Bad news

Comments

• SusanEliz
    SusanEliz Member Posts: 50
    Oh Gee,
    So very sorry to hear this! What a letdown. Please know our thoughts and prayers are with you both as you fight on. At least I can promise you're not alone in this- we are all behind you both.

Prayers and hugs,

Susan
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Oh no
    I am so very, very sorry to hear this. I am sitting here wondering what the hell the world is coming to. Damn, that this was not fatty liver. Oh, Moopy.

I have heard many good things about carboplatin and other platinum agents -- especially for triple negative. Moopy, I know you can achieve NED and be there for a while. I've seen it happen. I guess the only thing to do is to take it one step at a time. Both of you.

Lots and lots of love and hugs. Please, please let us know what we can do. Your sisters here want to support you in any way we can. We love you both.

Mimi
  • Jennifer1961
    Jennifer1961 Member Posts: 137
    So, so sorry to hear this.
    So, so sorry to hear this. I think we were all expecting good news. You know we are all here for you. Hang in there.
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    I'm so sorry
    I'm so sorry to hear her dx. Thoughts and prayers are with you both.

marge
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Don't know what to say
    I'm shocked and sad to hear this. I know we were all hoping for a reason to celebrate, not a reason to worry.

I know that Moopy, with the amazing support of Aortus and the rest of this board, has what it takes to kick cancer's butt, but I'm beyond frustrated that she has to go through this again.

We'll all be here for both of you, as I'm sure you already know.

Big Cyber Hugs,
    Cindy
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Where is the word to give
    Where is the word to give you love, encouragement and express fear and discouragement at the same minute??? I don't think that such a word exists, and yet, it is obvious that this is what we are all feeling at this moment in time.

Although I am not triple negative, you 2 know that I had my gallbladder out in May, 4 days before before Mother's Day, and I did the Revlon 5K that same Saturday. You also know that it turned out it wasn't gallbladder at all, but liver mets, coupled with mets to lining of the lung and bones! I was thinking just last night ( contemplating the new year and all) that I have had liver mets for at least 10 months now. And you know that it has not stopped me, nor my activity level, nor my zest for life. Not to say that the "what if's" don't pull me by the short hairs, not to say I haven't cried, not to say anything at all...except, Step On The Rollercoaster Again. You know which one; the rollercoaster with no seatbelt, an oil-spill on the tracks and it's starting to not just rain, but sleet! You hold on to each other, you scream as you go around the loops and horrendous curves,and OMG, just when you thought it wasn't possible, the ride comes to a stop. You are both battered and bruised,hating the damned carnival, but because you were together, you got off of the ride!
    It should go without saying that I look ahead to seeing you both step off that coaster...

Hugs and love in abundance,
    Chen♥
  • pipwe1
    pipwe1 Member Posts: 53
    NOOOOOOO...... This is so
    NOOOOOOO...... This is so not right..... but you will beat this.... love you guys... Wendy
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Can I say that I just about
    Can I say that I just about fell out of my chair.... Joe..Lisa.. I am soooo sorry to hear this...where have I been??? I can't answer that... but here is what I do know.. you are in my thoughts and prayers, daily. Please know that I am right up hwy 71 and if there is anything that you need, I don't care what it is, please let me know... I will be here! We know what a strong woman you are Lisa.. you can beat this!!!!

Hugs,
    ~T
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    taleena said:

Can I say that I just about
    Can I say that I just about fell out of my chair.... Joe..Lisa.. I am soooo sorry to hear this...where have I been??? I can't answer that... but here is what I do know.. you are in my thoughts and prayers, daily. Please know that I am right up hwy 71 and if there is anything that you need, I don't care what it is, please let me know... I will be here! We know what a strong woman you are Lisa.. you can beat this!!!!

Hugs,
    ~T

Not what I wanted to hear...
    I was feeling so positive and now this! I don't even know what to say except that I'm praying chemo will help and you will beat the beast again.

God's blessings to you both,

Patti
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Oh.........
    I am so, so sorry about this. I was truly hoping for good news, as we all were. My heart is breaking for you both, that you have to go through this awful stress, I will, of course, be praying for you and sending strength to you. Hang onto each other and hang onto all of us here. God bless you both.

