to you both,

RE
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Aortus said:

Hello, everyone!

Joe

Thanks Joe, I am so glad to
    Thanks Joe, I am so glad to hear that everything went well. It does my heart good to read everyone's posts and know that we are helping each other out in any way we can. I hope Moopy went in there singing and dancing because she has much to celebrate. Hugs, Lii
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    RE said:

Thank you
    Thank you Joe for the update, being here for you guys is such a blessing! It is a two way street, when we give we receive. I have had you two on my mind all day long so I am very pleased to hear all went well.

Hugs to you both,

RE

THANK YOU, Mr.Professor!
    Whew, big sigh of relief! Did you hear it?

Thanks, so very much, for the update. And RE wrote better than I could've about the mutual admiration society we've got going around here.

Congratulations to Moopy! And...

You're a special guy, Joe.

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: Didja see my post from earlier today: "Dear Aortus (a/k/a Joe)"?
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options

Thanks Joe, I am so glad to
    Thanks Joe, I am so glad to hear that everything went well. It does my heart good to read everyone's posts and know that we are helping each other out in any way we can. I hope Moopy went in there singing and dancing because she has much to celebrate. Hugs, Lii

GREAT NEWS !!!!!
    Thanks for the update Joe. I've been checking the posts ever since I got home from work ... waiting to hear from you or Moopy.

You talked about how proud you are of Moopy ... well ... I can tell you there are a bunch of us "out here" who are so very proud of you. You are one in a million. Not every husband would do what you've done for Moopy ... and done it with love. You are both so lucky to have each other.

I wish you a ton of happiness for the next 117 years together.

hugs.
    teena
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Thank you Joe!
    I was hoping that you would update us on Moopy and you did, so, thank you! Let your sweet angel sleep. She will be like a new woman tomorrow with no chemo, so WATCH OUT JOE!! lol
  • bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380
    Options
    tgf said:

GREAT NEWS !!!!!
    Thanks for the update Joe. I've been checking the posts ever since I got home from work ... waiting to hear from you or Moopy.

You talked about how proud you are of Moopy ... well ... I can tell you there are a bunch of us "out here" who are so very proud of you. You are one in a million. Not every husband would do what you've done for Moopy ... and done it with love. You are both so lucky to have each other.

I wish you a ton of happiness for the next 117 years together.

hugs.
    teena

Super!
    Joe,
    You are the sweetest guy! And you and Moopy are too cute. You are both so inspiring here on the site, as a strong and committed couple, and I love reading your posts. I am so glad you're there for Moopy, and here for us!!

Moopy,
    I am SO proud of you. I know I haven't been here that long, but I've read enough of your posts to know that you have made it through the darkest nights and the dimmest days, and you are now emerging on the other side in the sunshine and moonlight. You are a shining beacon for all of us.

Lots of love (I'm so proud just to know you!!),
    Debi
  • jakeca
    jakeca Member Posts: 92
    Options
    Moopy's day
    There once was a gal name of Moopy.
    Her chemo did make her quite droopy.
    She's done with that now
    And so, "Holy Cow!)
    We welcome her to our great groupy!

Oh, my--that's really bad, isn't it? But anyway, welcome to the POST-chemo group! And we are a happy little group, aren't we? So happy for you to be done. It seems you have made a lot of friends on this board with your loving and caring attitude, so you deserve to have a big cyber space celebration with us!
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    jakeca said:

Moopy's day
    There once was a gal name of Moopy.
    Her chemo did make her quite droopy.
    She's done with that now
    And so, "Holy Cow!)
    We welcome her to our great groupy!

Oh, my--that's really bad, isn't it? But anyway, welcome to the POST-chemo group! And we are a happy little group, aren't we? So happy for you to be done. It seems you have made a lot of friends on this board with your loving and caring attitude, so you deserve to have a big cyber space celebration with us!

jakeca - You are so clever!
    Cleverly funny!!! Or, funnily clever?!? Very creative, nonetheless.

I'm impressed!

Kind regards, Susan
  • djteach
    djteach Member Posts: 273
    Options
    Moopy Day
    Hi Teena,
    Thanks for reminding me, my memory is shot!

Hi Moopy,
    I hope today goes well and with no SE. Know that, I will be doing my happy chair dance. I won't nekid dance yet, I don't want to scare anyone away,and trust me it would. My thoughts and prayers are with you! Congratulations!!!
    Love and Gentle Hugs,
    Donna