Post from LoveandHope

2»

Comments

• loveandhope
    loveandhope Member Posts: 52
    pepebcn said:

Stage 4 on may 09 !
    Surgery on January 2010 everything ok until August when reoccurrence on lymph nodes , Chemo Irinotecan +5fu+Avastin make disappear everything ,but we have continued with Radiotherapy until last week ,now waiting for Scan and Pet mid January to see the result and then Surgery on early February!.
    Hugs!

I wish you all the best. ill
    I wish you all the best. ill be praying for u x
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

I wish you all the best. ill
    I wish you all the best. ill be praying for u x

Thank you my dear neighbour!LOL.
    Hugs!
  • loveandhope
    pepebcn said:

Thank you my dear neighbour!LOL.
    Hugs!

love and hope
    jejejeje.....
    Wish u all strength, faith and hope for 2011! xxx
  • pepebcn

love and hope
    jejejeje.....
    Wish u all strength, faith and hope for 2011! xxx

Gabrielle , any news about your father tests ? Do you know when
    is he going to Madrid? .
    Hugs!
  • loveandhope
    pepebcn said:

Gabrielle , any news about your father tests ? Do you know when
    is he going to Madrid? .
    Hugs!

love and hope
    hey

well he has had all the results of the ct scan and bloods and were waiting for biopsy from colonoscopy which we expect on wednesday. all results up to now show primary in colon with small mets in lung and large mets in liver (which is the worst) i know it doesnt sound very good. drs have already told him that they want to give him chemo as soon as possible and only need te biopsy results to confirm treatment. they want to try and shrink all tumors especially one in liver and feels that because he is symptom free at the moment and is a strong man, that he will be able to tolerate it. we still dont know which hospital though. he'll be bringing back his results which we then have to take to our local hospital so he can be referred to any of the hospitals the doctor in pamplona has recommended. it might be that he is able to receive treatment in algeciras which is just like 20 to 30 minutes away from gibraltar. we will definately take the advice from the experts in pamplona. apart from that pepe, its just hope and pray that he is one of the lucky ones. xxx
  • pepebcn

love and hope
    hey

well he has had all the results of the ct scan and bloods and were waiting for biopsy from colonoscopy which we expect on wednesday. all results up to now show primary in colon with small mets in lung and large mets in liver (which is the worst) i know it doesnt sound very good. drs have already told him that they want to give him chemo as soon as possible and only need te biopsy results to confirm treatment. they want to try and shrink all tumors especially one in liver and feels that because he is symptom free at the moment and is a strong man, that he will be able to tolerate it. we still dont know which hospital though. he'll be bringing back his results which we then have to take to our local hospital so he can be referred to any of the hospitals the doctor in pamplona has recommended. it might be that he is able to receive treatment in algeciras which is just like 20 to 30 minutes away from gibraltar. we will definately take the advice from the experts in pamplona. apart from that pepe, its just hope and pray that he is one of the lucky ones. xxx

there are many as you say ...lucky ones here
    but not only a question of been lucky but also the response to treatments , the doctors, and over all the attitude and a little hand from God!
    Please don't hesitate to open any new thread about any fear , Doubt or sorrows you may have along your dad's journey, people here are really helpful and their experience and suggestions are a big help for all of us !
    Have a big hug Gabrielle!.I pray for a successful journey with your father!.
  • loveandhope
    pepebcn said:

there are many as you say ...lucky ones here
    but not only a question of been lucky but also the response to treatments , the doctors, and over all the attitude and a little hand from God!
    Please don't hesitate to open any new thread about any fear , Doubt or sorrows you may have along your dad's journey, people here are really helpful and their experience and suggestions are a big help for all of us !
    Have a big hug Gabrielle!.I pray for a successful journey with your father!.

love and hope
    my dad has been told today that they want to give him a round of chemo every 21 days for 3 months and rview after that. how much is a round, one two injections,???? isnt that too little for an advanced stage shouldnt they be attacking it more aggresively?
  • pepebcn

love and hope
    my dad has been told today that they want to give him a round of chemo every 21 days for 3 months and rview after that. how much is a round, one two injections,???? isnt that too little for an advanced stage shouldnt they be attacking it more aggresively?

Gabrielle!
    Suggest you to open a new discussion topic! you will have much more answers as this is and old one!
    Hugs!
  • loveandhope
    pepebcn said:

Gabrielle!
    Suggest you to open a new discussion topic! you will have much more answers as this is and old one!
    Hugs!

love and hope
    thx pepe
    hey do u have an exact date in january for the scan
  • pepebcn

love and hope
    thx pepe
    hey do u have an exact date in january for the scan

I think is the 25 or so my wife takes care of dates!
    hahaha!
    Hugs!