~~~~~~ What is everyone doing this SUMMER for VACATION? ~~~~~~

13»

Comments

• Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

ROAD TRIP!
    HubbyDearest and I are driving out to Roseville, CA to meet up with his neice and nephew, then we're all going down to Bodega Bay for 4 nights. We are looking so forward to this! We've worked out all our doctor appointments and treatments so there won't be a lot of pressure to get back fast.

Mimivac...I the Bay of Fundy! We went to Nova Scotia in 1974 with our kids. It was incredible! At that time there was a man named Amadee Hoggins, who had made his yard into an attraction. He didn't charge anything for the tour, he just loved meeting and greeting people, and showing them all around his place. He had the "5 great lakes of Canada" dug to scale. I'm sure he's passed on by now, but I've often wondered if any of his kids had carried on his tradition.

This is nice to see what
    This is nice to see what others are doing. Hubby and I have already taken one vacation, just a week, but, it was wonderful! We were down south before that terrible oil spill. Got a great tan and we had so much fun together! We were like a couple of kids. LOL

We still have a couple more planned actually. One will be like some of the rest of you. We rented a huge cabin in the woods, where it is quiet, on 30 acres and it even has its own pond. We are so looking forward to that.

Hubby has several more weeks to take off. He has accumulated a lot of time, so, we are unsure of what to do. Plan on doing some things around here, but, will probably just take off and go wherever.

Just loving to be alive and to be able to go when and where we want.

Have a great vacation bc sisters in pink!

Hugs, Angie
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

25th Wedding Anniv.~
    ~at the end of this month, I will be layin' on a beach in Maui! And finally, I get that convertible car, if only for 8 days.
    Aloha!

Happy 25th anniversary
    Happy 25th anniversary Greeneyed Girl!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    jk1952 said:

I just returned two weeks

I just returned two weeks ago from a 3-week vacation on the west coast of Florida. We sailed for 2-1/2 weeks of this time, spending most of the time anchored in bays. Also, spent three days at South Seas Island Resort on Captiva. Great time and relaxing. No oil problem yet...

Joyce

Nice vacation Joyce! I also
    Nice vacation Joyce! I also love to sail, but, don't get to do it that often.

Happy there was no oil to spoil it.
  • susie09
    mimivac said:

New Brunswick, Canada
    DH and I are headed for a very relaxing week by the Bay of Fundy in early July. There, we will get massages, walk around gardens, take cooking classes, whale watch, sea kayak, horseback ride and eat wonderful meals. I am sooo looking forward to it.

Fun to read about what everyone is doing!

Mimi

Wow Mimi! You are going to
    Wow Mimi! You are going to be doing so much, and, I am sure, having a wonderful time!

This is fun reading what everyone is going to do on vacation.

Glad you like it!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    susie09 said:

I am so sorry MOrtiz that
    I am so sorry MOrtiz that you had to cancel your vacation this year and wish you the best of luck with chemo. But YES, you take 3 or more vacations next year! You deserve it!

Hubby and I will be laying
    Hubby and I will be laying on a beautiful beach soaking up the sun!

KYLEZ ♥
  • Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    Summer of Chemo
    This will be the summer of chemo. We WILL take a long weekend sometime depending on how my wife feels; maybe Amish country in Pennsylvania. I don't think she will be getting on any rollercoasters if we go to an amusement park.
  • hoop77
    hoop77 Member Posts: 84
    Hubby said:

Summer of Chemo
    This will be the summer of chemo. We WILL take a long weekend sometime depending on how my wife feels; maybe Amish country in Pennsylvania. I don't think she will be getting on any rollercoasters if we go to an amusement park.

My daughter will be coming
    My daughter will be coming home from college the 1st week in July and we will be heading to the Caribbean, our favorite place, for 8 wonderful days! This year we are trying Greneda and can't wait! We all love to snorkel and conquer and island when we go. I hope my stamina will be with me so I can keep up with my family and not hold anyone back. Whatever happens, it will be a fabulous vacation because I will have a week with my husband and kids in paradise! Hope you all have a blessed summer!
    Laura
  • susie09
    hoop77 said:

My daughter will be coming
    My daughter will be coming home from college the 1st week in July and we will be heading to the Caribbean, our favorite place, for 8 wonderful days! This year we are trying Greneda and can't wait! We all love to snorkel and conquer and island when we go. I hope my stamina will be with me so I can keep up with my family and not hold anyone back. Whatever happens, it will be a fabulous vacation because I will have a week with my husband and kids in paradise! Hope you all have a blessed summer!
