MUGA Scan

Nat671
Nat671 Member Posts: 9
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hello Everyone,
On Wednesday I had a MUGA Scan for the first time in preparation for my treatment (AMG386/Doxil). Well, I got a call saying that the test results came back and my hearts major ventricle is functionimg at 50.3%. Because of that fact my oncologist is pulling me from the Doxil since its already toxic to the hearts functioning. Instead he is putting me on AMG386/Topetecan. Has anyone been on "Topetecan"? And if so what was your experience?
I had a horrible nights rest last night at the thought that I may not be able to do any treatments. I'm trying to stay postive through this difficult time.
Thanks for your input
Nat671

Comments

• kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Hang in there Nat,
    threre are all sorts of combinations of drugs an treatments out therel, it is just tricky finding the right one sometimesl
    Have you had a chemo essay done?
    Take care,
    Kathleen
  • Nat671
    Nat671 Member Posts: 9
    kayandok said:

Hang in there Nat,
    threre are all sorts of combinations of drugs an treatments out therel, it is just tricky finding the right one sometimesl
    Have you had a chemo essay done?
    Take care,
    Kathleen

Hi Kathleen,
    No I haven't

Hi Kathleen,
    No I haven't had a chemo essay done. What is that?

NAt671
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Hi Nat671,
    I can't believe

Hi Nat671,

I can't believe how young you are with this cancer! ! !

Usually this is a cancer that is typically an issue with us older women.

So glad to meet you, but sorry in this manner.

I used to post quite a bit in the beginning and haven't been posting lately; but please let us know how you continue to fare.

When I was on the Doxil, they monitored me constantly as well so I continued on with it, but went into remission at that time for only 6 months.

Take care,

Sharon
  • azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member

Hi Nat671,
    I can't believe

Hi Nat671,

I can't believe how young you are with this cancer! ! !

Usually this is a cancer that is typically an issue with us older women.

So glad to meet you, but sorry in this manner.

I used to post quite a bit in the beginning and haven't been posting lately; but please let us know how you continue to fare.

When I was on the Doxil, they monitored me constantly as well so I continued on with it, but went into remission at that time for only 6 months.

Take care,

Sharon

Sorry your going through this
    so sorry to hear this
    i have never heard of the chemo screening