Help me, guys...I'm sad....

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
...and stumbling...

I just found out that a very dear friend has a reoccurance of her breast cancer, mets to the liver...

I know this isn't about me, but I feel so helpless....if you could spare a thought or a prayer for my friend, please do.

Hugs, Kathi

(I threw out my back on Tuesday, can hardly move, feeling sorry for myself already...now this...tears are falling...)

Comments

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sorry
    Prayers are on the way for your friend. Hoping that she gets treatment soon so she can beat this disease. Sorry about your back too. When that goes out it seems like your whole body just doesn't want to respond to anything. Wishing you both feel better soon.

Kim
  • KathiM

Sorry
    Prayers are on the way for your friend. Hoping that she gets treatment soon so she can beat this disease. Sorry about your back too. When that goes out it seems like your whole body just doesn't want to respond to anything. Wishing you both feel better soon.

Kim

Thank you, Kim!
    Yes, she is an 'old pro' at this...they will do VERY aggressive chemo, etc...but it's been 7 years clean...where did that magic 5 years go to????

Thank you for your kind words,

Hugs, Kathi
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Kathi:(
    Dear Kathi

I'm sorry to hear from your dear friend. I can feel your heartbreak in your post.

Breast cancer seems to be a very formidable beast - our 5 year markers don't always mean as much in their world.

My wife's aunt had breast cancer and beat it - she even went 10 years with no recurrence - and then one day WHAMMO - recurrence of breast cancer she beat it again.

So, their lives have alot of worries too and it's just awful.

The message that I would send your friend is YOU - there is no one I know better who could be a comfort to her that would be better - and perhaps, in a strange twist, she will be the one comforting you with her strength and courage.

You two ladies together are a formidable team and a great alliance - I'd hate to be cancer and facing off against the both of you:)

I know you are hurtin' real good today, but if I know my Kathi, cancer better scoot on away from her friend while it still has the chance.

I hope all goes well, Kathi - a dear friend like you is a blessing in her time of need - together I feel you will both overcome this and have a long friendship together - you'll get old together and look back and think what you both conquered.

-Craig
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Oh Kathi,
    I am so sorry to

Oh Kathi,

I am so sorry to hear of your friend's recurrence. And I am sorry for your back pain. I know you are going to be a big help to your friend, but it is difficult when you are in physical pain yourself. You will get through this back pain + then will be able to help your friend. It is doubly hard to deal with things when you are in pain. Warm healing thoughts are coming your way, for you + your friend.
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    AnneCan said:

Oh Kathi,
    I am so sorry to

Oh Kathi,

I am so sorry to hear of your friend's recurrence. And I am sorry for your back pain. I know you are going to be a big help to your friend, but it is difficult when you are in physical pain yourself. You will get through this back pain + then will be able to help your friend. It is doubly hard to deal with things when you are in pain. Warm healing thoughts are coming your way, for you + your friend.

It wont
    get past us...we'll form of chain of arms, and together we will stand to the fight of you and your friends cancer, and your poor back! once there's trouble in the back, things are just never the same, is it. We will all overlook the ocean during it's battle on a sunset night. I pray that this will be beaten, she's done it before, and she'll do it again! Let your friend know she's in our thoughts and lots of positive energy is going her way. I hope that back of yours gets better too!!! (were you dancing on a bar again throwing your bra around????) you have to calm yourself girl lol...

We'll be here whenever you and your friend need a chat, or just to vent. Give her big hugs from us :)

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Kathi
    Hi Kathi,

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I know it's devastating to hear news like this in friends, especially when it's a shocker because you thought that person had "beat" cancer. It's a scare when it stirs up that fear in yourself as well, of course. Then you've got this back pain to deal with too- it's all too much...
    Here's a cyberhug and some prayers for you...

By the way, have you ever tried acupuncture for the back pain? I don't think I will ever go to a chiropractor again- the acupuncture has had amazing results for my lower back spinal/sacral pain- really! It's been more so-so on other things, but overnight amazing results for the back.

Thinking of you and praying for you and your friend-
    Lisa
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    lisa42 said:

Kathi
    Hi Kathi,

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I know it's devastating to hear news like this in friends, especially when it's a shocker because you thought that person had "beat" cancer. It's a scare when it stirs up that fear in yourself as well, of course. Then you've got this back pain to deal with too- it's all too much...
    Here's a cyberhug and some prayers for you...

By the way, have you ever tried acupuncture for the back pain? I don't think I will ever go to a chiropractor again- the acupuncture has had amazing results for my lower back spinal/sacral pain- really! It's been more so-so on other things, but overnight amazing results for the back.

Thinking of you and praying for you and your friend-
    Lisa

I hate it!!!
    crappiola!!! why doesn't cancer take a break....Kathi that is so heartbreaking after all those years. What devastating news....

big big cyber hugs for you and your friend.....

mags
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Kathi
    I am so sorry about your friend's recurrence and your back ouch.