    Laura

Sounds great Laura! I love
    Sounds great Laura! I love snorkeling! The Caribbean is such a great place to go. Have a great time with your family!
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    I hope you all have
    I hope you all have wonderful vacations this summer. My husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in Jamaica the last week in May this year, and I'm sooo grateful we got to have that time together in paradise before I was diagnosed. I'm hoping we can plan a vacation with our girls once I'm done with all the cancer crap!
  • susie09

I hope you all have
    I hope you all have wonderful vacations this summer. My husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in Jamaica the last week in May this year, and I'm sooo grateful we got to have that time together in paradise before I was diagnosed. I'm hoping we can plan a vacation with our girls once I'm done with all the cancer crap!

Great place for your
    Great place for your anniversary Heather! Hoping you get thru your treatments easily and quickly, so, you and your family can have that vacation!
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    susie09 said:

Great place for your
    Great place for your anniversary Heather! Hoping you get thru your treatments easily and quickly, so, you and your family can have that vacation!

Thank you Susie -we stayed
    Thank you Susie -we stayed in Negril and loved the relaxing, laid back atmosphere, and the wonderful people there. We literally spent the entire week doing nothing (well, almost nothing!). Definately my favorite vacation so far.
  • susie09

Thank you Susie -we stayed
    Thank you Susie -we stayed in Negril and loved the relaxing, laid back atmosphere, and the wonderful people there. We literally spent the entire week doing nothing (well, almost nothing!). Definately my favorite vacation so far.

That is my type of vacation
    That is my type of vacation Heather, doing nothing! Sending you a big hug!
  • BethInAz
    BethInAz Member Posts: 203 Member
    Amish country
    We're heading back there - to northern Indiana - Middlebury and Shipshewana - where the life is simple (the Amish show us how it's done) and where you can spend time just chatting with the locals about their woodworking and furniture making. We'd love to get a couple of bikes and pedal around the back roads with the Amish folk but don't know if anybody rents them! I have to look into that. We'll eat lots of good home-cooked food and take long walks through the country side. We count it a blessing to be able to enjoy a spot we love.
    Beth
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    BethInAz said:

Amish country
    We're heading back there - to northern Indiana - Middlebury and Shipshewana - where the life is simple (the Amish show us how it's done) and where you can spend time just chatting with the locals about their woodworking and furniture making. We'd love to get a couple of bikes and pedal around the back roads with the Amish folk but don't know if anybody rents them! I have to look into that. We'll eat lots of good home-cooked food and take long walks through the country side. We count it a blessing to be able to enjoy a spot we love.
    Beth

It's summer and I feel great!
    Going on a month-long sabatical with my dog Emmy! We will camp, hike, and bike together in the plains of the central and SE states. I will laz around and read, paint, and draw ("find myself" as my daughter says). My dog, well, she will probably sleep while I'm doing my soul-searching.

Hubby will be home with his aging dog Michael and my daughter, for most of that time, will be at home working and doing what 22 year-olds do (with some exception, I hope). I'll meet her in Memphis and she will see my folks in Eastern TN for a short visit. Then, I'm back on the road again with just my four-legged friend.

This is my first real vacation since my dx and it should be GRAND!

Pleasant travels to all who are taking to the road, boat, or air. My best to those who cannot travel now, but will be doing this too one day--that's a promise! :)
    dmc
  • susie09
    dmc_emmy said:

It's summer and I feel great!
    Going on a month-long sabatical with my dog Emmy! We will camp, hike, and bike together in the plains of the central and SE states. I will laz around and read, paint, and draw ("find myself" as my daughter says). My dog, well, she will probably sleep while I'm doing my soul-searching.

Hubby will be home with his aging dog Michael and my daughter, for most of that time, will be at home working and doing what 22 year-olds do (with some exception, I hope). I'll meet her in Memphis and she will see my folks in Eastern TN for a short visit. Then, I'm back on the road again with just my four-legged friend.

This is my first real vacation since my dx and it should be GRAND!

Pleasant travels to all who are taking to the road, boat, or air. My best to those who cannot travel now, but will be doing this too one day--that's a promise! :)
    dmc

Long time no see Dmc! What
    Long time no see Dmc! What a great vacation you will have! You deserve it!
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Took FMLA - not much time coming, but...
    We have a big family wedding July 10th. Hubby's daughter and family coming up from Texas - so exciting! All of his children ( and all but 1 of his grandchildren together - a rarity!). A camping trip to Lake Ontario for Labor Day weekend.

Still have limited energy and work sucks most of that out of me, but we have a great back yard and so enjoy just being home, playing with the dogs & lazing with the cats.

Sue