found a lump a few days ago.I am scared out of my mind.

Comments

• KathyLQ
    KathyLQ Member Posts: 100
    Pat, hang in there until you get the results
    Pat,
    You don’t say what treatments you had, but because you have a breast, I’m assuming you had both a lumpectomy and radiation. I don’t know what a breast feels like after radiation because I went the mastectomy route. I will say, that after my initial lumpectomy, I got another equal size hard lump near the same site within just a couple of weeks, and of course asked the doctor. She didn’t think it was a problem, but ordered an ultrasound and also used a needle to remove some of the bodies fluid. Turned out it was just both fluid and swelling.

Are you taking a aromatase inhibitor?
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    elm3544 said:

I understand how scared you
    I understand how scared you must be feeling. I will keep good thoughts for you.

Sending prayers and good
    Sending prayers and good luck!

Hugs, Debby
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    I can certainly understand
    I can certainly understand your anxiety as I experienced a scare awhile ago. Glad you demanded a mammogram and ultra sound. Now to take deep breaths and try and relax. What heartache you've had!! But it could easily be a fibroid or cyst and I think they're tender to the touch. I send you my prayers and positive thoughts and energy that it is not the beast. Many hugs to you..
    jan
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    It's good that you're
    It's good that you're getting the follow up mammo and ultrasound...kudos to you for pushing for it! But now you face the worst part, the danged waiting. I'm sending you strength to get through this.

Hugs,

Linda
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Pat... sending hugs and
    Pat... sending hugs and prayers to you. I am glad you are getting it checked out. Hang in there and try to reel in negative thoughts, easier said than done- I understand.
    BL
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988

Pat... sending hugs and
    Pat... sending hugs and prayers to you. I am glad you are getting it checked out. Hang in there and try to reel in negative thoughts, easier said than done- I understand.
    BL

Thinking of you
    Pat, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know when you get the results. In the meantime, know you are thought of often. Hugs, Judy
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member

Thinking of you
    Pat, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know when you get the results. In the meantime, know you are thought of often. Hugs, Judy

You did the right thing.
    I think you are right to ask for a mammo. However, try to keep perspective. My friend had bc 17 years ago. 2 year after her initial diagnosis she had a local recurrence. They took care of it and she is still cancer free. Try to relax and wait for the results. Easier said than done.

Roseann
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    roseann4 said:

You did the right thing.
    I think you are right to ask for a mammo. However, try to keep perspective. My friend had bc 17 years ago. 2 year after her initial diagnosis she had a local recurrence. They took care of it and she is still cancer free. Try to relax and wait for the results. Easier said than done.

Roseann

I think you did all the
    I think you did all the right things. I understand how scared you must be. Keeping you in my prayers. Hugs
    Kathy
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Kat11 said:

I think you did all the
    I think you did all the right things. I understand how scared you must be. Keeping you in my prayers. Hugs
    Kathy

Hang in there. So glad you
    Hang in there. So glad you insisted on having the mammo.
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Dear Pat,
    You are in my thoughts and prayer. I'm squeezing your hand right now.

Sue
  • This is my 3rd attempt to respond to your posting
    Dear Pat,

Early afternoon I posted twice but it never appeared. Here I go again.

I am so happy to learn of your strong insistence on a mamo. I am also happy that the doctor has scheduled an ultra sound.

As a mother, I also am aware of how we protect our children, As a woman who had breast cancer, I am more concerned about your mental health regarding this lump. Good news to my ears is that you told your best friend. To give your thoughts a rest, can you do something "fun" with your friend in these next few days.

When I have a lot of stress, going to the movies relaxes me both physically and mentally. What works for you?

I will keep you in my prayers.

Lots of Hugs and Lots of Love,
    Janelle
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

This is my 3rd attempt to respond to your posting
    Dear Pat,

I am so happy to learn of your strong insistence on a mamo. I am also happy that the doctor has scheduled an ultra sound.

As a mother, I also am aware of how we protect our children, As a woman who had breast cancer, I am more concerned about your mental health regarding this lump. Good news to my ears is that you told your best friend. To give your thoughts a rest, can you do something "fun" with your friend in these next few days.

When I have a lot of stress, going to the movies relaxes me both physically and mentally. What works for you?

Janelle

Pat thinking of you
    sending positive thoughts to your way. I am glad that you insisted on tests. Please try to relax and take your mid away of it.
    Hugs
    New Flower
  • PinkPearl
    PinkPearl Member Posts: 280
    You are a smart girl!
    Way to go on calling and insisting on a mamo and ultrasound! Hopefully you will have no need to worry when you get the results. Praying for you and for peace of mind until then.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Pat thinking of you
    sending positive thoughts to your way. I am glad that you insisted on tests. Please try to relax and take your mid away of it.
    Hugs
    New Flower

keeping you in my thoughts
    keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. it is very possible that it could be benign. hold onto to that and try to not focus on the thoughts that cant help but go there. I always get busy distract distract distact. this must be what I do because my denial mechanism doesnt work very well. glad you are being yur own advocate and praying you get good news.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    mollyz said:

praying for you
    I will be praying for you and don't let your imagination take over just believe and know your ok. hugs MollyZ

Praying for good news!

Praying for good news!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    sea60 said:

Hi Pat
    Just know you're wrapped in prayers that all will be okay. Let us know how it goes.

Blessings and hugs to you,

Sylvia

Sending prayers, hugs and
    Sending prayers, hugs and positive thoughts to you Pat!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    KathyLQ said:

Pat, hang in there until you get the results
    Pat,
    You don’t say what treatments you had, but because you have a breast, I’m assuming you had both a lumpectomy and radiation. I don’t know what a breast feels like after radiation because I went the mastectomy route. I will say, that after my initial lumpectomy, I got another equal size hard lump near the same site within just a couple of weeks, and of course asked the doctor. She didn’t think it was a problem, but ordered an ultrasound and also used a needle to remove some of the bodies fluid. Turned out it was just both fluid and swelling.

Are you taking a aromatase inhibitor?

Don't forget to post your
    Don't forget to post your results Pat when you do get them. Look at all your sisters in pink that are surrounding you with love and prayers.

Hugs, Diane
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

This is my 3rd attempt to respond to your posting
    Dear Pat,

Janelle

I know Janelle, it happened
    I know Janelle, it happened to me yesterday, so, I just gave up. I wonder what was going on.

Please post when you can Pat to let us know about your results!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

I agree
    I wouldn't want to wait and see...good you requested test early. So so sorry to hear about your husband...

Adding my prayers for
    Adding my prayers for you.

Hugs, Jan
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    PinkPearl said:

You are a smart girl!
    Way to go on calling and insisting on a mamo and ultrasound! Hopefully you will have no need to worry when you get the results. Praying for you and for peace of mind until then.

Pat, Wishing you well and
    Pat, Wishing you well and hope your tests have a good result. Keeping you in my prayers.