If I could, I would erase this post....sorry for the feelings! Please, just let this go! Old posts

2»

Comments

• KathiM said:

Good point, thanks for the lecture!
    K

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

kathi
    ahh kathi listen to gracie....she is so wise....do stop beating yourself up over this one.

That being said...I agree with Phil....the idea of an expired banner across my mug shot does not appeal. We all feel shocked sad happy wistful....whatever when we open that thread and there is our darling Donna or Kimby shining back at us. I would not like to see them gone....

but kathi please don't beat yourself.....I really would like to get beyond that on this forum. OK so you had and idea and you wrote it down....others maybe don't quite agree but that's ok too....we are not going to blame you or dislike you because you had an honest reaction and acted on it. If we have a forum that criticizes everyone else's post it becomes unpleasant.....we have been there too as you know .....so relax kiddo....

we are here for one another

mags
  • dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
    maglets said:

kathi
    ahh kathi listen to gracie....she is so wise....do stop beating yourself up over this one.

That being said...I agree with Phil....the idea of an expired banner across my mug shot does not appeal. We all feel shocked sad happy wistful....whatever when we open that thread and there is our darling Donna or Kimby shining back at us. I would not like to see them gone....

but kathi please don't beat yourself.....I really would like to get beyond that on this forum. OK so you had and idea and you wrote it down....others maybe don't quite agree but that's ok too....we are not going to blame you or dislike you because you had an honest reaction and acted on it. If we have a forum that criticizes everyone else's post it becomes unpleasant.....we have been there too as you know .....so relax kiddo....

we are here for one another

mags

Im glad
    Kathi,

I am glad you shared your feelings. That is what this board is about. A place where we can share our innermost to those who understand our place and care about us without judgement.

My posts were just sharing my thoughts. You a very sweet, gentle soul and I would never want you to change anything about you or your compassionate feelings!!!

Love and Hugs,

Dawn
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    kathi I am guilty of this but it felt ok at the time !!!!
    I did put in a little query in my post if it was ok to bring up sundances amazing marriage post. I described it as lost treasure. Of course he is still and I don't know if all the replies are current or deceased.

Obviously I simply wanted to make sure such a wonderful post got a second wind. What the point of all the treasure in the basement if we don't read and learn and enjoy it.

I understand how and why you feel hurt and I thought I'd explain why i reposted sundances old post.

Not sure what the standard is, but I for one appreciate all the time and effort we take to answer posts, some people make amazing contributions that I admire.

I hate the fact that wonderful rich, valuable posts are lost. Its a such a waste.

Strangely I sincerely believe that I read deceased peoples posts with a strange reverance and it reminds me of how precious and fragile our lives are in particular.

Finally the deceased could be in heaven, hell or nowhere. They maybe looking down, looking up and not looking, but I also sincerely believe they would be enormously gratified that the contribution they made to this board lived on in their posts and replies. Even if they
    made a joke, its reposted, gets heaps of new laughs.

Laughter from the hereafter, now thats powerful if you think about it. sorry about the rambling.

BIGGER dutch hhugs back at you , Pete ( did I mention I am 50% dutch and alot of everything else )

While trying to be inderstanding I think I have argued against your point. I hope we can still be friends ?
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member

kathi I am guilty of this but it felt ok at the time !!!!
    I did put in a little query in my post if it was ok to bring up sundances amazing marriage post. I described it as lost treasure. Of course he is still and I don't know if all the replies are current or deceased.

Obviously I simply wanted to make sure such a wonderful post got a second wind. What the point of all the treasure in the basement if we don't read and learn and enjoy it.

I understand how and why you feel hurt and I thought I'd explain why i reposted sundances old post.

Not sure what the standard is, but I for one appreciate all the time and effort we take to answer posts, some people make amazing contributions that I admire.

I hate the fact that wonderful rich, valuable posts are lost. Its a such a waste.

Strangely I sincerely believe that I read deceased peoples posts with a strange reverance and it reminds me of how precious and fragile our lives are in particular.

Finally the deceased could be in heaven, hell or nowhere. They maybe looking down, looking up and not looking, but I also sincerely believe they would be enormously gratified that the contribution they made to this board lived on in their posts and replies. Even if they
    made a joke, its reposted, gets heaps of new laughs.

Laughter from the hereafter, now thats powerful if you think about it. sorry about the rambling.

BIGGER dutch hhugs back at you , Pete ( did I mention I am 50% dutch and alot of everything else )

While trying to be inderstanding I think I have argued against your point. I hope we can still be friends ?

No worries Kathi.
    Good to

No worries Kathi.

Good to get this out and think about our lost friends, but guess that what was you are trying to avoid. Really, no big deal, you don't even need to comment further, we can hold a discussion all on our own. lol
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    I understand
    Kathi,

I understand how you feel, and don't worry about it. Share your feelings and be proud. We love you!

When Donna's old post showed up, I admit that it did take my breath away, too. I literally stopped in my tracks and had to regroup. But then her lovely smile saved the day, as always. I love, love, love her profile pic, and it always makes me happy.

Yesterday I was going through my craft stuff. I always save Christmas cards and sometimes use them to make something new. I picked one out and checked it out. It was from Donna...I so gently put it back away, where it will stay intact, just as my love for her.

*hugs*
    Gail