Shut up and Get Back to Work!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• dbhadra
    dbhadra Member Posts: 344 Member
    Options

mimi-
    YOU are right...! ON many topics you hit...

I was fortunate enough to work the whole time I had radiation! (no thanks for my employer) Thankfully I HAD NO side effects from radiation! Why was the non survior at this seminar? family member?

I went to support group and lady worked with many side effects etc. thought she was doing the right thing to NOT be weak...! She was no further ahead...sadly..

so true!
    So on target what people here say! Some of us need to work to keep our sanity, and some of us need to stay home to preserve our energy. We, those WITH THE BREAST CANCER, the SURVIVORS!!!! are the ones who get to decide what's best for us to do - NOT anyone else who can tell us to suck it up! And no one else has the right to criticize our choices of what works for us. If we feel great and want to work, great. Even if we don;t feel great, and choose to work for other reasons, good for us. If we need to stay home, then that's what we need to do and that's what right for us. We are not cookie cutters, we are all individuals and what people may not get is that everyone's effects/reactions of chemo and radiation and surgery are SO DIFFERENT!

AND BTW different issue - what we decide to do about surgery is our own decision too. Personally my plan now is to go for a double as I don;t want to deal with breasts anymore. At least one person was horrified by my decision to remove the non-cancerous breast. My point is, it's MY breast and MY decision!!!

Sorry for SHOUTING with the caps but the last few posts just resonated with me so strongly that I needed to jump in!

Laura
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    dbhadra said:

so true!
    So on target what people here say! Some of us need to work to keep our sanity, and some of us need to stay home to preserve our energy. We, those WITH THE BREAST CANCER, the SURVIVORS!!!! are the ones who get to decide what's best for us to do - NOT anyone else who can tell us to suck it up! And no one else has the right to criticize our choices of what works for us. If we feel great and want to work, great. Even if we don;t feel great, and choose to work for other reasons, good for us. If we need to stay home, then that's what we need to do and that's what right for us. We are not cookie cutters, we are all individuals and what people may not get is that everyone's effects/reactions of chemo and radiation and surgery are SO DIFFERENT!

AND BTW different issue - what we decide to do about surgery is our own decision too. Personally my plan now is to go for a double as I don;t want to deal with breasts anymore. At least one person was horrified by my decision to remove the non-cancerous breast. My point is, it's MY breast and MY decision!!!

Sorry for SHOUTING with the caps but the last few posts just resonated with me so strongly that I needed to jump in!

Laura

Laura@ shout away...
    I think even reading some posts here help others decided on things...just get a feel for different options...right?

I had very very close friend (like mom since i was born) she had cancer about 4-5 x in 35 yrs...sadly she died while I was away at Disney- She was very strong and not much stopped her-she went with me to my appts and surgery-she was a great help..ears and her thinking sicne she had been through so much..

I was so grateful to have her and miss her dearly..(missed her funeral by 24 hrs which still hurts)

Denise W.