My cancer is back......been here so long

meena1
meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I finally have the courage to post this. I do not want to scare anyone who has breast cancer, i have a rare aggressive cancer. I have posted and tried to encourage all the newbies, and now i need encouragement. i was diagnosed july 8, 2008. I had chemo, masectomy and rads. I was declared NED in Oct 2009. In Feb, i started feeling tired, and some backpain. Blood tests came back ok, i kept feeling bad, blamed it on stress of work etc. Finally, in April i started have stomach pain, doctor diagnosed indigestion. ok, still not better. i had a CAT scan over a week ago. I got the results on Thursday, the cancer has spread to my liver, and some lymph nodes. My liver is swollen and is pressing on my other organs causing this pain. So, i go back into chemo next Thursday. I am discourged right now, i hope that i can fight this and that this pain will end soon. I know the routine, i know what is coming. I am not scared. Take care, and remember that we know our bodies better than anyone. If you do not feel comfortable, insist on more testing.

Comments

• Cindy Bear
    Cindy Bear Member Posts: 569
    Hi Meena
    Meena, I am so sorry to hear your news. I don't usually visit the BC board, but I do have a good friend that went thru treatment a couple of years ago and sometimes I just like to drop in. You sound like a very strong and wise person and I pray that your next course of treatment will be successful. You beat the beast once, you can beat it again. I wanted to comment on your remark about we know our own bodies better than anyone. How true. My mother passed away from Stage IV uterine cancer last year. She had been complaining of back pain and hip pain and shortness of breath. The pain was brushed off as arthritis and the SOB was "age related asthma" She grew up in the age that you didn't questions drs. If she had, she might still be with us. My BIL is battling Esoph. cancer now. He was having symptoms that were brushed off as heartburn, acid reflux etc. He finally told the dr. this isn't heartburn, send me for more tests. I myself have a hard time being assertive when I'm at the doctor. I am fortunate that my gyn. tends to err on the side of caution. I can't say the same about my GP. Good luck to you and please know you are in our thoughts and prayers.
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808

Hi Meena
    Meena, I am so sorry to hear your news. I don't usually visit the BC board, but I do have a good friend that went thru treatment a couple of years ago and sometimes I just like to drop in. You sound like a very strong and wise person and I pray that your next course of treatment will be successful. You beat the beast once, you can beat it again. I wanted to comment on your remark about we know our own bodies better than anyone. How true. My mother passed away from Stage IV uterine cancer last year. She had been complaining of back pain and hip pain and shortness of breath. The pain was brushed off as arthritis and the SOB was "age related asthma" She grew up in the age that you didn't questions drs. If she had, she might still be with us. My BIL is battling Esoph. cancer now. He was having symptoms that were brushed off as heartburn, acid reflux etc. He finally told the dr. this isn't heartburn, send me for more tests. I myself have a hard time being assertive when I'm at the doctor. I am fortunate that my gyn. tends to err on the side of caution. I can't say the same about my GP. Good luck to you and please know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Dear Meena, I too am sorry
    Dear Meena, I too am sorry to hear your latest news. You have been such a positive influence for me and helped me by your comments during some of my rough times. I think you are so strong and courageous and I know you will find the strength to battle this beast once again and this time once and for all get it out of your system. Pain can make us lose our focus and takes our strength so my prayer is that you get relief from the pain quickly and then you can marshall the forces you need to beat this beast. We're here for you and hope you feel the love coming thru our posts to you. Our thoughts and prayers are being lifted up for you. Take care, brave heart.
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Hello Meena,
    I am so sorry to hear that your cancer has come back. I have Inflammatory breast cancer. You are a very strong lady. You have beat this beast once you will do it again. I also agree with you that we all know our own bodies and should listen to them. You are a inspiration, a very courageous lady. You have lit the way for many including me.
    Take care You will be in my prayers and thoughts. Please let us know how you are doing..
  • meena1

Hello Meena,
    I am so sorry to hear that your cancer has come back. I have Inflammatory breast cancer. You are a very strong lady. You have beat this beast once you will do it again. I also agree with you that we all know our own bodies and should listen to them. You are a inspiration, a very courageous lady. You have lit the way for many including me.
    Take care You will be in my prayers and thoughts. Please let us know how you are doing..

Thank you for you responses.
    Thank you for you responses. I will fight! I will keep you posted, ugh! I hate to come here with bad news, but that is what cancer is. Take care. I am still reading all the posts, so i am prepared
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    meena1 said:

Thank you for you responses.
    Thank you for you responses. I will fight! I will keep you posted, ugh! I hate to come here with bad news, but that is what cancer is. Take care. I am still reading all the posts, so i am prepared

You Can Do This
    Dear Meena,

I am so, so sorry to hear this. Good for you that you kept standing up and insisting that something was wrong. That insistence and that fighting spirit will get you through this. Don't look at the big picture, just focus on today, on getting through today. I'm praying that your doctors would have wisdom, that you would have strength (physical and emotional) to make it through the treatments.

