not just another rough day at the cancer center

heidijez
heidijez Member Posts: 441
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Part 1: another rough day at the cancer center - rads went well, but i was told to check in with the nurse in the breast care center before i left. okay, fine. turns out they did not like the looks of my labs yesterday - white blood cells really low, and something about the liver. so off i went to have a ct scan. just got home between 1 and 2 o'clock and decided to get some sleep. yes, i know, this too shall pass

Part 2: just barely fell asleep when my cell phone rang. my rads oncologist called me from a breast cancer conference in san antonio with 2 major things: my gallbladder is inflamed and i have lymph nodes acting up on the right breast, in the right armpit, in my stomach and somewhere else (my mind went fuzzy, understandably). she is contacting my surgeon about having gallbladder removed and is requesting an immediate petscan. not exactly the news i was hoping for ;(

p.s. my medical oncologist is at the same conference and she is contacting him as well.

Comments

• Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    no it wasn't
    Praying for you, Heidi!
  • joannstar
    joannstar Member Posts: 403 Member
    So sorry
    I'll keep you in my prayers.

Hugs and hope.
    JoAnn
  • warrrior3
    warrrior3 Member Posts: 92
    I am so sorry
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    warrrior3 said:

I am so sorry
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Prayers
    Prayers being said for you. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Heidi, I am sending you
    Heidi, I am sending you strength to get through this. Hopefully, the PET scan will shed some light on the situation. Hoping for a more positive result from the testing. (((Hugs)))
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Heidi, I am sending you
    Heidi, I am sending you strength to get through this. Hopefully, the PET scan will shed some light on the situation. Hoping for a more positive result from the testing. (((Hugs)))

Prayers on the way from me
    Prayers on the way from me too Heidi.
    God Bless
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    joannstar said:

So sorry
    I'll keep you in my prayers.

Hugs and hope.
    JoAnn

Praying for you too Heidi!

Praying for you too Heidi!
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member

Prayers on the way from me
    Prayers on the way from me too Heidi.
    God Bless
    Hugs,
    Wanda

Sending you hugs.
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers till this new crisis is over.

Roseann
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    roseann4 said:

Sending you hugs.
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers till this new crisis is over.

Roseann

More than once
    I have wished I lived closer to you -- I want to hug you, sit with you, make you some soup (I don't cook, but it feels like the thing to do). You are so brave and accepting and you never complain.

I'm sorry you got this kind of news, but I have no doubt you will summon the energy to fight and win!!

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Victoria
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    aisling8 said:

More than once
    I have wished I lived closer to you -- I want to hug you, sit with you, make you some soup (I don't cook, but it feels like the thing to do). You are so brave and accepting and you never complain.

I'm sorry you got this kind of news, but I have no doubt you will summon the energy to fight and win!!

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Victoria

You have had a bad day, and,
    You have had a bad day, and, I am so sorry Heidi. I am thinking only positive thoughts for you and sending prayers and hugs.
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Jeez when it rains it pours.
    Jeez when it rains it pours. Have you felt bad or had any pain? Your in my prayers sweetheart as always. Take care Kay
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Jeez when it rains it pours.
    Jeez when it rains it pours. Have you felt bad or had any pain? Your in my prayers sweetheart as always. Take care Kay

Oh, Heidi--I'm so sorry for your situation
    I'm sending all positive energy and prayers your way. You have a lot of people praying for you right now and that is powerful.

Stay strong.

Hugs, Renee
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Heidi
    so sorry for your bad news. Please keep us informed. It took about a week for my PET scan results but maybe they'll rush yours. I had a liver ultrasound because of elevated liver function blood labs but the only thing the ultrasound showed was some sludge in my gall bladder. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope for a positive outcome.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Dear Heidi
    So sorry to hear of this setback - you have been through so much already! Lots of prayers are being sent your way and your sisters in pink are surrounding you with love.
    Linda
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    linpsu said:

Dear Heidi
    So sorry to hear of this setback - you have been through so much already! Lots of prayers are being sent your way and your sisters in pink are surrounding you with love.
    Linda

Heidi
    I'm praying for you Heidi. Stay strong and remember that you are not alone. We are all right here beside you.
    Dawne
  • QuiltingMama123
    QuiltingMama123 Member Posts: 124
    I'm so sorry...
    Along with everyone else, I am sending hugs, prayers, strength, and anything else you might need. Try to sleep well tonight, let our support rock you to sleep.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    A warm embrace
    and prayers being lifted that all will be okay.

Sylvia
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    So sorry to hear
    you are not doing so well. Keep the fight going. I will keep you in my thoughts and send you some extra strength.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Heidi, I am sending you

Sending prayers to
    Sending prayers to you!

Leeza
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Heidi
    I'm praying for you Heidi. Stay strong and remember that you are not alone. We are all right here beside you.
    Dawne

You really did have a rough
    You really did have a rough day. Stay positive and know that I am sending you prayers.

Hugs, Diane