I feel so blessed...

Gabe N Abby Mom
Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
When my son was 2 (he's 14 now) I joined a local mothers group, we used to spend hours at parks and on outings, etc. As the kids grew and I went back to work, sadly I lost touch with many of the people in that group. Many of these women have since found out about my cancer, and have contacted me through cards and emails, all offering support. (Which always make me cry.)

One of these wonderful women has scheduled a reunion "girls night in" at her house...specifically to show support for me. She checked with me, and scheduled a time around my treatments. We're all getting together on Monday to catch up, and share food and stories. And I am so looking forward to it!

So, I think, one of the things I'm learning again as a result of this journey is the value of friendship and how amazing true friends are.

Hugs for all of you,

Linda

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    wow wonderful
    so Great to reconnect....friendships are priceless...Have a great visit...
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    kind of the same but not
    Just about the time I was going throuh my cancer I reconnected with one friend from school (K-12)since then reconnected with 2 more from Kindergarten-12th also. NO contact for over 30 yrs..now we go out monthly-we never miss a month..we make date prior to leaving from one we are at...it's great..free therapy!
  • racergirl
    racergirl Member Posts: 50
    Isn't it wonderful
    Isn't it wonderful when people want to help, but also have the forethought to think of our "Chemo Schedule". Because getting together is alwasy great, but it it is definitely better when you are feeling good (or atleast better).

Have fun and enjoy yourself. Patti
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Paying It Forward.....
    I recently read, that before the words of the song were changed to make it rhyme, that Paul McCartney originally wrote "The Love you get is equal to the love you give."

I would say that this is exactly what you are experiencing now! What a blessing!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    This is what I found to be
    This is what I found to be the gift of cancer. So often we think only of the bad--the challenges, the losses, the fears--that cancer brings. Yet it brings gifts, too, if we have the eyes to see them. One of the most valuable--if not the most valuable--is the renewed and new friendships.

Enjoy your special night, Linda!

Blessings, Sandy
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    sweet!
    Oh Linda, what a wonderful gesture of friendship! It is true as our life's get busy we sometimes lose contact with old friends, how sweet that you will all have a chance to reunite!

RE
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Awhhh Linda that is so
    Awhhh Linda that is so sweet...im happy they cared enough to do this for you!
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    jo jo said:

Awhhh Linda that is so
    Awhhh Linda that is so sweet...im happy they cared enough to do this for you!

Great story
    That sounds like so much fun. Hope you have a blast. Thanks for sharing. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • "Cheers" to a great evening
    "Cheers" to a great evening for you and your chicas, Linda!
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Linda
    I hope you have a wonderful time. I also had a support mothers group when my 31 yr. old was from 2 to age 5 when he started school I didn't go much more after that. Actually, I started the group. It went for another 10 years after I faded out. So much fun! Enojoy the evening together.
    Hugs,
    Annette
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Enjoy your evening!!
    I hope you have a wonderfull evening! Hugs...Alison
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

Enjoy your evening!!
    I hope you have a wonderfull evening! Hugs...Alison

So wonderful, have a great
    So wonderful, have a great time.
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    I'm so happy that you are
    I'm so happy that you are experiencing this reunion of your friends and the support they are giving you. People can be so amazing! Hope you enjoy your evening.
    hugs
    jan
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    fauxma said:

So wonderful, have a great
    So wonderful, have a great time.

That is a blessing,
    That is a blessing, especially since they would have every excuse in the world not to reach out. But you are valued by them, and that is such a great feeling. Hugs.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Linda,
    That's wonderful. It will be great to connect with old friends. Let us know how it goes. Hugs, Jean
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Linda,
    That's wonderful. It will be great to connect with old friends. Let us know how it goes. Hugs, Jean

Have a great time! I have
    Have a great time! I have always considered my friends gifts, the best gifts imaginable.

Hugs, Debby
  • kya911
    kya911 Member Posts: 157
    DebbyM said:

Have a great time! I have
    Have a great time! I have always considered my friends gifts, the best gifts imaginable.

Hugs, Debby

That's awesome Hope you have
    That's awesome Hope you have a great time.
    Yes cancer does bring gifts. Gifts I would have never known or guessed.
    You really learn the priorities in a hurry.
    Have fun,forget cancer for the evening.
    Judy
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    kya911 said:

That's awesome Hope you have
    That's awesome Hope you have a great time.
    Yes cancer does bring gifts. Gifts I would have never known or guessed.
    You really learn the priorities in a hurry.
    Have fun,forget cancer for the evening.
    Judy

Wow, how sweet!
    Yes, you are very blessed :)

Hugs to you!!

Sylvia