MUGA Scan

Options
Nat671
Nat671 Member Posts: 9
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hello Everyone,
On Wednesday I had a MUGA Scan for the first time in preparation for my treatment (AMG386/Doxil). Well, I got a call saying that the test results came back and my hearts major ventricle is functionimg at 50.3%. Because of that fact my oncologist is pulling me from the Doxil since its already toxic to the hearts functioning. Instead he is putting me on AMG386/Topetecan. Has anyone been on "Topetecan"? And if so what was your experience?
I had a horrible nights rest last night at the thought that I may not be able to do any treatments. I'm trying to stay postive through this difficult time.
Thanks for your input
Nat671

Comments

• kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Nat,
    threre are all sorts of combinations of drugs an treatments out therel, it is just tricky finding the right one sometimesl
    Have you had a chemo essay done?
    Take care,
    Kathleen
  • Nat671
    Nat671 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    kayandok said:

Hang in there Nat,
    threre are all sorts of combinations of drugs an treatments out therel, it is just tricky finding the right one sometimesl
    Have you had a chemo essay done?
    Take care,
    Kathleen

Hi Kathleen,
    No I haven't

Hi Kathleen,
    No I haven't had a chemo essay done. What is that?

NAt671
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Options
    Hi Nat671,
    I can't believe

Hi Nat671,

I can't believe how young you are with this cancer! ! !

Usually this is a cancer that is typically an issue with us older women.

So glad to meet you, but sorry in this manner.

I used to post quite a bit in the beginning and haven't been posting lately; but please let us know how you continue to fare.

When I was on the Doxil, they monitored me constantly as well so I continued on with it, but went into remission at that time for only 6 months.

Take care,

Sharon
  • azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    Options

Hi Nat671,
    I can't believe

Hi Nat671,

I can't believe how young you are with this cancer! ! !

Usually this is a cancer that is typically an issue with us older women.

So glad to meet you, but sorry in this manner.

I used to post quite a bit in the beginning and haven't been posting lately; but please let us know how you continue to fare.

When I was on the Doxil, they monitored me constantly as well so I continued on with it, but went into remission at that time for only 6 months.

Take care,

Sharon

Sorry your going through this
    so sorry to hear this
    i have never heard of the chemo screening