port removal today

2»

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

It is gone
    I had to be at the hospital for 2:30pm and was told that my surgery would be at 4pm well I didn't go in until 5:30pm never went to recovery since I woke up in the OR and then they sent me home at 6:45pm.

A little sore last night and this morning. Taking today off and resting and icing.

I had a double mastectomy with reconstruction so mammogram is not needed again for me.

I was told in August that my treatments of Herceptin were completed and that I needed to think about having the port out so yesterday was the day.

It does depend on what type of BC you have and how long your Dr wants to leave the port in.

Hugs,
    Margo

glad that your port is gone
    glad that your port is gone and that your are resting and icing. This is good news indeed.
    Stef
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570

It is gone
    I had to be at the hospital for 2:30pm and was told that my surgery would be at 4pm well I didn't go in until 5:30pm never went to recovery since I woke up in the OR and then they sent me home at 6:45pm.

A little sore last night and this morning. Taking today off and resting and icing.

I had a double mastectomy with reconstruction so mammogram is not needed again for me.

I was told in August that my treatments of Herceptin were completed and that I needed to think about having the port out so yesterday was the day.

It does depend on what type of BC you have and how long your Dr wants to leave the port in.

Hugs,
    Margo

Glad to hear that this
    Glad to hear that this portion of your treatment is finished. I think having our ports removed is an affirmation. Glad you were able to take today off. Wishing you a lovely weekend...xoxoxo Lynn