~~~~~~ What is everyone doing this SUMMER for VACATION? ~~~~~~

Comments

• susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    KathiM said:

It's complicated...
    Going home. To my other home. The Netherlands is beautiful this time of year. And it stays light till almost 11pm...LOTS of time for fun!!!

Traveling. Cruise the Mediteranean. Visiting Germany.

Yeah yeah, I know....sounds like so much...but, remember, I spent 2 straight crummy years most of the time in a hospital...so, I'm living life large!!! (I'll post pics, if you'd like!)

BIG hugs...you CAN and WILL get thru this!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Got room in your suitcase
    Got room in your suitcase for me Kathi? LOL Sounds like a great summer! Enjoy it!
  • karinna
    karinna Member Posts: 42
    KathiM said:

It's complicated...
    Going home. To my other home. The Netherlands is beautiful this time of year. And it stays light till almost 11pm...LOTS of time for fun!!!

Yeah yeah, I know....sounds like so much...but, remember, I spent 2 straight crummy years most of the time in a hospital...so, I'm living life large!!! (I'll post pics, if you'd like!)

Hugs, Kathi

Oh what interesting lives
    Oh what interesting lives you gals live!! I am happy for those of you getting away and enjoying yourselves. I'm sticking around but I get to babysit for my new grand-baby. She's beautiful! I'm so thankful to have her to hold and love on.

Have fun girls!

Karinna
  • gobluegirl90
    gobluegirl90 Member Posts: 53
    karinna said:

Oh what interesting lives you gals live!! I am happy for those of you getting away and enjoying yourselves. I'm sticking around but I get to babysit for my new grand-baby. She's beautiful! I'm so thankful to have her to hold and love on.

Have fun girls!

Karinna

Grand Cayman
    We were paid and scheduled to leave for Grand Cayman, actually this Thursday (which is my 3 rd round of 4 of AC) We rented a 2 bedroom condo on the beach, my hubby, kids and I went there last year and loved it, best snorkeling ever...My husband and I had been there 4 months before our family vacation last year with the kids. But I was diagnosed with BC, and had to cancel our vacation this year, I am hitting this Cancer with everything they have to give me, and not going to miss a beat...
    My fight comes first. With that said, my lady we rented from, said we could pre-book the same week in June of 2011....so I plan on being on the beach laying in a hammock on the beach sipping Mango Daiquiris and snorkeling the reef with the family, and dancing with NED, I hope to take NED with me to Grand Cayman. lol
    So it will be vacations in our back yard by our pool, and grilling out and watching movies with the kids.
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    KathiM said:

It's complicated...

Hugs, Kathi

My first vacation since BC!!
    Since this began i havent been able to do anything but go to doctors appointments, chemo and surgeries, and still doing it...and i have surgery again in July. I told my better half that im getting cabin fever and going crazy being sick all the time and cooped up...soooo, he promised me the 1st of September (after i completely heal from my surgery) he was going to take me for a scenic drive from Iowa, to washington, down hwy 1 in california, threw Arizonia to Colorado and back to Iowa...during this drive he said we can go to Yellowstone, the grand canyon ect ect....so it will be a great time...im excited i cant wait...cuz i love to travel!
    Then my sisters told me that we are going on vacation next summer...just us girls, to celebrate when this is all done. They told me to pick the place.....how cool is that!!
    Now the pressure is on in deciding where to go.....but it has to be tropical with alot of watersports and cool siteseeing. Any suggestions...cuz i was thinkin the Bahamas or Hawaii something like that!
    I love my sisters they can be soo cool sometimes!
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Kat11 said:

Camping, We are going
    Camping, We are going camping a few times this summer.

:-)
    I love camping, where abouts will you be going? We are headed to Mammouth Mountain this weekend.
  • joan_doyle
    joan_doyle Member Posts: 29
    jo jo said:

Since this began i havent been able to do anything but go to doctors appointments, chemo and surgeries, and still doing it...and i have surgery again in July. I told my better half that im getting cabin fever and going crazy being sick all the time and cooped up...soooo, he promised me the 1st of September (after i completely heal from my surgery) he was going to take me for a scenic drive from Iowa, to washington, down hwy 1 in california, threw Arizonia to Colorado and back to Iowa...during this drive he said we can go to Yellowstone, the grand canyon ect ect....so it will be a great time...im excited i cant wait...cuz i love to travel!
    Then my sisters told me that we are going on vacation next summer...just us girls, to celebrate when this is all done. They told me to pick the place.....how cool is that!!
    Now the pressure is on in deciding where to go.....but it has to be tropical with alot of watersports and cool siteseeing. Any suggestions...cuz i was thinkin the Bahamas or Hawaii something like that!

still in treatment
    I will be dreaming of sunshine and lovely meals out in fab restaurents - not to worry I will travel again - normally go to Lanzarote in the canary islands - very little sunshine in Ireland - roll on treatment and let me spread my wings - you guys all have a fab time and enjoy every second of every minute you deserve it Cheers Joan
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    vacation on hold
    still in treatment...chemo through September, Rads into November (had to cancel my November Keys trip when learned last week I will need Rads after chemo)........so summer is shot....but giving December time to recoup, then January I am off to Mexico again I hope!
