Got port in

braelee2
braelee2 Member Posts: 130
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well I got my port in on Wednesday Still a little sore but not bad. I get to take the bandage off tonight. A little scare to see what it looks like.

Comments

• Luv2lunch
    Luv2lunch Member Posts: 270
    I'm glad your port procedure
    I'm glad your port procedure went well. Don't be afraid to look at it. Mom has one and it is a blessing to her as she is definately afraid to be stuck with a needle in the arm. There is really nothing bad to look at.
    Good luck.
    Linda and Ellie
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    your first
    Hi,

I'm assuming that this is your first port? (I just had mine replaced with a new one after 3 yrs last week). When do you start in on getting your chemo through it?
    A little sore is normal. The part where they cut me open is still covered with steri-strips a week and a half later. I was told to let those come off on their own- usually 2-3 weeks. The main bandage covering it all was off two day after I got it, which is the same for you apparently.

Take care and best wishes to you with everything-
    Lisa
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    They really don't look bad at all
    Just a little line of a scar. At first it might be a little red and puffy, but that will go away.

I got my port, and am hooked up to chemo #13 - 1st round of FOLFIRI w/Avastin. My firt 12 rounds were FOLFOX. And I got my short haircut. I've posted mine. Are you going to post your new hairdo? I see you've pulled your original avitar with your long hair.

You're off to Disney soon aren't you? That will be a nice break before heading into battle!
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Wow
    Natalie, I just checked out your pix and they are great. Love the new hair cut and great highlights! I am glad you are doing well with the port.
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Hi Natalie...
    Hopefully, your port will treat like mine has. I don't even know it's there. I have the worst veins too. They would have slaughtered them with needles.

You start chemo pretty soon. You're the same stage as I am.

Oh, BTW... You have a wonderful looking family!!