My cancer is back......been here so long

Comments

• Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    marcine60 said:

The return of cancer
    This is my first time on and you are the first person that I have emailed or read their post. I got on this because my daughter is fighting cancer. She is 38 with a 3.5 year old. I know she will beat it like a lot of my other friends over the year. But, my concern was the amount of chemo that they are giving her. It will not be in a vein but her chest cavity for more aggressiveness therapy.
    Regardless of this, I know you can beat it again. You beat it once, so why can't you do it again. You know the routine, as you said. It is just bothersome, huh? I have one friend particular, Kathy O., that got it twice and both times she beat it. Technology today is so outstanding then even a year ago. I am new at this, so please forgive me. Good luck to you. Sincerely

Marcine60, it is always so
    Marcine60, it is always so hard to read of the younger women getting bc anymore. I wish noone ever would again. Your daughter has a great support group in you. Stay strong!

♥ Kristin ♥
  • Kristin N
    SIROD said:

Dear Meena,
    I was diagnose

Dear Meena,

I was diagnose with widespread pulmonary and pleural metastasis in July 2008 and I am still here. My CT and PET scan showed my lungs and pleura totally lighted up. They could have been neon signs for an advertisement. It also showed celiac nodes too.

There are many women living well with metastasize breast cancer. So many cancers are not as fortunate as those with breast cancer, those with lung, pancreatic and etc. I knew a woman who was dx from the get go with lung, bone and liver and she lived 11 years with the disease. Lived well until a few years ago, when she finally retired as fatigue became a problem. 30% of women diagnose with breast cancer will have their cancer metastasize. I am not certain why you were afraid to post on cancer site. It's my first post on here and I needed to answer your post. To give you hope that there is life after hearing those words. "Your cancer has spread".

I still work and though have slowed down, I am still alive, just now living with me metastatic breast cancer.

Best,

SIROD

Sirod, there is always hope,
    Sirod, there is always hope, always!

♥ Kristin ♥
  • Kristin N
    Pattyb1 said:

Hi Meena
    Meena, I just signed on for the first time ever and your post caught my eye.
    I was diagnoised with breast cancer in March of '09. i
    In april had a complete mascectomy, including 23 lymph nodes, did chemo from may thru october, chose not to do radiation and was just told i have the start of breast cancer in my other breast! I don't know who I am more upset with, my Dr or myself for not Demanding follow up tests! To this day I have never had a CAT Scan. No more blood work since October.
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I wish you only the very best! To Great Health! Patty

I am so sorry Pattyb1.
    I am so sorry Pattyb1. There seems to be so many recurrences this week on the board. Wishing you the best and praying for you.

♥ Kristin ♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Wolfi said:

Sorry
    Meena,

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this again. You are strong and I hope you feel better after starting your chemo next week.

I know what you mean when you say we know our bodies better than anyone. I went to the ER last Friday night for numbness and swelling in both arms and both legs. It was REALLY noticable and I was afraid of what it may be. They did all the tests - blood/urine/EKG and everything came back normal. This week I have seen my regular doctor for a follow up and a neurologist today to see if they could figure anything out. Nothing. I am in pain, don't feel right and no one can tell me why. It is very frustrating. I am now on 6 different medications each day and just wonder what is coming next.

Take care of yourself and keep us posted on how your treatment is going.

Wolfi

Sorry to hear of your health
    Sorry to hear of your health problems Wolfi. Praying you feel better soon!

Sue :)
  • Ritzy
    Wolfi said:

Sorry
    Meena,

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this again. You are strong and I hope you feel better after starting your chemo next week.

I know what you mean when you say we know our bodies better than anyone. I went to the ER last Friday night for numbness and swelling in both arms and both legs. It was REALLY noticable and I was afraid of what it may be. They did all the tests - blood/urine/EKG and everything came back normal. This week I have seen my regular doctor for a follow up and a neurologist today to see if they could figure anything out. Nothing. I am in pain, don't feel right and no one can tell me why. It is very frustrating. I am now on 6 different medications each day and just wonder what is coming next.

Take care of yourself and keep us posted on how your treatment is going.

Wolfi

Sorry to hear of your health
    Sorry to hear of your health problems Wolfi. Praying you feel better soon!

Sue :)
  • Ritzy
    Moopy23 said:

Meena
    I am so sorry, Meena. My heart sank to see your post. Your voice has been one of the first to offer encouragement and comfort and knowledge to so many women.

You have affirmed over and over that there is life and happiness after bc, and after ibc in particular. You are a strong person, and you can stand up to this new fight, too. On fighting for the Abraxane/Avastin chemo, I do recall that one woman received unexpected aid from a pharmaceutical rep. The rep happened to be visiting the doctor on the same day the woman was in the office. Between the rep and the woman's doctor, the chemo was somehow arranged at little or no cost to the patient. So, your oncologist or his/her office staff may be of help there.