    Glad to hear so many of you have wonderful plans to enjoy life this summer...you deserve it after all you have been through and accomplished, Enjoy!!!!!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    susie09 said:

Got room in your suitcase
    Got room in your suitcase for me Kathi? LOL Sounds like a great summer! Enjoy it!

Going out West! It is so
    Going out West! It is so beautiful in Colorado, Wyoming and Montana. Just love going out there.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member

25th Wedding Anniv.~
    ~at the end of this month, I will be layin' on a beach in Maui! And finally, I get that convertible car, if only for 8 days.
    Aloha!

WhooHoo!
    Congrats as that is a great accomplishment! What a wonderful way to celebrate! Have a restful and terrific break.
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    cavediver said:

vacation on hold
    still in treatment...chemo through September, Rads into November (had to cancel my November Keys trip when learned last week I will need Rads after chemo)........so summer is shot....but giving December time to recoup, then January I am off to Mexico again I hope!
    Glad to hear so many of you have wonderful plans to enjoy life this summer...you deserve it after all you have been through and accomplished, Enjoy!!!!!

I just returned two weeks

I just returned two weeks ago from a 3-week vacation on the west coast of Florida. We sailed for 2-1/2 weeks of this time, spending most of the time anchored in bays. Also, spent three days at South Seas Island Resort on Captiva. Great time and relaxing. No oil problem yet...

Joyce
  • susie09

25th Wedding Anniv.~
    ~at the end of this month, I will be layin' on a beach in Maui! And finally, I get that convertible car, if only for 8 days.
    Aloha!

Big congrats on your 25th
    Big congrats on your 25th anniversary! Aloha!!!
  • GregStahl
    GregStahl Member Posts: 188
    As many
    have stated above, Ruby and I are just starting this journey so this is more like a staycation. Since I an no longer a salaried employee and back to hourly, I have to use vacation time going to Dr appts with her, the 4 days for surgeries, etc. I have 6 weeks vacation time, but afraid to use it.
  • susie09
    karinna said:

Have fun girls!

Karinna

Oh Debby M, out west is so
    Oh Debby M, out west is so beautiful! The scenery is totally awesome! Have fun!

Karinna, babysitting a new grandbaby is such a gift! I know you will love holding that beautiful child!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

WhooHoo!
    Congrats as that is a great accomplishment! What a wonderful way to celebrate! Have a restful and terrific break.

That is a great way to
    That is a great way to celebrate Green Eyed girl! Congratulations!
  • susie09

Grand Cayman
    We were paid and scheduled to leave for Grand Cayman, actually this Thursday (which is my 3 rd round of 4 of AC) We rented a 2 bedroom condo on the beach, my hubby, kids and I went there last year and loved it, best snorkeling ever...My husband and I had been there 4 months before our family vacation last year with the kids. But I was diagnosed with BC, and had to cancel our vacation this year, I am hitting this Cancer with everything they have to give me, and not going to miss a beat...
    My fight comes first. With that said, my lady we rented from, said we could pre-book the same week in June of 2011....so I plan on being on the beach laying in a hammock on the beach sipping Mango Daiquiris and snorkeling the reef with the family, and dancing with NED, I hope to take NED with me to Grand Cayman. lol
    So it will be vacations in our back yard by our pool, and grilling out and watching movies with the kids.

Gobluegirl90, you hit cancer
    Gobluegirl90, you hit cancer with all that you can! And, look forward to that vacation next year! Good luck!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    New Brunswick, Canada
    DH and I are headed for a very relaxing week by the Bay of Fundy in early July. There, we will get massages, walk around gardens, take cooking classes, whale watch, sea kayak, horseback ride and eat wonderful meals. I am sooo looking forward to it.

Fun to read about what everyone is doing!

Mimi
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    RE said:

:-)
    I love camping, where abouts will you be going? We are headed to Mammouth Mountain this weekend.

All of these posts are
    All of these posts are giving me some ideas. Hmm, Hawaii sounds pretty darn good!
  • susie09

Going to N.H. for a wedding.

Going to N.H. for a wedding.

Enjoy the wedding Cynthia!
    Enjoy the wedding Cynthia! Love that pic!
  • susie09
    jo jo said:

Your scenic drive sounds so
    Your scenic drive sounds so nice jojo! You will love it!

And, to be with your sisters for a girlie getaway! Terrific!
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    mimivac said:

New Brunswick, Canada
    DH and I are headed for a very relaxing week by the Bay of Fundy in early July. There, we will get massages, walk around gardens, take cooking classes, whale watch, sea kayak, horseback ride and eat wonderful meals. I am sooo looking forward to it.

Fun to read about what everyone is doing!

Mimi

ROAD TRIP!
    HubbyDearest and I are driving out to Roseville, CA to meet up with his neice and nephew, then we're all going down to Bodega Bay for 4 nights. We are looking so forward to this! We've worked out all our doctor appointments and treatments so there won't be a lot of pressure to get back fast.

Mimivac...I the Bay of Fundy! We went to Nova Scotia in 1974 with our kids. It was incredible! At that time there was a man named Amadee Hoggins, who had made his yard into an attraction. He didn't charge anything for the tour, he just loved meeting and greeting people, and showing them all around his place. He had the "5 great lakes of Canada" dug to scale. I'm sure he's passed on by now, but I've often wondered if any of his kids had carried on his tradition.