~~~~~~ What is everyone doing this SUMMER for VACATION? ~~~~~~

Options
susie09
susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
With summer being here, I know lots take vacations. So, what are you doing and where are

you going this summer for vacation?


♠♣ ♥ Susie ♠♣
«13

Comments

  • mickeymom
    mickeymom Member Posts: 117
    Options
    I'm loving Tuesdays!
    Tonight my oldest daughter graduates from high school. Next Tuesday school is out for the summer. (I'm a teacher!) The Tuesday after that we are leaving for Maui, Hawaii where I plan to just sit on the beach (covered in sunscreen, of course) with a drink that has one of those little umbrellas in it!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    mickeymom said:

    I'm loving Tuesdays!
    Tonight my oldest daughter graduates from high school. Next Tuesday school is out for the summer. (I'm a teacher!) The Tuesday after that we are leaving for Maui, Hawaii where I plan to just sit on the beach (covered in sunscreen, of course) with a drink that has one of those little umbrellas in it!

    Mickey mom?
    Do you need someone to carry your luggage? lol I would be happy to do it for you! LOL

    Congrats on your daughter's graduation!

    Have fun in Hawaii! Sounds marvelousssssssssssss!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    susie09 said:

    Mickey mom?
    Do you need someone to carry your luggage? lol I would be happy to do it for you! LOL

    Congrats on your daughter's graduation!

    Have fun in Hawaii! Sounds marvelousssssssssssss!

    Vacation!
    Hubby has rented a beautiful cabin in the woods again for us to go to. We can't wait! We have been there before, and, just loved it. It is so relaxing, so much fun. There is a really cool town near by with lots of antique stores, and, just really cute shops. But, it is always so hard to just leave the cabin to go shopping. LOL I might just burn up his credit card though! ( big smile )

    I hope that everyone can get away or at least just get some time off from work to enjoy their summer!

    Sue :)
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    VACATION
    I am heading to Mammoth mountain on Friday to spend a week camping with family from Arizona and Texas enjoying the great outdoors! Sooooo, come Friday I will be absent for awhile.

    RE
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    RE said:

    VACATION
    I am heading to Mammoth mountain on Friday to spend a week camping with family from Arizona and Texas enjoying the great outdoors! Sooooo, come Friday I will be absent for awhile.

    RE

    Plans changed
    We were suppose to go the gulf this summer. We had a beautiful home right on the gulf rented, but, with the oil spill, we have had to cancel it.

    So, we are trying to decide where else we want to go. When we make a decision, I'll let you know.

    Here's to great vacations for everyone!


    Lex♥
  • Third_Generation
    Third_Generation Member Posts: 121
    Options
    Alexis F said:

    Plans changed
    We were suppose to go the gulf this summer. We had a beautiful home right on the gulf rented, but, with the oil spill, we have had to cancel it.

    So, we are trying to decide where else we want to go. When we make a decision, I'll let you know.

    Here's to great vacations for everyone!


    Lex♥

    Malibu California.... whoo
    Malibu California.... whoo hoo. Husband and I are taking two grandgirls: Ali and Elizabeth..my aunt will be there along with 3 or 4 of my cousins and their kids... then on to Buena Park and visit Knott's Berry farm (Snoopy Land for the 6 yr old) and another aunt and uncle visit. Perfect plans..rest of the summer-floating in our pool-RETIRING at the end of this month also..double whoo hoo. Have loved all my years in education, but ready or this now.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    RE said:

    VACATION
    I am heading to Mammoth mountain on Friday to spend a week camping with family from Arizona and Texas enjoying the great outdoors! Sooooo, come Friday I will be absent for awhile.

    RE

    Sounds great Ritzy! Have a
    Sounds great Ritzy! Have a great time!

    Camping sounds like fun Re and to be with a lot of your family, sounds great!

    We will miss you!
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    susie09 said:

    Sounds great Ritzy! Have a
    Sounds great Ritzy! Have a great time!

