My cancer is back......been here so long

Comments

• DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

Im sure the other BC sites
    Im sure the other BC sites listed are excellent and focus on recurring BC. I also know there are many women here on CSN that have had one or more BC recurrences and have been members for here for years. The CSN site goes back almost 10 years with thousands of posts on BC board from those with every type of BC and in all stages from dx BC members as well as those with recurring BC.

This is a great site! You
    This is a great site! You are so right HeartofSoul!
  • DebbyM
    meena1 said:

Thank you for you responses.
    Thank you for you responses. I will fight! I will keep you posted, ugh! I hate to come here with bad news, but that is what cancer is. Take care. I am still reading all the posts, so i am prepared

Meena, you keep fighting!
    Meena, you keep fighting! And, when you feel weak, find strength in us!

Hugs, Debby
  • DebbyM
    meena1 said:

Thank you for you responses. I will fight! I will keep you posted, ugh! I hate to come here with bad news, but that is what cancer is. Take care. I am still reading all the posts, so i am prepared

double post
  • DebbyM
    meena1 said:

triple post sorry :(
    triple post sorry :(
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Meena, I am so sorry to hear
    Meena, I am so sorry to hear your cancer is back. I am glad you are posting- it is your turn to be supported. My thoughts are with you.
    Brenda

Just wanted you to know
    Just wanted you to know Meena that I was thinking of you today and saying prayers for you!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Meena, I am so sorry to hear
    Meena, I am so sorry to hear your cancer is back. I am glad you are posting- it is your turn to be supported. My thoughts are with you.
    Brenda

Just wanted you to know
    Just wanted you to know Meena that I was thinking of you today and saying prayers for you!
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    DebbyM said:

This is a great site! You
    This is a great site! You are so right HeartofSoul!

Dear Meena
    I am heartbroken at the news of your reoccurance. You will fight this and Win! we are all hear with you for support hope and love. Just want you to know you are in my prayers.
    love, jackie
  • Chrispea
    Chrispea Member Posts: 123 Member
    I am so sorry this has happened to you. I know it is all our worst fear.

I am going to recommend a book for you to read, it's called "Anti Cancer A New Way of Life"

The man who wrote it is a doctor who had brain cancer twice. The first time after his brain cancer was treated with chemo and surgery, he went back to his normal way of life. A few years later, his cancer came back. So this time he did some research as to why, and he found out that there are certain foods that we can eat to help kill cancer cells, number one being broccoli (cabbage, cauliflower, bok choy - those kinds). He started to change the way he ate, along with getting chemo and more surgery, but it has been 15+ years now since that second cancer.

It really makes sense if you read the book. And I'm not saying broccoli will cure cancer. You will still need to do what the doctors tell you and get chemo, but read the book and start to eat better according to the top 10 foods.

I'm eating this way, and I'm still getting chemo... I didn't do it with my first chemo, but this chemo I'm not having such bad side effects.

I will keep you in my prayers.
  • Chrispea
    Chrispea Member Posts: 123 Member
    LInk to book
    Here's a link to the Anti cancer book on Amazon

Listen to his video on Amazon... seriously, if I ever meet this guy or see him on the street in Pittsburgh (he lives in Pittsburgh, and I'm not too far away!) I will give him a big hug. I feel like he's changed my life for the better.

http://www.amazon.com/Anticancer-MD-PhD-David-Servan-Schreiber/dp/0670021644/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276528289&sr=1-1

{{{hugs}}}
    Chris
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Chrispea said:

LInk to book

Listen to his video on Amazon... seriously, if I ever meet this guy or see him on the street in Pittsburgh (he lives in Pittsburgh, and I'm not too far away!) I will give him a big hug. I feel like he's changed my life for the better.

http://www.amazon.com/Anticancer-MD-PhD-David-Servan-Schreiber/dp/0670021644/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276528289&sr=1-1

{{{hugs}}}
    Chris

Meena, just wanted to drop in and tell you that you have prayers coming your way from a host of individuals who are on my prayer chain. This cancer stuff just stinks, and with the last three postings of recurrence on this Board, including you and Chen, I just get more and more angry. We need to hold strong, stick together, and encourage every step of the way, while in our own life we are battling the beast as well. Tomorrow is my six month mammogram, and I am scared to death. However, I know that whatever the outcome, I will be fine. You will do well with treatment, and know that there are a lot of fellow survivors out here who are behind you 110%. Keep us posted. Hugs, Judy
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Chrispea said:

LInk to book

{{{hugs}}}
    Chris

Thanks for this link Chris!

