found a lump a few days ago.I am scared out of my mind.

13»

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Sunrae said:

Pat, Wishing you well and
    Pat, Wishing you well and hope your tests have a good result. Keeping you in my prayers.

Pat .. You did the right thing .. You took control of
    your health and well being.. Damn doctors! Keeping you in good thoughts and prayers ..

Please post when possible and let us know the results :-))))

Strength and Courage

Vicki Sam
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi Pat
    Thinking of you and wishing for good news! Stay strong girl. I also feel lumps under my scar, I'm sure it's just scar tissue as the doc says.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    KathyLQ said:

Pat, hang in there until you get the results
    Pat,
    You don’t say what treatments you had, but because you have a breast, I’m assuming you had both a lumpectomy and radiation. I don’t know what a breast feels like after radiation because I went the mastectomy route. I will say, that after my initial lumpectomy, I got another equal size hard lump near the same site within just a couple of weeks, and of course asked the doctor. She didn’t think it was a problem, but ordered an ultrasound and also used a needle to remove some of the bodies fluid. Turned out it was just both fluid and swelling.

Are you taking a aromatase inhibitor?

Praying for you Pat.

Praying for you Pat.
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    laurissa said:

Hi Pat
    Thinking of you and wishing for good news! Stay strong girl. I also feel lumps under my scar, I'm sure it's just scar tissue as the doc says.

Hang in there~
    I had found a lump last may, and it turned out to be a fatty cyst....pure butter, lard....scared me to pieces till we found out. That darn FAT!!!
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003

Hang in there~
    I had found a lump last may, and it turned out to be a fatty cyst....pure butter, lard....scared me to pieces till we found out. That darn FAT!!!

wow! I can't believe it has
    wow! I can't believe it has been a year since you finished your treatments. i remember your first joining. I am thinking positive thoughts for you, you will be ok
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Hi Pat, I'm sorry you have
    Hi Pat, I'm sorry you have to go through this worrying. But try and not worry to much until you get the test results back. It could just be scar tissue. Or some thing benign like a fatty tumor. I have a friend that has calcifications in her breast and they get sore some times but are benign. She has had them for years. you are certainly in my prayers as always. Take care Darlin and please keep us posted Kay,
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Hi Pat
    I too had a couple

Hi Pat
    I too had a couple lumps appear after i was done with chemo but thankfully they all turned out to be cyst and disapearred on their own...and like MamaG said...my doc said cancer doesnt hurt too...so you being sore, lets hope is a good thing! You were right in getting the tests thou...just because you never know with this sneaky disease or the doctors.
    Im sorry about your exhusband and you have my prayers!
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Hang in there. It could be a
    Hang in there. It could be a cyst. Sending loads of positive thoughts for you.
  • skipper85
    skipper85 Member Posts: 229
    Pat

I'm so sorry to hear about your ex. Hang in there girl. You may have nothing but a cyst. I've even had surgery for a lump that the doctors weren't sure about and the lump was benign. I remember I had to wait a week for the pathology report. My husband is battling head & neck cancer that has mets to lungs and Monday we find out if mets have gone elsewhere. So I know that waiting is the hard part. I'm glad you were proactive and told your doctor you wanted a mammo and I'm glad you're also getting the ultrasound.

I sympathize with your feelings about your children but you may not have to tell them anything if there's nothing wrong. Live for today Pat. Enjoy every moment and don't worry about tomorrow. You sound like a very strong lady who will deal with whatever comes your way. Your love for your children will get them through. Kids are pretty resilient. They'll be okay.

I will be praying for you and your family. I wish you the best.

(((HUGS)))

Skipper
  • cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    OH MY WORD!! you found a
    OH MY WORD!! you found a lump and already had breast cancer? i am so glad you pushed for a mammogra and ultrasound!!! if anything shows up more solid white on the ultrasound, hope you get a needle biopsy too.
    i saw a dr. for a sausage like lump oct. 20,2010. he said he wasnt worried, it didnt "feel" like a cancerous lump. well, here i am with breast cancer. turns out ductal lumps dont necessarily "feel" like the normal cancerous lumps.
    i have learned that some times drs' can take a laid back approach, its sad. i hope i am not scaring you,i wish you the best, but i am so glad you are pushing them to do what they should be doing!!!
    Personally, if i had breast cancer, and my dr. told me not to worry if i found a lump almost a year later, and didnt want a new mammogram, to wait over six months, id look for a new dr.
    you can always chat in the cancer survivor network chat room , too. i go there now and like it. i dont have much of a support system.
    there was a caregiver on the website whos mother refused to to tell the family anything about her cancer and forbid her drs. my boyfriend and i talked about it. he said he wants to know, so he can help me.
    i think its better to tell them but i dont know your family or you, i am learning this cancer thing is soooo individual.
    good luck to you and i wish you good news!!!
    please let us know how you are!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    meena1 said:

wow! I can't believe it has
    wow! I can't believe it has been a year since you finished your treatments. i remember your first joining. I am thinking positive thoughts for you, you will be ok

Thinking of you Pat and
    Thinking of you Pat and praying for you.

Hugs, Jan
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    linpsu said:

Hugs
    Sending you hugs and prayers, Pat, that everything will be just fine.
    Linda

Praying that everything will
    Praying that everything will be good news!