CSN Family Reunion - So Cal edition - Everyone is welcome!

cindycflynn
cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
For those that may not have caught the discussion on Traci's earlier thread about meeting New Flower, several of us are interested in getting together to meet in person.

VickiSam said that she will probably be recovered enough to join us by the end of August, so I was thinking about August the 27th or 28th?

As far as the location, as those of you who live here know, So Cal is a BIG PLACE, so it will probably a drive for some no matter where we meet, but if anyone has any suggestions, let's hear 'em! I'll throw one suggestion out - Long Beach. It's probably about as central as we're going to get, and there are a lot of options for places to meet there - the beach, the Aquarium, El Dorado Park to name a few.

Let's talk about what dates and locations work best for the most of us and get this show on the road!

Of course, if anyone that lives elsewhere would like to plan a trip to Southern California to join us, we'd be delighted!

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I'll be there in spirit....
    In my other home in The Netherlands then...sigh...

Hugs, Kathi
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    KathiM said:

I'll be there in spirit....
    In my other home in The Netherlands then...sigh...

Hugs, Kathi

I'll be there!!
    Long Beach is a good idea. Yes, L.A. is big and some of us will have to drive and maybe some lucky soul gets to just walk over... This will be fun.

I've got it penciled in. But I can change if the majority needs to.

Thanks,
    Victoria
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    aisling8 said:

I'll be there!!
    Long Beach is a good idea. Yes, L.A. is big and some of us will have to drive and maybe some lucky soul gets to just walk over... This will be fun.

I've got it penciled in. But I can change if the majority needs to.

Thanks,
    Victoria

Maybe I should confess this on the "Wimpy Club" thread...
    I think this sounds like a marvelous idea, I really appreciate your taking the lead on this Cindy, late August works great for me, and I really want to be there with all of you.

But I guess here's as good a place as any to come clean on something that's probably going to sound crazy coming from someone in Southern California...

...driving really, really stresses me out. It always has, but the stress of diagnosis and treatment has probably even made it worse.

I have a lovely car -- I bought it new 6 years ago, and it still has only 9000 miles on it. I toodle around my neighborhood to run errands, shopping, church, etc., but any more than a few miles, and I just can't do it.

I talked with my girlfriend about our proposed "Family Reunion," and she's happy to drive...so, as long as y'all don't mind a guest, I'm in.

Traci
  • cindycflynn
    TraciInLA said:

I think this sounds like a marvelous idea, I really appreciate your taking the lead on this Cindy, late August works great for me, and I really want to be there with all of you.

But I guess here's as good a place as any to come clean on something that's probably going to sound crazy coming from someone in Southern California...

...driving really, really stresses me out. It always has, but the stress of diagnosis and treatment has probably even made it worse.

I have a lovely car -- I bought it new 6 years ago, and it still has only 9000 miles on it. I toodle around my neighborhood to run errands, shopping, church, etc., but any more than a few miles, and I just can't do it.

I talked with my girlfriend about our proposed "Family Reunion," and she's happy to drive...so, as long as y'all don't mind a guest, I'm in.

Traci

Of course!
    We'd love to have her come with you!

Love you new picture - you look like an angel!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I think, think, think that
    I think, think, think that I can do this! I used to live within walking distance of El Dorado park, and had an annual pass to the Aquarium, too! So, I will come indeed! barring aanything unforseen of course! Keep me in the loop!

WOOT WOOT! Is it really a RE-union if we haven't had the Union yet? LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Sally5
    Sally5 Member Posts: 87
    chenheart said:

I think, think, think that
    I think, think, think that I can do this! I used to live within walking distance of El Dorado park, and had an annual pass to the Aquarium, too! So, I will come indeed! barring aanything unforseen of course! Keep me in the loop!

WOOT WOOT! Is it really a RE-union if we haven't had the Union yet? LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥

So. Cal.
    Yes, I'm in. This sounds great.

What a great idea.......

Merry (Sally5)

Chen.... You are right about the re...union.
    Also, I live near El Dorado Park... small world.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Sally5 said:

So. Cal.

What a great idea.......

Merry (Sally5)

I like the idea
    and coming from Torrance should be ok, I guess, I do not know where El Dorado is.
    Traci I am with you. Yes, BC & Chemo, and lack of estrogen makes me nervous driving in LA.

Te-union sounds great, I have been thinking about it since I joined the board.
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

I like the idea
    and coming from Torrance should be ok, I guess, I do not know where El Dorado is.
    Traci I am with you. Yes, BC & Chemo, and lack of estrogen makes me nervous driving in LA.

