it is friday any weekend plan?

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I don't , just watch tv, dinner in a restaurant and maybe visit my wife's parents!

Comments

• betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Hi Pepe
    For the week-end something will come, but tonight I am taking my son for TAPAS at Taberna Giralda here in Miami,to celebrate my good news,lived in Spain long time ago,my parents were from the north of Spain, and the father of my children is from Madrid,probably I have been in the area where you beach place is located I really love Barcelona, maybe I will visit you some day.
    Betina
  • pepebcn
    betina61 said:

Hi Pepe
    For the week-end something will come, but tonight I am taking my son for TAPAS at Taberna Giralda here in Miami,to celebrate my good news,lived in Spain long time ago,my parents were from the north of Spain, and the father of my children is from Madrid,probably I have been in the area where you beach place is located I really love Barcelona, maybe I will visit you some day.
    Betina

so betina you are nearly Spanish!
    What place in the north?, and, how are tapas in Miami? Once, l had gazpacho there and it was not exactly what l expected!
    LOL, enjoy your Friday,s night!
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    pepebcn said:

so betina you are nearly Spanish!
    What place in the north?, and, how are tapas in Miami? Once, l had gazpacho there and it was not exactly what l expected!
    LOL, enjoy your Friday,s night!

Hola again
    My mother was from Lugo (Galicia) and my father from Luarca (Asturias).Tapas are good depending the place, but on Gaspacho can't have an opinion, I really don't like it.
  • pepebcn
    betina61 said:

Hola again
    My mother was from Lugo (Galicia) and my father from Luarca (Asturias).Tapas are good depending the place, but on Gaspacho can't have an opinion, I really don't like it.

my mother is from Asturias too!
    haha, this summer l did el camino the Santiago and spent one night in lugo, it was the Roman festival, everybody dressed in Roman or Celtic Style
    when l mean every body was absolutely the whole city! even in a working day ,the go to work dressed as Romans or Celts.
    Big fun!
  • ktlcs
    ktlcs Member Posts: 358
    pepebcn said:

my mother is from Asturias too!
    haha, this summer l did el camino the Santiago and spent one night in lugo, it was the Roman festival, everybody dressed in Roman or Celtic Style
    when l mean every body was absolutely the whole city! even in a working day ,the go to work dressed as Romans or Celts.
    Big fun!

Nothing Exciting
    Probably just stay close to home, maybe dinner out with friends is about it

Kathy
  • pepebcn
    ktlcs said:

Nothing Exciting
    Probably just stay close to home, maybe dinner out with friends is about it

Kathy

too,Kathy.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Breathing! Adjusting from Jet Lag (9 hours difference)
    Oh, but tonight, we go to the LA County Fair and see WAR! in concert...

Then, tomorrow, working on arranging my mom's future home...we have a MARVELOUS independent living complex in town...she seems to be taking the idea ok...we shall see..

Sunday I am making dinner...lamb, scalloped potatoes, steamed brocolli...sigh...wish I had some Porcini mushrooms....ROFL!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    KathiM said:

Then, tomorrow, working on arranging my mom's future home...we have a MARVELOUS independent living complex in town...she seems to be taking the idea ok...we shall see..

Sunday I am making dinner...lamb, scalloped potatoes, steamed brocolli...sigh...wish I had some Porcini mushrooms....ROFL!

Hugs, Kathi

Hello Pepe
    My son is flying in from Seattle tonight. Haven't seen him in 11 months so I am very excited. The cooler weather we are getting will be an added extra.

-Pat
  • pepebcn
    Jaylo969 said:

Hello Pepe
    My son is flying in from Seattle tonight. Haven't seen him in 11 months so I am very excited. The cooler weather we are getting will be an added extra.

-Pat

wind from Seattle!
    Cold,cold, cold.Hahaha!
    Enjoy your family Pat.
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Cooking
    Cooking. Which sounds bad for a weekend,but I really enjoy weekend cooking and I lose more weight when I cook. I am cooking home made soups to freeze!

Chop chop!
    PS I make a mean apple pear pie with streusel topping!
  • pepebcn
    KathiM said:

Hugs, Kathi

You didn't carry the fungi with you to the US ? easy to
    explain to an American customs police isn't ? any way why don't you reach some escargots in your backyard, not mushrooms, but delicious too! it would be even more plentiful !LOL!

