The comfort of a Mother

2»

Comments

• Luv2lunch
    Luv2lunch Member Posts: 270
    Winter Marie,
    We will be

Winter Marie,
    We will be praying for you today. Extra prayers and good thoughts for you.
    Linda and Ellie
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    missing mommy
    This post hits very close to home. My mother passed while I was in battle with my second recurrence, so I unfortunately know how hard it is to fight without mommy there to hold my hand and kiss my forehead. Many times I spent crying because I wanted my mommy. I did, however, make it through, and God put other wonderful angels in place to fill the void that was left. Momma passed in 2006 and there are still days when I miss her terribly and would love to have another day to even just talk on the phone with her. I suppose that will always be true. You will make it through, your mother will still be with you in heart, if not body. She will be praying for you and you will be able to feel her love through the telephone! Be strong and know that you are not alone. We are all afraid of surgery, no matter the good we expect to come of it!
    mary
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Thank you
    Thank you each and everyone!!! You made me feel so much better, and reminded me, I also have my "family" here.
    You all brought tears to my eyes, but also gave me joy in my heart.
    One thing for sure, we all love our Moms!!!!
    Winter Marie
  • christinecarl
    christinecarl Member Posts: 543 Member
    I so miss my mom
    There are just times when no one else will do. I know its best that she never knew that I got colon cancer too, but I just miss her :(
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member

I so miss my mom
    There are just times when no one else will do. I know its best that she never knew that I got colon cancer too, but I just miss her :(

Bless you
    You will be fine. It is quite natural to think of Mommy...I had been without Mommy for over 30 years, then unannounced moved back home and closer to her. 6 months later I had a dx of stage 4 colon cancer, and it was then that I discovered that I never left her, she was right there by my side all those years? It's natural to be afraid but the surgeons have done these surgeries day in and day out,

Hugs!!