You are in my prayers, Meena.

For you Meena
    I found this poem Meena for you!

Never Let Go Of Hope

One day
    you will see
    that it all
    has finally come together.

What you have
    always wished for
    has finally come to be.

You will look back
    and laugh at what has passed
    and you will ask yourself,
    "How did I get through all of that?"

Just never let go of hope.
    Just never quit dreaming.
    And never let love
    depart from your life.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Paula1001 said:

First, I'm really sorry to hear that the "McNasty" has come back. Yes, a Grey's Anatomy fan, LOL.

You sound like you've got a strong attitude and, like you said, you know what you're in for this time. At least you don't have to fear the unknown. I've added you to our prayer chain, unrelated to this forum, so there's a little more push for the best outcome.

Good luck.

Paula

Bumping this up for Meena,
    Bumping this up for Meena, as she can use our prayers and support too with her recurrence to her liver.

Hugs, Leeza
  • Mariannemm
    Mariannemm Member Posts: 136
    jnl said:

Bumping this up for Meena, as she can use our prayers and support too with her recurrence to her liver.

Hugs, Leeza

Meena you are so strong!
    I can't believe you and others like you have to go through this! It just isn't fair...but who said life is fair. Do what you want, rest when you need to and enjoy the sun! My thougths and prayers are with you! Please keep us updated! Hugs Marianne
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    jnl said:

Hugs, Leeza

Thanks for bumping this up!
    Thanks for bumping this up! Meena has been so sweet and supportive! She has written to me asking how I am during my recent recurrance, even though she is battling again herself. She is a Kindred Spirit of the highest order! She recently posted that she has a less than supportive daughter which cause her understandable distress,but the good news is~ Meena is responding to treatment AND she is on vacation! WOOT WOOT!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    You WOWED me
    Meena,

I came across some of your postings and the upbeat tone and
    your warm nature, is what I remembered. And never would
    I have guessed that you are going through such a rough time.

You are much adored.

Ayse
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    chenheart said:

Thanks for bumping this up!
    Thanks for bumping this up! Meena has been so sweet and supportive! She has written to me asking how I am during my recent recurrance, even though she is battling again herself. She is a Kindred Spirit of the highest order! She recently posted that she has a less than supportive daughter which cause her understandable distress,but the good news is~ Meena is responding to treatment AND she is on vacation! WOOT WOOT!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Still saying prayers for you
    Still saying prayers for you Meena! You can fight this with us backing you up!

Hugs, Jan
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    aysemari said:

You WOWED me
    Meena,

You are much adored.

Ayse

Meena and Chen
    Just checked in to see how you..Meena and Chen... were doing. I've been thinking of you both. You are definitely not forgotten!!!
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    aysemari said:

You WOWED me
    Meena,

You are much adored.

Ayse

Meena and Chen
    Just checked in to see how you..Meena and Chen... were doing. I've been thinking of you both. You are definitely not forgotten!!!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    aysemari said:

You WOWED me
    Meena,

You are much adored.

Ayse

Thinking of you!
    Hugs, Megan

Thinking of you!

Hugs, Megan
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    games on...again
    So very sorry to hear you are facing this again! But I know you will be ok doing battle...you are strong, and know you can do it. We are all holding you in our thoughts and prayers...even us newbies just into our journey here. Hate to hear of this reoccurrence for you. Keep strong, enjoy the good times, and fight this beast! Hugs
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    aysemari said:

You WOWED me
    Meena,

You are much adored.

Ayse

Everyone loves you Meena and
    Everyone loves you Meena and we are all still praying for you and hoping the chemo works for you with little or no side effects!

Hugs, Diane
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Adding my prayers to all the others
    Dear Meena:

I'm relatively new to this group and have not known you through your journey. Nonetheless, I'm adding my prayers and well wishes to the rest of the ones you've received and are still receiving.

Suzanne
  • MNLynn
    MNLynn Member Posts: 224
    Prayers with you . . .
    Meena,

Just want you to know that my thoughts & prayers are with you along with all the others here . . .

Lynn
  • Megan M
    meena1 said:

Thank you again for such
    Thank you again for such kind words! I am on disability from work, and yesterday was wonderful! I feel better knowing that i do not have to deal with that everyday is a relief. Thinking of the song "I don't have to work, i just want to bang on my drum all day"! Yeah. I guess i will be here with all my chemo woes. I love you ladies, stay strong.

How is your chemo going
    How is your chemo going Meena?

Hugs, Megan
  • Megan M
    MNLynn said:

Prayers with you . . .
    Meena,

Just want you to know that my thoughts & prayers are with you along with all the others here . . .

Lynn

I posted above, but, I doubt
    I posted above, but, I doubt you could find it in all of these wonderful posts to you.

How are you doing on chemo Meena? Are you doing ok or is it harder this time?

How many do you have to have?

Update us so that we know as we all are praying for you!

Hugs, Megan