Not really bc related but I made a decision to rejoin Weight Watchers

2»

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    cahjah75 said:

I've been
    having water retention issues this week so didn't go to weigh in. I lost 2.8 lbs last week and have had a hard time staying focused. My pcp gave me a diuretic so hope to get back on track. I do like the new program because it finally takes carbs into account. I am definitely a carboholic! I would like to lose 70 lbs eventually but I'm setting 5 lb goals at a time.
    Char

very little to no excercise >O LOL .. psss don't tell my WW lecturer. Now comes the actual hard part .. which is following program and getting some walking in.

Char .. 5 lbs is a real goal .. Myself, I found it easier to commit and focus on smaller goals ..and push that 'big' weight # out of my sight .. breaking them down to 5#'s.

I've been fighting a head cold for 1 week now .. so my exercise has been limited to going up and down the stairs here at home .. but I make every week's meeting whether I think I've done well or not.

Good luck to all ... happy that I have 49 extra bonus points per week .. to enjoy!

down 10 pounds and counting,

Vicki Sam
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    VickiSam said:

very little to no excercise >O LOL .. psss don't tell my WW lecturer. Now comes the actual hard part .. which is following program and getting some walking in.

Char .. 5 lbs is a real goal .. Myself, I found it easier to commit and focus on smaller goals ..and push that 'big' weight # out of my sight .. breaking them down to 5#'s.

I've been fighting a head cold for 1 week now .. so my exercise has been limited to going up and down the stairs here at home .. but I make every week's meeting whether I think I've done well or not.

Good luck to all ... happy that I have 49 extra bonus points per week .. to enjoy!

down 10 pounds and counting,

Vicki Sam

YEAH CHAR AND VICKI
    Hey any weight loss is a good weight loss weather it be .8 lbs (which has been me at times) or 3 lbs. I am hoping when I weigh in on Monday that I will have lost a lb or at least close to a lb. we shall see. Keep it up you guys even if it takes a year to get where you want to be it will be worth it!

Oh yeah if you belong to the weight watchers site you can find me there I am under the name rewalls16 I'd love to be your friend there, we can encourage each other.

RE
  • SusanEliz
    SusanEliz Member Posts: 50
    RE said:

YEAH CHAR AND VICKI
    Hey any weight loss is a good weight loss weather it be .8 lbs (which has been me at times) or 3 lbs. I am hoping when I weigh in on Monday that I will have lost a lb or at least close to a lb. we shall see. Keep it up you guys even if it takes a year to get where you want to be it will be worth it!

Oh yeah if you belong to the weight watchers site you can find me there I am under the name rewalls16 I'd love to be your friend there, we can encourage each other.

RE

Great Job!
    Did I see above that you already lost 17 pounds? Thats wonderful. I've done weight watchers in the past and had success, but I stopped when the stress of all of the medical test started (although I was already getting a bit lazy right before then). BC in Sept. gave me a good excuse to drop it for a few months, because I reasoned- hey, I have breast cancer- I should at least be able to eat what I want. But why do I always want ice cream?lol

To make matters worse (for my pride), my husband joined with me last year, lost 45 pounds and has kept it off for a year! So he agreed to go back with me (as a lifer who still weighs in he goes for free) starting next week. I know it works, I was a lifer 3 years ago >sigh<, but now I'll have to get motivated again! Hope I can handle the new points system, I was comfortable with the old ones!

Thanks for posting 'cause I know I needed the push and seeing your posts helped :)

Susan
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    SusanEliz said:

Great Job!
    Did I see above that you already lost 17 pounds? Thats wonderful. I've done weight watchers in the past and had success, but I stopped when the stress of all of the medical test started (although I was already getting a bit lazy right before then). BC in Sept. gave me a good excuse to drop it for a few months, because I reasoned- hey, I have breast cancer- I should at least be able to eat what I want. But why do I always want ice cream?lol

To make matters worse (for my pride), my husband joined with me last year, lost 45 pounds and has kept it off for a year! So he agreed to go back with me (as a lifer who still weighs in he goes for free) starting next week. I know it works, I was a lifer 3 years ago >sigh<, but now I'll have to get motivated again! Hope I can handle the new points system, I was comfortable with the old ones!