Te-union sounds great, I have been thinking about it since I joined the board.
    Hugs,
    New Flower

Yep .. Yep .. Yep .. Color me there ...
    Thanks Cindy ... I am soooooooooo excited!

Vicki Sam
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam said:

Yep .. Yep .. Yep .. Color me there ...
    Thanks Cindy ... I am soooooooooo excited!

Vicki Sam

OH by the way .. Traci .. I love your Pink Boa
    Crown. It fits you like a glove. I hope you wear it to our reunion - !

Vicki Sam
  • chenheart
    Sally5 said:

So. Cal.

What a great idea.......

Merry (Sally5)

You do?? I lived in LB for
    You do?? I lived in LB for 27 years ( my ex still does) I lived on the "West Side, Wrigley District" for 18 years, when it was still lovely and full of old, character-filled homes. My husband worked at LB Memorial Hospital for ages and ages.
    We moved after the riots...my ex still lives on Studebaker near Atherton. I used to walk my daughter to El Dorado park for gymnastics and I did aerobic classes there as well.

Small world , indeed!
    Claudia
  • chenheart
    TraciInLA said:

Traci

Yesterday, your "old
    Yesterday, your "old Picture" was still up, tho evidently others were seeing this new, happy faced one! Beautiful~ love the star and boa...we should ALL get one~ waaaaay better than name-tags, doncha think??? And we are nothing if not fun! :-)
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    chenheart said:

You do?? I lived in LB for
    You do?? I lived in LB for 27 years ( my ex still does) I lived on the "West Side, Wrigley District" for 18 years, when it was still lovely and full of old, character-filled homes. My husband worked at LB Memorial Hospital for ages and ages.
    We moved after the riots...my ex still lives on Studebaker near Atherton. I used to walk my daughter to El Dorado park for gymnastics and I did aerobic classes there as well.

Small world , indeed!
    Claudia

my daughter was born there!
    at Long Beach Memorial! She was over 2 months premature and they saved her life!
    I am from SoCal, grew up in Huntington Beach. If there is any way I can get there I want to come!
  • chenheart
    elm3544 said:

at Long Beach Memorial! She was over 2 months premature and they saved her life!
    I am from SoCal, grew up in Huntington Beach. If there is any way I can get there I want to come!

Try try try and make it~ it
    Try try try and make it~ it would be sooo wonderful!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • cindycflynn
    elm3544 said:

They saved my life too!
    That's where I went for the mammo that found my cancer. Their breast center has an excellent reputation.

Hope you can make it!!!
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Wish I could be there,
    This is the first time I wished I lived in So Cal since I was in love with Bobby Sherman. But, alas Upstate NY. I will be there in spirit!

Sue
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Wow, how fantastic! Thanks
    Wow, how fantastic! Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this Cindy. I will jot those dates down on my calendar. I am in the SouthBay area, myself.
    BL
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I'm very, very jealous!!
    I want to be there, too, but it's a long way from Florida. So, I'll get over it and be there in spirit, too!!
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    MyTurnNow said:

I'm very, very jealous!!
    I want to be there, too, but it's a long way from Florida. So, I'll get over it and be there in spirit, too!!

We are planning our trip to
    We are planning our trip to Cali in september 3-12th and wouldnt be near the reunion place till at least half way through our trip...so it looks like im going to miss all the fun.

Weve had this trip planned for quite some time now and its going to be a sightseeing road trip. We are leaving Iowa to Seattle washington, down hwy 1 on the coast of Cali then through Arizonia and back home. It would of been great to meet everyone on this trip but maybe i can do the next one!
  • VickiSam
    jo jo said:

We are planning our trip to
    We are planning our trip to Cali in september 3-12th and wouldnt be near the reunion place till at least half way through our trip...so it looks like im going to miss all the fun.

Weve had this trip planned for quite some time now and its going to be a sightseeing road trip. We are leaving Iowa to Seattle washington, down hwy 1 on the coast of Cali then through Arizonia and back home. It would of been great to meet everyone on this trip but maybe i can do the next one!

Jo Jo .. what part of California ... Will you and your
    family be traving thru ? .. I'm game to meet .. and I am willing to travel 2 hours ish to meet, you.

Vicki Sam
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691 Member
    Bummer! I live in northern
    Bummer! I live in northern California (near SF) but am having my last chemo on 8/28. My daughter would have loved to take a drive to So. Cal., it is her dream and I would love to have gotten the chance to meet some of you great women.

Perhaps next time.