Boyfriend just dumped me... it hurts worse than the cancer worry

KathyLQ
KathyLQ Member Posts: 100
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Yep, he just told me yesterday I am to move out today. 1 day notice.

This is the same guy who asked me to marry him.. until I had the mastectomy and then he got distant.

Life Sucks. Life Sucks. Life Sucks.

I've been crying and praying all night. It hurts. Worse day of my life.

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    I am so sorry that you are
    I am so sorry that you are going through this. Life can suck. But he definitely doesn't deserve you. A real man would not begin to behave the way that he has to you. Please know that I am here for you and you may pm me if you need me.
  • Jean T. Szabo
    Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193
    Life Sucks
    Yes, at times life sucks. Sending prayers to you for strength and courage to move on. Much better for you to find out now what kind of man he is than after marriage. This group is here for you to vent, heal, anytime.
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    I know this is easy to say
    But as a guy, I know this for a fact: the world is full of guys, but you have only one life. First things first. Grab your life back from the beast, and you'll find yourself an upgrade: the world is full of guys, and not all of us are turds like your ex. As much as it hurts now, you dodged a bullet!

Joe
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Aortus said:

I know this is easy to say
    But as a guy, I know this for a fact: the world is full of guys, but you have only one life. First things first. Grab your life back from the beast, and you'll find yourself an upgrade: the world is full of guys, and not all of us are turds like your ex. As much as it hurts now, you dodged a bullet!

Joe

Love isn't conditional.
    I think Joe has given you some good advise, but you still need to go through the grieving process. BC has shown all of us which people are there for us through the good and the bad. In the long run, that's a gift. In the short run it really sucks. Do something loving for yourself today even if it is as simple as a hot bath or watching a good movie.

Hugs.

Roseann
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    roseann4 said:

Love isn't conditional.
    I think Joe has given you some good advise, but you still need to go through the grieving process. BC has shown all of us which people are there for us through the good and the bad. In the long run, that's a gift. In the short run it really sucks. Do something loving for yourself today even if it is as simple as a hot bath or watching a good movie.

Hugs.

Roseann

I know you are deeply hurt
    I know you are deeply hurt and dissapointed. sometimes in the bad times people show their true colors. It doesnt seem fair, you have to have cancer and the loss of an important relationship. Joe is right, stay the course, fight the beast and dont waste your time on the turd. I do what roseanne has said, I try to live in the moment and do things that make me happy. today is all we have, dont waste it on an idiot who doesnt deserve you. Mnay Hugs it sucks ! Better days are coming!
  • KathyLQ
    KathyLQ Member Posts: 100
    Thank you
    Thank you all for caring.
    I'm in the later days of expansion, so my breast muscle hurts and I can't lift hardly anything with that arm.
    My wonderful daughter and her friend are driving 4 hours today to help me lift all the boxes out and we're going to her house. Family is where love is.

Slept about 2 hours last night. I need a punching bag. But I've told them to Kill Him with Kindness today.
  • jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    Kathy
    I can only imagine how much it hurts and believe me, if thoughts could somehow translate into reality he would be black and blue from all the kicks, slaps, and punches we would all be wishing on him. I'm glad you have your daughter to help you through this. He obviously couldn't have said the marriage vows because he has already failed the "in sickness" part. Please concentrate on getting well and feel good about yourself. Just like the rest of us, you didn't ask for cancer but nonetheless you are dealing with it and you are now a PINK WARRIOR. You have friends here!

HUGS!!!
    Jamie
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    KathyLQ said:

Thank you
    Thank you all for caring.
    I'm in the later days of expansion, so my breast muscle hurts and I can't lift hardly anything with that arm.
    My wonderful daughter and her friend are driving 4 hours today to help me lift all the boxes out and we're going to her house. Family is where love is.

Slept about 2 hours last night. I need a punching bag. But I've told them to Kill Him with Kindness today.

Kathy , I'm so sorry you're
    Kathy , I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. I can't believe how callous and selfish people can be sometimes. But when you finish your reconstruction and you're feeling good again, remember Joe's advice. There are many loving , kind men out there.
    Dee
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    carkris said:

I know you are deeply hurt
    I know you are deeply hurt and dissapointed. sometimes in the bad times people show their true colors. It doesnt seem fair, you have to have cancer and the loss of an important relationship. Joe is right, stay the course, fight the beast and dont waste your time on the turd. I do what roseanne has said, I try to live in the moment and do things that make me happy. today is all we have, dont waste it on an idiot who doesnt deserve you. Mnay Hugs it sucks ! Better days are coming!

Roseann and Penny are absolutely right
    By all means, do something nice for yourself TODAY. My beloved Moopy has been through all of this once, and we're waiting for a test next week to determine whether the damn thing has come back. It ain't much fun. But with prayer, and strength, and the loving support of our CSN family, we are hanging in there.

The Moopster and her big sister are having a chick flick marathon today, while I'm treating myself to shrimp and football. The pups will have treats and a nice long walk. We can't control what's going on next week, but we're doing our best to enjoy today.

Good luck and God Bless!
    Joe
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    I am sorry you are going
    I am sorry you are going through all this at this time of your life. As much as it hurts now, count your lucky stars you found out he was not worthy of YOU as apposed to finding out after wearing his ring.

