Good Day!!

missingtexas
missingtexas Member Posts: 146
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had my follow up with my surgeon today (my bilateral mastectomy was on 8/27). They pulled my drainage tube in the right side. The left one will be there for a while since I had chemo before surgery and that is the side they did the lymph nodes. Anyway...right side benign. Left side there was no evidence of any invasive cancer remaining and my 8.8cm tumor was reduced by 93%!!!! 3 positive lymph nodes out of the 22 that they removed. The chemo did the trick and the surgeon got what was left. I see my oncologist to start planning the next step in my treatment. AND...my hair is starting to grow back :) I just needed to share. Today was a good day!!!
-Dana

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Sounds like a GREAT day!
    Sounds like a GREAT day! Yippee! So glad you are on the road to recovery.
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Dana -
    That is a REALLY good day - how wonderful to see that everything you went through paid dividends. Congratulations!!

Chris
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Dana all I can say is WOW!
    The fact that chemo reduced your tumor 93% is amazing! I had bilateral mastectomy June 22 for 6.1cm tumor but I had no lymph node involvement. You certainly got some good news today. Hope your meeting with oncologist goes well.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Dana,
    I know it was a relief to get at least one drain removed today. Hopefully, the other will come out soon. Glad you had a good day! We all deserve them now & then. Happy to hear about our hair too! Woo Hoo! Hugs, Jean
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Wonderful News!!
    Wonderful News!! Congratulations!! Good luck on your next step. Better get them dancing shoes out and start dusting them off.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Wonderful News!!
    Wonderful News!! Congratulations!! Good luck on your next step. Better get them dancing shoes out and start dusting them off.

Definitely gotta celebrate those good days, Dana!
    Good for you! Keep it up.

Hugs, Renee
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    thanks for sharing your GOOD News!
    It is always so nice to read of good news....so glad for you. And, I remember the nice feeling when a drainage tube gets removed. Good luck with your next steps in treatment to fight this.........sending positive thoughts your way and Congrats on your Good Day News!
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Yeaaa
    Thats great. Hey not sure where you live, but hair in any state is great since winter is coming. I went bald Oct. 2009 and froze my a** off. lol Heres to good days that will get better. Katz
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Happy Happy
    What wonderful news! Savor the day!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

Happy Happy
    What wonderful news! Savor the day!

Glad you are having a good
    Glad you are having a good day. It's great that the chemo was so effective. Hope things keep progressing this beautifully.
    Stef