Bad news

Aortus
Aortus Member Posts: 967
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Moopy was dxed with liver mets this morning. Chemo starts this afternoon - carboplatin and gemzar most likely. Hanging in the best we can.

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    This sucks!! I'm so sorry
    This sucks!! I'm so sorry to read this. I'm praying for positive results from the chemo. Please give my best to Moopy and let her know that we are all praying for her and you, too. Sending great big (((hugs))) your way!!
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    So sorry
    So sorry to hear this. Prayers for you both and for good results from chemo. God Bless
    (((Hugs)))Janice
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    Prayers and hugs being sent
    Prayers and hugs being sent your way! So sorry to hear this news. You will remain in my prayers as you continue the journey..........Hugs
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    So sorry
    I am so sorry for the bad news. I know we were all hoping and praying for better news ... but Moopy is a fighter and we're all there with her ... as always. Please ... give her big gentle hugs from her sisters here ... and keep us updated.

We're all praying for our Moopy.

love,
    Teena
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    I am so very sorry. Please
    I am so very sorry. Please know that you are both in my prayers and pm me anytime if there is anything that I can do.
  • BunnyJane
    BunnyJane Member Posts: 213

I am so very sorry. Please
    I am so very sorry. Please know that you are both in my prayers and pm me anytime if there is anything that I can do.

So sorry.
    Sending prayers and hugs to both of you.
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    My heart goes out to both of you . . .
    I'll add you both to my prayers. I wish I lived closer to you so I could help . . .

Know that many, many people love you both dearly.

Sandy
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    BunnyJane said:

So sorry.

Sorry, too
    I shall carry you both in my thoughts and prayers.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    NO NO NO NO NO!
    That just can't be! I am so sorry for you both. I hope Moopy is doing okay. I know she will beat down that beast again. We are all praying for her and we will be with her when she starts chemo this afternoon. Thanks for keeping us informed.

HUGS!!!
    Jamie
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    BunnyJane said:

So sorry.

Not the news we expected to hear
    From everything the doctors had been saying so far (and your comment about the one doctor waving Moopy's liver samples around like they were foie gras or something), this is SO not the news we (or you) were expecting. Know that we're all right here with you both, through whatever treatment is needed to kick cancer to the curb yet again.

Traci
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I'm sorry just doesn't fully
    I'm sorry just doesn't fully convey everything I'm feeling for the two of you. I'm sure you realize we're all fighting with you and praying for you.

Hugs,

Linda
  • sparkle1
    sparkle1 Member Posts: 242
    Sending prayers and hugs to
    Sending prayers and hugs to both of you. Keep fighting!!
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Just...
    Sending prayers,hugs and good thoughts....once again, try to take one day at a time, or take it minute by minute....
    Peace be with you
    Nancy
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    And the waiving of the liver slices
    had given me so MUCH Hope!!! I am so very sorry to hear this news.

Please embrace Moopy and try to hold her spirits high, for me.

I love you Moopy, and this news breaks my heart. Every time I read
    these kind of news, I feel helpless and angry but I know cancer has
    never faced more spirited warriors than the ladies on this board.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • Cindy Bear
    Cindy Bear Member Posts: 569
    sorry
    I am so sorry to hear this. Hang tough. I can tell Moopy is a fighter and that together you are quite a team. We will all be praying and rooting for her. It is surprsing because it seems like the surgeon that did the biopsy made light of things.. and it sounded like the doctors up till now, really didn't think this was mets... Hope this new treatment kicks it's butt!
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415

sorry
    I am so sorry to hear this. Hang tough. I can tell Moopy is a fighter and that together you are quite a team. We will all be praying and rooting for her. It is surprsing because it seems like the surgeon that did the biopsy made light of things.. and it sounded like the doctors up till now, really didn't think this was mets... Hope this new treatment kicks it's butt!

Sorry!
    Just checked in by chance and this was not what I wanted to hear. We know you are both strong and will fight this all the way. Thinking of you...take care. With love!!!
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    I am so sorry to hear the
    I am so sorry to hear the news. My heart is heavy with sadness. This is not what you wanted to hear. Please now that we are with you in spirit, pressing you on, and lifting you up in prayer. God bless.
    BL
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440

I am so sorry to hear the
    I am so sorry to hear the news. My heart is heavy with sadness. This is not what you wanted to hear. Please now that we are with you in spirit, pressing you on, and lifting you up in prayer. God bless.
    BL

Oh So Sorry
    So sorry to hear your news! Prayers and positive thoughts are coming your way
    God Bless You Both...Karie
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    The platins cause a funny taste...
    Sort of metalic. Have her drink flavored water, if necessary, to keep her hydrated, and the stuff going out of her system.

I'm sending up prayers, dearheart! And BIG dutch hugs for you both!!!

Dutch hugs, Kathi
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Am utterly heartbroken...
    ...and overwhelmed by shock & disbelief. Was feeling positively confident this would not be so...

Sending cyberhugs of comfort to both of you. With prayers. Will be here for you, with you, every step of the way.

Love, lots, Susan xo xo