Focus on your recovery, stay strong, another man who is worthy of your affections will come your way. God bless.
    BL
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    jamiegww said:

Kathy
    I can only imagine how much it hurts and believe me, if thoughts could somehow translate into reality he would be black and blue from all the kicks, slaps, and punches we would all be wishing on him. I'm glad you have your daughter to help you through this. He obviously couldn't have said the marriage vows because he has already failed the "in sickness" part. Please concentrate on getting well and feel good about yourself. Just like the rest of us, you didn't ask for cancer but nonetheless you are dealing with it and you are now a PINK WARRIOR. You have friends here!

HUGS!!!
    Jamie

What a Loser
    Gee, that stinks, sorry Kathy, I'm with Jamie, its a Good thing our thoughts can't be translated into reality.
    We are all here for you.
    Keep stong, and better to lose him now than waist your time and find out down the road what a loser he is.
    Hugs Karie
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    so sorry....you have to go
    so sorry....you have to go through this...you deserve so much better...the pain is bad..but you will get through this....i'll be thinking of you
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Aortus said:

Roseann and Penny are absolutely right
    By all means, do something nice for yourself TODAY. My beloved Moopy has been through all of this once, and we're waiting for a test next week to determine whether the damn thing has come back. It ain't much fun. But with prayer, and strength, and the loving support of our CSN family, we are hanging in there.

The Moopster and her big sister are having a chick flick marathon today, while I'm treating myself to shrimp and football. The pups will have treats and a nice long walk. We can't control what's going on next week, but we're doing our best to enjoy today.

Good luck and God Bless!
    Joe

He is not worth the tears
    He is not worth the tears but they will flow anyway for what could have been and your image of him. It will fade. I think the one day thing is appalling and karma will get him in the end. Life has a way. Joe is right. Do something nice right now for yourself. And I say move stuff out late tonight with as many people as you can get to help and as much noise and mess as you can generate. Seriously, you owe him nothing, absolutely nothing. Down the road you will realize how lucky you are to have dodged the bullet by marrying this guy. But it doesn't help right now. Just try to take this a day at a day and focus on you and your health and your needs. Prayers for you.

And Joe, I am happy to hear that you and your gal are doing stuff to ease your minds right now. The only thing that would make it perfect is a nice piece of jewelry for Moopy. No, she didn't put me up to this. But flowers, candy, ice cream, cake, and bling can help any situation. Okay, I will butt out and not try to cost you some cash but think about it.

Stef
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Oh Kathy, Im so sorry, that
    Oh Kathy, Im so sorry, that B*!&, son of *&(!. Thats ok, what goes around, comes around, Karma is a B...., and he will get his!!! Silver lining: Starting a new Year with family and ppl who really love u. It wont be easy, but we are here for you. Love, strenght and prayers on your way. SISTERS IN PINK- Have POWER, STRENGHT AND LOVE
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    I am so sorry, but like the
    I am so sorry, but like the others have said he isn't worth your tears. And remember this, what goes around comes around, would you have left him if he had testicular cancer?
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Good riddance to bad blood.
    Good riddance to bad blood. As one of the gals said, he obviously cannot keep those marriage vows, "in sickness and in health". Iknow it hurts and I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with him and cancer. Life does suck sometimes, but life doesn't always suck and there will be better days, they are just not here today. Take care of yourself, You are the #1 concern, and thank God his true colors came out now so that you do not have to deal with anymore of his ugliness. This could be your blessing in disguise. Enjoy your daughter and all those who really love you. Hugs to you.
  • austinsmom
    austinsmom Member Posts: 22
    I am so sorry for your loss,
    I am so sorry for your loss, rotten or not. I know how you feel and the same thing happened to me after my mastectomy. It has been a couple years and it was worse than the cancer diagnosis. I completely stayed away from him, no calls nothing. Then this past November he contacted me and I seen him. I can tell you, I am so over him. I am grateful that he is long gone. You lose so much with cancer and I would have had problems in the sexual department anyway. Positive life radio also helped me feel better about myself. I wish you all the best, you can contact me at jjmax40@hotmail.com.

Hugs Koda
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    I am sorry
    that the man you thought was the love of your life turned out to be such a jerk. Better you found out now than later. This just means that "Mr. Right" is still out there. We are here for you so come and vent any time you need too.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    ladyg said:

I am sorry
    that the man you thought was the love of your life turned out to be such a jerk. Better you found out now than later. This just means that "Mr. Right" is still out there. We are here for you so come and vent any time you need too.

Hugs,
    Georgia

I'm sorry Kat
    This guy clearly wasn't your equal. He realized he was to weak to handle what you are going thru, and cut out. Sometimes God has to move the people who aren't good for us out of our lives to make room for the ones He's sending to us as a blessing. I believe that is what happened to you. I promise you, you will find love again. Take care, and be kind to yourself.

Jennifer
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Turn the page....
    I am so sorry to hear that this turned out to be the start of your New Year. There isn't really anything I can add that hasn't already been said. Just know that you are stronger than you think, and everyone is here to walk you through another difficult time in your life. Try to stay strong and I agree with your thinking when you said 'kill him with kindness'. Vengence is not ours....and you are better then that!
    Hugs & hope
    Pammy