named my damn bag

Kerry S
Kerry S Member Posts: 606 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I did get out of the hospital today. A good friend picked my up at the hospital and drove me home. Dropped me off then drove back to STL. Now that is a true friend. He did not want Susie to make the long drive. I named my damn bag “the shart bucket”.

I am going to have a lot of fun with noise that thing makes. The only problem I am having now is the dog wants to lick the damn thing. Mine is high above my belt line and hangs out over my pants. Then my pull over shirt covers it. Works fine for dumping as I can just kneel by the john and dump. I can live with the shart bucket for 90 days.

Kerry

Comments

• Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    Hey Kerry
    My resected colon "Larry" says to tell that shart bucket "Hi"

Sounds like you are doing well and I am so glad you are back!!!

Take care and keep the dog off of "sharty".

-Pat
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Jaylo969 said:

Hey Kerry
    My resected colon "Larry" says to tell that shart bucket "Hi"

Sounds like you are doing well and I am so glad you are back!!!

Take care and keep the dog off of "sharty".

-Pat

Hey Buddy..........
    If you can find an old halter top that one of your nurse friends may have left layin around (just kiddin) they serve as a good thing to put on while ya sleep and it keeps the bag in place. Its not to tight so that it can do its thing but not so loose to where it will let it slide around.......Glad your home, Buzz
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Welcome Home
    Glad you got home safe and sound (I wasn't meaning your sanity, just your body on the sound part), what a good friend you had to bring you home.
    Um, the name you gave your bag is, um, well, hmmm, well, uh, okay... "different" to say the least.
    Glad your home Kerry.
    Winter Marie
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807

Welcome Home
    Glad you got home safe and sound (I wasn't meaning your sanity, just your body on the sound part), what a good friend you had to bring you home.
    Um, the name you gave your bag is, um, well, hmmm, well, uh, okay... "different" to say the least.
    Glad your home Kerry.
    Winter Marie

Welcome Home Kerry!
    Glad

Welcome Home Kerry!
    Glad that you are out of the hospital! Somehow, I think you really are going to have fun with the noises the bag makes!!

Kathy
  • just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    Named mine
    Leaky Sac-o Sheet. I'm so glad everything went well and youre back home to give us a ray of sunshine!!! LOL

Brooks
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Welcome Home!

Welcome Home!
  • WinneyPooh
    WinneyPooh Member Posts: 318
    ili monster
    kerry, mine was ili monster, but fortunately ili died last wednesday and now i am left with the flaming hole.

sounds like a vaction spot on one of the hawian islands, you know the center of the valcano,

oh well you to will know this joy in 90 days.

Best enjoy the bag and it convinience for now.

Winnie,
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member

ili monster
    kerry, mine was ili monster, but fortunately ili died last wednesday and now i am left with the flaming hole.

sounds like a vaction spot on one of the hawian islands, you know the center of the valcano,

oh well you to will know this joy in 90 days.

Best enjoy the bag and it convinience for now.

Winnie,

Kerry and Winnie
    The two of you just crack me up! I hated my bag, and i don't mean to scare you guys, but my 90 day ileostomy turned into 15 months! By that time, i had a good size stricture, and to this day have not been able to properly train my bowels (reversal was in May of 2009). I didn't name my bag. I hated it too much. Ileostomies are no fun.
  • pluckey
    pluckey Member Posts: 484 Member
    I named mine
    Stumpy and the Magical Poo Pouch.

Post reversal I used Depends, Desitin, cottonelle wipes and a towel under my azz when sleeping

Good Luck Kerry
  • tammy31269
    tammy31269 Member Posts: 22
    i love your sense of humor we have no choice
    im now 41years old a 9year colonrectal cancer survivor, i got my cancer at age 30 and with 2tumors in my rectum/colon area. took 25treatments of radiation,9months of 5-fu chemo and had 5operations, 2 different colostomies/stomas.the 1st. colostomy was put in a bad area,so in nov.2004 had a divertingloop put on, then in aug.2006 done a 7hour re-site of stoma, now its doing fine. my big problem is bone loss from the radiation, i lost my teeth at age 34, i have osteoporosis,sciatica,scoliosis,arthritis,degeneration in my bones my spine is awful in my 5th lumbar disc its halfway gone down thinned out. are you having any late term effects from your treatments?
  • Crow71
    Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
    Hey Kerry - I missed this
    Hey Kerry - I missed this post somehow. Mr. Dribbles says hi.

Winnie - Ill Monster didn't die. He just went home!!!