My dear elderly neighbors lost their daughter in law last summer to breast cancer, it had metastasized to her brain, no where else, age 50, and she opted for no treatment after a few opinions. She had been in remission for 20 years, origianally having it at age 30. Personally I think 5 years is a goal and after that it is a crap shoot. Breast cancer treatment has come a long way in the last few years so just be her friend and be there for her as she resumes treatment.

Take care - Tina
  • vchildbeloved
    vchildbeloved Member Posts: 133
    Prayer is something that I can do!
    Hi Kathi, it's been a while since my last post and to open up and read about your friend really touched my heart. I am praying for her and for you as well. Please update us on her condition and your back pain.

Sincere wishes

Valerie
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Prayers are right on the
    Prayers are right on the way.I know it can be very complicated feelings when you hear somebody you know have reoccurance.I pray for both you and your friend.Hopefully your friend and doctor have a plan for next step,and you can find peace in heart.Take care.
  • chicoturner
    chicoturner Member Posts: 282
    Kathi sorry for your sad
    Kathi sorry for your sad news. We understand it, that's why we take it so hard, but please tell your friend that even though she doesn't know us, we care and are praying for her. Hope you are feeling better and strong soon too! Jean
  • coolvdub
    coolvdub Member Posts: 408 Member

Kathi sorry for your sad
    Kathi sorry for your sad news. We understand it, that's why we take it so hard, but please tell your friend that even though she doesn't know us, we care and are praying for her. Hope you are feeling better and strong soon too! Jean

Sad news
    Hi Kathi,

So sorry your back is giving you trouble, take it easy and I'm sure you will be better in a few days. I'm equally sorry to find out about your friends recurrence, breast cancer really seems to be prevelant these days. I know when I was going through Chemo, the ladies with breast cancer far outnumbered those of us being treated for Colorectal cancer. But these ladies were always in good spirits, they were a source of inspiration for me while on treatment. I will be praying for you and your friend.

Don
  • greybeard
    greybeard Member Posts: 24
    sorry
    sorry to hear about your friends recurrance and your back! I am sure this is a tough one for you to handle on alot of levels. I am sending good vibes, thoughts, prayers, etc. for your friend and for you. Neither of you are alone in this, bless ya both
    chris
  • Eltina21
    Eltina21 Member Posts: 173 Member
    Your Friend
    Dear Kathi,
    My prayers are with you and your friend.
    Peace and Blessings,
    Karen
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Kathi........
    You said that you threw your back out Tuesday....thats from carrying the load that you carry with you constantly, being ever vigilant, loving and caring for and to others, for struggling not only for yourself but for everyone else in here. No wonder your down in your back. Your friend will have all the prayer and consolation she will ever need mostly because she has you for a friend, confidant, and co/caregiver. What more could anyone ever ask for. We will keep you and her both in our thoughts and prayers, in hopes that better times will follow....Love to you and her both.....Clift
  • KathiM
    A big thank you to my semi-colon family!!!!
    I came here for comfort, and you all took time out from your own busy lives to give it to me!!!!

I thank each and every one of you for your warm and kind words!!!

Today, Saturday, I feel better. Both physically (went to doc yesterday, he said nothing is broken, but that my beau needs to pay a porter to carry the bags when we fly to Holland in less than 2 weeks!) and spiritually. I guess I always cling to that magic 5 years...and took her reoccurance very much to my personal 'what if' situation!

I know that she will fight like a tiger, as she did before! And she has a wonderful guy that will support her thru it. It so helps that you all added your prayers!!!

Warmest, biggest hugs!
    Kathi
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    I am sorry
    I will pray for your friend and for your back. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

HUGS
    Beth
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Sorry
    Kathi,

I'll pray for your friend AND you!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Oh Kathi
    Kathi,
    I'm saying a prayer for both of you.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    KathiM said:

A big thank you to my semi-colon family!!!!
    I came here for comfort, and you all took time out from your own busy lives to give it to me!!!!

I thank each and every one of you for your warm and kind words!!!

Today, Saturday, I feel better. Both physically (went to doc yesterday, he said nothing is broken, but that my beau needs to pay a porter to carry the bags when we fly to Holland in less than 2 weeks!) and spiritually. I guess I always cling to that magic 5 years...and took her reoccurance very much to my personal 'what if' situation!

I know that she will fight like a tiger, as she did before! And she has a wonderful guy that will support her thru it. It so helps that you all added your prayers!!!

Warmest, biggest hugs!
    Kathi

Oh Kathi
    Glad to hear the roller coaster has headed back up. Cancer sure gives you quite a ride no matter whether you're sitting right in the front or not. Take care as you do. My best wishes for your dear friend.

all the best, Leslie