RECIPE JUST FOR FUN HERE IS A SIMPLE DESERT YOU CAN MAKE WITH THE KIDS OR JUST FOR YOU IN MINUTES.

RE
RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Fruit of your choice
1 roll of biscuits
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 cup cinnamon
Muffin Pan

Mix the sugar and cinnamon together
Totally cover each biscuit in the sugar cinnamon mixture
Place coated biscuit in butter basted muffin tin
Top with fruit of your choice. (blue berries, peaches, thinly sliced apples.
Sprinkle top with a dash of sugar and bake at 450 for 8 minutes.

You can also top it with cherry pie filling, apple pie fill etc.

Great finger food for the little ones or you can serve with Ice cream.

ENJOY,

RE

Comments

• padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    YUMMO
    That sounds fantastic. I'm always looking for something different and easy! Thanks RE!
    Pat
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    padee6339 said:

YUMMO
    That sounds fantastic. I'm always looking for something different and easy! Thanks RE!
    Pat

on the menu!!!!
    on the menu!!!! thanks re!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    carkris said:

on the menu!!!!
    on the menu!!!! thanks re!

fun .. and EASY ..

Thank you .. Vicki Sam
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Can of favorite pie
    Can of favorite pie filling
    Bisquik (or generic)

Mix a bit of Bisqiuk with milk to a dough - put in bottom of Dutch oven (if doing over coals)or casserole dish (if doing in oven). Dump filling over it. Sprinkle some dry Bisqiuk over it and put in coal or oven.

How much you use depends on how big of a 'mess' you want to make as does how long you cook.

Can also dump a can or 2 (or more) in a Dutch oven over coals (or pot over stove) and drop spoonfulls of Bisquik batter in it and let cook. Basically fruit 'n dumplings.
  • RE
    Rague said:

Can of favorite pie
    Can of favorite pie filling
    Bisquik (or generic)

Mix a bit of Bisqiuk with milk to a dough - put in bottom of Dutch oven (if doing over coals)or casserole dish (if doing in oven). Dump filling over it. Sprinkle some dry Bisqiuk over it and put in coal or oven.

How much you use depends on how big of a 'mess' you want to make as does how long you cook.

Can also dump a can or 2 (or more) in a Dutch oven over coals (or pot over stove) and drop spoonfulls of Bisquik batter in it and let cook. Basically fruit 'n dumplings.

:-)
    That sounds pretty good too Rague, I love to cook with Bisquick...thanks for the idea!

RE
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Thanks Re, love this easy to
    Thanks Re, love this easy to make desert. Will try it this weekend.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I was thinking of surprising
    I was thinking of surprising Reggie and Siobhan with these last night to have with evening tea. We still have some apricots left~ I have made what seems like a million jars of apricot jam ( both of our trees went CRAZY with fruit this season!) and dehydrated apricots~ apricot sauce for sundaes, even fruit pizza! Well, anyway...I was so happy to have all of the ingredients on hand, until the biscuits turned out to be bread-sticks! Oh well~ maybe today I will get to the market and get biscuits! LOL
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    i used to make these all the
    i used to make these all the time and put a tea spoon of any flavor jam in the middle every loved them!!!
  • RE

i used to make these all the
    i used to make these all the time and put a tea spoon of any flavor jam in the middle every loved them!!!

:-D
    Oh boy am I glad you said that as I was thinking of trying them with jam in the center, I'll be sure to give it a whirl tonight.

RE
  • RE
    chenheart said:

I was thinking of surprising
    I was thinking of surprising Reggie and Siobhan with these last night to have with evening tea. We still have some apricots left~ I have made what seems like a million jars of apricot jam ( both of our trees went CRAZY with fruit this season!) and dehydrated apricots~ apricot sauce for sundaes, even fruit pizza! Well, anyway...I was so happy to have all of the ingredients on hand, until the biscuits turned out to be bread-sticks! Oh well~ maybe today I will get to the market and get biscuits! LOL

APRICOTS EVERYWHERE!
    Oh Chen you made me laugh with your "CRAZY" tree's. My husband grew up with two in his back yard and he and his brother were responsible for cleaning up the mess, to this day he does not like them and I LOVE THEM!!! Hope you get a chance to try them soon, they really are simple and tasty.

Hugs,

RE
  • bea-mil
    bea-mil Member Posts: 108
    RE said:

:-D
    Oh boy am I glad you said that as I was thinking of trying them with jam in the center, I'll be sure to give it a whirl tonight.

RE

Sugar???!!!! Sugar is the
    Sugar???!!!! Sugar is the food for cancer. Please avoid the sugar in any form. If you like sweet you can replace the sugar with Xylitol sweetener.