CR
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    pattimc said:

I was feeling so positive and now this! I don't even know what to say except that I'm praying chemo will help and you will beat the beast again.

Patti

well I have to say that I am
    well I have to say that I am glad the doctors did not let it go and stop at the CT. However I am really upset at the result. I know that once you get over this shock you will gear up to fight again, and resilience is one of your best qualities. We will fight with you.Love and hugs Penny
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    pattimc said:

Patti

I
    don't even know what to write to you Joe and Lisa. Our Christmas Girl, Susan, posted on Facebook about this devastating news that you received. Susan wished for a magic wand, and, I didn't know why. Now I do...... I wish she had that magic wand! I wish all of us sisters in pink had one to wave it over you Lisa and to rid you of the beast.

I have fought breast cancer twice, and, I know that the news of having cancer again knocks you to the floor. But, I just know Lisa, that with your dear Joe and all of your family, friends and your sisters here, that you will once again be victorious in this fight.

You are an amazing, loving and courageous woman. One that I have always admired and loved. You supported me so much in my second battle with cancer, and, for that I will always be so grateful!

So, please allow me to return that gift, the gift of love, encouragement and support. I will do anything, and, I mean anything to help you!

My heart broke upon reading this news about you, and, the tears just won't stop. But, I know you will beat this. I know how strong you are and how determined all of us are to help you.

Take my hand Lisa and feel the love that I am giving you...accept my prayers Lisa and believe in the strength in them.

God bless you my sweet friend,

♥ Jeanne
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    pattimc said:

Patti

One word
    The only word that came to mind immediately was "damn". This news is so crippling, and from former posts it seemed that the docs were encouraged. I know this is devastating, but like Chen says, there are plenty who have come through this, and get off the roller coaster, bruised and battered, but through. My thoughts and prayers are with you two, and know that you are in my every thought. This is getting to be so common, and it's time to stop this recurrence things. Keep us up to date, as everyong is going to be anxious to see how Moopy handles the chemo. I will try to clean up my language, but this cancer thing is the only thing that iw offensive right now. Hugs, Judy
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    [[[[[hugs]]]]]]
    Once again, I'm at a loss for words. Others have been much more eloquent than I but know that you are in my prayers.

I've never met you but I feel like I know you. My hearts hurts for you but I know you are both fighters. We are here, please let us help you in any way we can. We'll listen, we'll pray, we'll do what you can. You're not alone in this.

We love you.

Know I'm praying for you both.

Much Love! xo
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Sorry to hear
    that Joe-seems so unfair.I HATE hearing that!
    Will be praying for you both.I love you guys!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    pattimc said:

Patti

My heart hurts for the two of you, Joe. Moopy is a
    strong and fiece WARRIOR -. I hate CANCER, and its destructive path. Only our Lord knows what we or our body can handle. Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way.

I wish I had some wonderful positive uplifting story to present at this point in my email, but I don't. I am numb and shocked.

Tears are flowing down my cheeks as I can not comprehend - this new World -- I life in = a world where so many of us have fought the beast, beaten it - live a little == only to be told we have yet another another challenge, another battle to fight.

My love and support for you both. Keep each other safe, sane and strong -.

Cyber Hugs ...

Vicki Sam
  • pipwe1
    pipwe1 Member Posts: 53
    Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand.
    Lets us all link hands and go forth together...
    This can be beaten and WILL be beaten....
    Lisa & Joe....
    we are with you always

Wendy
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Sorry to hear

:(
    I am so sorry Moopy, so sorry. Others like Jeanne D, Re and Carkris have won the war against the beast a second and even third time, and, I am positive that you will too!

We are all surrounding you with love, strength, encouragement and all of the prayers possible.

Sue :)
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950

Sorry to hear

Oh Moopster...I am so sorry
    Oh Moopster...I am so sorry that you have to deal with this.Be strong my friend.
    Dee
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    pipwe1 said:

Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand.
    Lets us all link hands and go forth together...
    This can be beaten and WILL be beaten....
    Lisa & Joe....
    we are with you always

Wendy

My heart sank when I opened
    My heart sank when I opened Facebook and saw posts about this. I was praying this morning specifically for the test results, and that it would be something that would be easily treated. We'll surround you and pray that God will lift you when you can't do it on your own. And, as someone else said, we'll kick cancer's butt.

Joyce