• Megan M
    marcine60 said:

The return of cancer
    This is my first time on and you are the first person that I have emailed or read their post. I got on this because my daughter is fighting cancer. She is 38 with a 3.5 year old. I know she will beat it like a lot of my other friends over the year. But, my concern was the amount of chemo that they are giving her. It will not be in a vein but her chest cavity for more aggressiveness therapy.
    Regardless of this, I know you can beat it again. You beat it once, so why can't you do it again. You know the routine, as you said. It is just bothersome, huh? I have one friend particular, Kathy O., that got it twice and both times she beat it. Technology today is so outstanding then even a year ago. I am new at this, so please forgive me. Good luck to you. Sincerely

Sending prayers for your
    Sending prayers for your daughter marcine!
  • Paula1001
    Paula1001 Member Posts: 35
    Megan M said:

First, I'm really sorry to hear that the "McNasty" has come back. Yes, a Grey's Anatomy fan, LOL.

You sound like you've got a strong attitude and, like you said, you know what you're in for this time. At least you don't have to fear the unknown. I've added you to our prayer chain, unrelated to this forum, so there's a little more push for the best outcome.

Good luck.

Paula
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    marcine60 said:

The return of cancer
    This is my first time on and you are the first person that I have emailed or read their post. I got on this because my daughter is fighting cancer. She is 38 with a 3.5 year old. I know she will beat it like a lot of my other friends over the year. But, my concern was the amount of chemo that they are giving her. It will not be in a vein but her chest cavity for more aggressiveness therapy.
    Regardless of this, I know you can beat it again. You beat it once, so why can't you do it again. You know the routine, as you said. It is just bothersome, huh? I have one friend particular, Kathy O., that got it twice and both times she beat it. Technology today is so outstanding then even a year ago. I am new at this, so please forgive me. Good luck to you. Sincerely

The return of cancer is what
    The return of cancer is what scares all of us. It is so great to see the circle of friends supporting you. Remember that!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    marcine60 said:

The return of cancer

So sorry about your
    So sorry about your daughter. She will beat it! Praying for her also!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Chrispea said:

I am so sorry this has happened to you. I know it is all our worst fear.

I am going to recommend a book for you to read, it's called "Anti Cancer A New Way of Life"

The man who wrote it is a doctor who had brain cancer twice. The first time after his brain cancer was treated with chemo and surgery, he went back to his normal way of life. A few years later, his cancer came back. So this time he did some research as to why, and he found out that there are certain foods that we can eat to help kill cancer cells, number one being broccoli (cabbage, cauliflower, bok choy - those kinds). He started to change the way he ate, along with getting chemo and more surgery, but it has been 15+ years now since that second cancer.

It really makes sense if you read the book. And I'm not saying broccoli will cure cancer. You will still need to do what the doctors tell you and get chemo, but read the book and start to eat better according to the top 10 foods.

I'm eating this way, and I'm still getting chemo... I didn't do it with my first chemo, but this chemo I'm not having such bad side effects.

I will keep you in my prayers.

I am getting this book
    I am getting this book Chris. It was on my list, and, I just forgot about it until now. Thanks for the reminder!
  • Megan M

Meena the Great
    Hi Meena,

Man oh man, cancer is like a bad house guest that just keeps coming back. You cook, you clean, you even take a break after its gone but it just doesn't get the message! I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this all over again. Plain and simple-it stinks.

This time around though you know your way around. You won't feel like you're at everyone's mercy because you have no idea what you're doing and who to trust.

Please keep posting so we can keep sending love and thoughts your way.

I couldn't have gotten through this without my wonderful Invisible Sisters!

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom
    www.mymastectomyonline.com

Hey Meena. Like Samurai Mom
    Hey Meena. Like Samurai Mom wrote, keep posting. Let us know how your insurance is going. Praying they ok the chemo that is best for you!

Hugs,Megan
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    SIROD said:

Forums Dealing with Mets
    You need to go to forums dealing with metastasis breast cancer. The women there are dealing and living with the disease daily and forever more.

This website deals with the newly diagnose and that is very good and useful when you hear the words "You have cancer".

When you hear those other words "your cancer has spread to another organ", you need a place to learn and share with women who are the same.

Here are the web forums that gave me hope.

http://www.bcmets.org/

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8

http://www.inspire.com/groups/advanced-breast-cancer/new/active/

Best,

SIrod

I certainly wish you all the
    I certainly wish you all the best sirod!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member

You Can Do This
    Dear Meena,

I am so, so sorry to hear this. Good for you that you kept standing up and insisting that something was wrong. That insistence and that fighting spirit will get you through this. Don't look at the big picture, just focus on today, on getting through today. I'm praying that your doctors would have wisdom, that you would have strength (physical and emotional) to make it through the treatments.

Praying for you, my dear sister in pink.
    Love and hugs,
    dh

I am deeply sorry Meena!
    I am deeply sorry Meena! Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts!

♥ Kristin ♥
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member

You Can Do This
    Dear Meena,

I am so, so sorry to hear this. Good for you that you kept standing up and insisting that something was wrong. That insistence and that fighting spirit will get you through this. Don't look at the big picture, just focus on today, on getting through today. I'm praying that your doctors would have wisdom, that you would have strength (physical and emotional) to make it through the treatments.

Praying for you, my dear sister in pink.
    Love and hugs,
    dh

I am deeply sorry Meena!
    I am deeply sorry Meena! Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts!

♥ Kristin ♥