    Camping sounds like fun Re and to be with a lot of your family, sounds great!

    We will miss you!

    ♥ Susie ♥
    I wish I could tell you all, as it will be fabulous, but I can't. For those that remember, I am in the Government Witness Protection Plan and cannot disclose anything about my location or where I am going. lol So, just know that my husband and I will enjoy it!

    Love, Jeanne ♥
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    Options
    Vacation? Whats that? My
    Vacation? Whats that? My idea of a vacation is not having to take a trip to the doctors office every week.....Now that sounds great....
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    waffle8 said:

    Vacation? Whats that? My
    Vacation? Whats that? My idea of a vacation is not having to take a trip to the doctors office every week.....Now that sounds great....

    Camping, We are going
    Camping, We are going camping a few times this summer.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

    Malibu California.... whoo
    Malibu California.... whoo hoo. Husband and I are taking two grandgirls: Ali and Elizabeth..my aunt will be there along with 3 or 4 of my cousins and their kids... then on to Buena Park and visit Knott's Berry farm (Snoopy Land for the 6 yr old) and another aunt and uncle visit. Perfect plans..rest of the summer-floating in our pool-RETIRING at the end of this month also..double whoo hoo. Have loved all my years in education, but ready or this now.

    Happy vacation and Happy
    Happy vacation and Happy retirement Third Generation!
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    We will be camping here and
    We will be camping here and there mostly on weekends. It will be a surprise when we decide to go.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Going to N.H. for a wedding.

    Going to N.H. for a wedding.
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

    Going to N.H. for a wedding.

    Going to N.H. for a wedding.

    25th Wedding Anniv.~
    ~at the end of this month, I will be layin' on a beach in Maui! And finally, I get that convertible car, if only for 8 days.
    Aloha!
  • MOrtiz0810
    MOrtiz0810 Member Posts: 41
    Options
    No Vacation for me
    Sad to say that since I was diagnosed just a couple of months ago and haven't even started the Chemo yet, I ended up having to cancel my vacation. It was going to be my first time in Napa Valley! But I'm just grateful to be alive, and I already promised myself 3 vacations for next year, to make up for the lost vacation this year!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    waffle8 said:

    Vacation? Whats that? My
    Vacation? Whats that? My idea of a vacation is not having to take a trip to the doctors office every week.....Now that sounds great....

    LOL @ Jeanne D government
    LOL @ Jeanne D government witness protection program.

    Sorry Waffle that you have so many doctor appointments. I hope you get a break soon.
  • Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    We live on beach time
    We will be busy with an addition of an ADA bathroom for my husband. I have been on vacation for 3 years now that I am retired. But taking care of the hubby is no vacation. He's more work than a house full of kids, that's because he is just one big kid. Everyone enjoy your quiet time.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

    Going to N.H. for a wedding.

    Going to N.H. for a wedding.

    Have fun Kat and Marcia
    Have fun Kat and Marcia camping! That sounds like fun!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

    No Vacation for me
    Sad to say that since I was diagnosed just a couple of months ago and haven't even started the Chemo yet, I ended up having to cancel my vacation. It was going to be my first time in Napa Valley! But I'm just grateful to be alive, and I already promised myself 3 vacations for next year, to make up for the lost vacation this year!

    I am so sorry MOrtiz that
    I am so sorry MOrtiz that you had to cancel your vacation this year and wish you the best of luck with chemo. But YES, you take 3 or more vacations next year! You deserve it!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    It's complicated...
    Going home. To my other home. The Netherlands is beautiful this time of year. And it stays light till almost 11pm...LOTS of time for fun!!!

    Traveling. Cruise the Mediteranean. Visiting Germany.

    Yeah yeah, I know....sounds like so much...but, remember, I spent 2 straight crummy years most of the time in a hospital...so, I'm living life large!!! (I'll post pics, if you'd like!)

    BIG hugs...you CAN and WILL get thru this!!!

    Hugs, Kathi