Thanks for posting 'cause I know I needed the push and seeing your posts helped :)

Susan</p>

weight watchers has a open forum site ????
    I'm always late in tech information .. I check out the site thru weight watchers .. hoping to find you, RE. I'll let you know my breaker-breaker screen name. Maybe something clever like .. chunky monkey? LOL

Vicki Sam
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    RE said:

YEAH CHAR AND VICKI

RE

you've done great so far losing 17+ lbs! So far I like the new program because I think it's important to count the carbs! Here's to all of us who want to shed a few pounds!
    Char
  • RE
    cahjah75 said:

you've done great so far losing 17+ lbs! So far I like the new program because I think it's important to count the carbs! Here's to all of us who want to shed a few pounds!
    Char

Thank you!
    Thanks Char, I weighed in today and I lost 2.8 more pounds giving me a grand total loss of 20 lbs. TO be honest I am pretty stoked! I agree I like the new points program and find it quite doable.

Good luck to all who join the WW program in their effort to obtain a healthier you!

Hugs,

RE
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    RE said:

Thank you!
    Thanks Char, I weighed in today and I lost 2.8 more pounds giving me a grand total loss of 20 lbs. TO be honest I am pretty stoked! I agree I like the new points program and find it quite doable.

Good luck to all who join the WW program in their effort to obtain a healthier you!

Hugs,

RE

Re 20 lbs wow! I'm so impressed that so many of you are motivated. I also am a lifetimer but havent done WW since 2006. My onc wants me to loose weight. I know WW works but I guess I need to get motivated once again. I've been trying to do better with my eating but havent lost a pound. Please send me some WW vibes-- I need to do something.
  • warrrior3
    warrrior3 Member Posts: 92
    Great decision to join WW!
    I too have been a WW member on and off for 15+ years. In August 2008 I became a Lifetime member and have maintained my goal weight since then. What helped me stay focus was my belief that the ONLY thing we have control of is what we eat. When my father was dx'd with a terminal illness and there was so much family dysfunction I felt better knowing I had control of something-what I ate. Now being a BC survivor I am glad I eat a healthy diet and am at an ideal weight.
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691 Member
    You gals are such as source

You gals are such as source of inspiration and loosing weight despite disabilities, that is amazing.

I got a bee in my bonnet last September, less than a month after I finished chemo. I put on an enormous amount of weight (24lbs) on top of the extra 15 I was carrying. I did not overeat during chemo AND I exercised daily soemtimes twice a day. So it was a little depressing but I logged onto 'www.mydailyplate.com' and started counting calories and have lost 23lbs since the 9/20. Over the Holidays I decided not to try and loose weight but rather just maintain my current weight so I was able to have that heavy calorie loaded English Christmas cake and pudding with cream that I looove. I still excercised, had a good time and didn't gain anything.

However following the discussion about WW has got me thinking that I should check it out. Thanks!!
  • RE

You gals are such as source

You gals are such as source of inspiration and loosing weight despite disabilities, that is amazing.

I got a bee in my bonnet last September, less than a month after I finished chemo. I put on an enormous amount of weight (24lbs) on top of the extra 15 I was carrying. I did not overeat during chemo AND I exercised daily soemtimes twice a day. So it was a little depressing but I logged onto 'www.mydailyplate.com' and started counting calories and have lost 23lbs since the 9/20. Over the Holidays I decided not to try and loose weight but rather just maintain my current weight so I was able to have that heavy calorie loaded English Christmas cake and pudding with cream that I looove. I still excercised, had a good time and didn't gain anything.

However following the discussion about WW has got me thinking that I should check it out. Thanks!!

FANTASTIC!
    Mariam that is fantastic, 23 lbs good for you! I gained 72 lbs during my first two cancer battles, two years of steroids and too sick to move will do that for you. I like WW because it is more of a educational program, they teach you good stuff to eat and how to better prepare you regular recipes. I wish you continued success on your journey to a healthier you!

Hugs,

RE
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    RE said:

FANTASTIC!
    Mariam that is fantastic, 23 lbs good for you! I gained 72 lbs during my first two cancer battles, two years of steroids and too sick to move will do that for you. I like WW because it is more of a educational program, they teach you good stuff to eat and how to better prepare you regular recipes. I wish you continued success on your journey to a healthier you!

Hugs,

RE

GOOG for you!!!! as I sit
    GOOG for you!!!! as I sit here eating girl scout cookies!!!!!!!!11 yummm

LOL