Enjoy your dinner!
  • pepebcn
    ketziah35 said:

Cooking
    Cooking. Which sounds bad for a weekend,but I really enjoy weekend cooking and I lose more weight when I cook. I am cooking home made soups to freeze!

Chop chop!
    PS I make a mean apple pear pie with streusel topping!

hummm! this pie sounds great!
    would you send me a piece to Barcelona ?LOL.
    Enjoy it.
    Hugs!
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Yep!
    Hey, Pepe.

We're going to the farmers' market in the morning, then I'm going to a woman's club market where they have lots of crafts and such. We're meeting our daughter and her family for lunch to celebrate our first grandson turning 8. Tomorrow night we're going downtown to hear some bluegrass. I love to clog, so I'm thinking there might be some dancing going on. *grins*

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    tootsie1 said:

Yep!
    Hey, Pepe.

We're going to the farmers' market in the morning, then I'm going to a woman's club market where they have lots of crafts and such. We're meeting our daughter and her family for lunch to celebrate our first grandson turning 8. Tomorrow night we're going downtown to hear some bluegrass. I love to clog, so I'm thinking there might be some dancing going on. *grins*

*hugs*
    Gail

I plan to relax, last
    I plan to relax, last weekend was hectic!!!
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Nana b said:

I plan to relax, last
    I plan to relax, last weekend was hectic!!!

rain rain rain
    oh so cold and blue and rainy here. sorry, makes me blue. I need to cook a good dinner too and maybe rent a movie.....no plans

mags
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    maglets said:

rain rain rain
    oh so cold and blue and rainy here. sorry, makes me blue. I need to cook a good dinner too and maybe rent a movie.....no plans

mags

I am gettin ready to head
    I am gettin ready to head out on a motorcycle poker run with the hubby. Weather has dropped from record highs here in the 90's to the 60's. Had to drag out the leather jacket, the boots, gloves and of course I always have the helmet. Then when the run is over we are heading to a clambake. Oh boy! busy, busy, busy!
    tomorrow I will spend the day resting, but sometime I really need to grocery shop! I don't know about the rest of you, but work and my social life is really putting a damper on the housework!!!

Kathy
  • coolvdub
    coolvdub Member Posts: 408 Member
    khl8 said:

I am gettin ready to head
    I am gettin ready to head out on a motorcycle poker run with the hubby. Weather has dropped from record highs here in the 90's to the 60's. Had to drag out the leather jacket, the boots, gloves and of course I always have the helmet. Then when the run is over we are heading to a clambake. Oh boy! busy, busy, busy!
    tomorrow I will spend the day resting, but sometime I really need to grocery shop! I don't know about the rest of you, but work and my social life is really putting a damper on the housework!!!

Kathy

Beach bound
    Hi Pepe,

Sheri and I are taking Bailey to the beach today. Should be lots of fun.

Don
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    pepebcn said:

hummm! this pie sounds great!
    would you send me a piece to Barcelona ?LOL.
    Enjoy it.
    Hugs!

In Spain?
    Only if I can come with it lol!
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    It's been a full weekend....
    My daughter drove to see us. Her birthday was yesterday (she's 25 on the 25th!) and we had a party at our house for her. Friday night, just the three of us went to dinner and had a great time.

Her and I did a 5K "Run for a cure" yesterday (Saturday). We were a bit disappointed that the event was advertised more. I think it would have had a better turn out even though there were quite a few people there.

We went shopping for the party... went to see my mom and my sisters from Boise. They are coming to the party, so we left after only a few minutes. Went home and cleaned house, cooked and baked. :) We had a great time preparing for this party.

Pretty much all my siblings showed up. We laughed, had wine, beer and punch and ate till we were full. It was a wonderful party!

My husband and I are celebrating our anniversary on Tuesday. Twenty-six years of wedded bliss. :) Our kids gave us a gift certificate to a local eatery and a night at a theme hotel.
  • pepebcn
    coolvdub said:

Beach bound
    Hi Pepe,

Sheri and I are taking Bailey to the beach today. Should be lots of fun.

Don

Don!
    Nice Pic! how was the weather? here starts to be unconfotable to stay on the beach!