Praying for you, my dear sister in pink.
    Love and hugs,
    dh
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Sorry
    Meena,

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this again. You are strong and I hope you feel better after starting your chemo next week.

I know what you mean when you say we know our bodies better than anyone. I went to the ER last Friday night for numbness and swelling in both arms and both legs. It was REALLY noticable and I was afraid of what it may be. They did all the tests - blood/urine/EKG and everything came back normal. This week I have seen my regular doctor for a follow up and a neurologist today to see if they could figure anything out. Nothing. I am in pain, don't feel right and no one can tell me why. It is very frustrating. I am now on 6 different medications each day and just wonder what is coming next.

Take care of yourself and keep us posted on how your treatment is going.

Wolfi
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Wolfi said:

Sorry
    Meena,

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this again. You are strong and I hope you feel better after starting your chemo next week.

I know what you mean when you say we know our bodies better than anyone. I went to the ER last Friday night for numbness and swelling in both arms and both legs. It was REALLY noticable and I was afraid of what it may be. They did all the tests - blood/urine/EKG and everything came back normal. This week I have seen my regular doctor for a follow up and a neurologist today to see if they could figure anything out. Nothing. I am in pain, don't feel right and no one can tell me why. It is very frustrating. I am now on 6 different medications each day and just wonder what is coming next.

Wolfi

What an amazing person you are!!!
    Here you are, floored and devastated by your body and you're worried that you might scare newbies. That is so kind and thoughtful and rare in this world.

You've fought before and I'm sure you'll fight some more. And WIN.

You are front and center in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

Victoria
  • Third_Generation
    Third_Generation Member Posts: 121
    Wolfi said:

Sorry
    Meena,

Wolfi

Meena, I am so sorry to hear
    Meena, I am so sorry to hear your cancer is back. I am glad you are posting- it is your turn to be supported. My thoughts are with you.
    Brenda
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Meena
    Hi,my Prayers are with you.God bless you. Pat.
  • GenieM27
    GenieM27 Member Posts: 30
    An Inspiration!
    Meena, so sorry to hear this news. I haven't been on this board for very long, but just that fact that your still posting is in inspiration to us all. Know that all of us on here for you supporting and loving you. You can do this! Remember we can only live a lives one day at a time. Hugs! Genie
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member

Meena, I am so sorry to hear
    Meena, I am so sorry to hear your cancer is back. I am glad you are posting- it is your turn to be supported. My thoughts are with you.
    Brenda

Meena, please don't give up hope...
    There is so much going on with breast cancer treatment. I go to a support group with a well known author and retired surgeon, Dr. Bernie Siegel. One of the members was recently diagnosed with Stage IV BC. Her doctor is the head of bc research at Yale New Haven Hospital as well as a well known oncologist. She said that there are several new treatments ready to be released and more to be released in the next few years. She said that it is a chronic disease and that gave her great hope. Please keep your spirits up. This is a setback that many of us will face. Don't be afraid to write in because of scaring us. We've already been there and we all know the potential of a recurrence. We want to be here for you. Hugs.

Roseann
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    GenieM27 said:

An Inspiration!
    Meena, so sorry to hear this news. I haven't been on this board for very long, but just that fact that your still posting is in inspiration to us all. Know that all of us on here for you supporting and loving you. You can do this! Remember we can only live a lives one day at a time. Hugs! Genie

Meena, sorry about this turn
    Meena, sorry about this turn of events. yes you know the score and you can fight! and you will, we will hold your hand and never be afraid to ask for help, you have helped so many others and deserve support. prayers!
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    carkris said:

Meena, sorry about this turn
    Meena, sorry about this turn of events. yes you know the score and you can fight! and you will, we will hold your hand and never be afraid to ask for help, you have helped so many others and deserve support. prayers!

Meena so sorry to hear that
    Meena so sorry to hear that news. I hate cancer hate it!!! Fight this as I know you will. Keep believing.
    Jennifer
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Meena, Your name feels like
    Meena, Your name feels like an old friend to me and I am so sorry for your news. I know you are very disappointed and that you have a fight ahead of you. We are here for you all the way. You can do it! xoxoxo Lynn
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    meena1
    Hugs love and prayers comming your way MY SISTER IN PINK.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    ladybug22 said:

meena1
    Hugs love and prayers comming your way MY SISTER IN PINK.

Meena
    I am very sorry for your news. I wish your treatment will be effective and you will feel better soon.You always was an inspirational example for this board and me personally. Please keep posting. I was also diagnosed in 2008. Yes, we must listen to our bodies and be our own advocates. Please let us know if we can help in any way.
    Sending you a big hug,
    New Flower
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Wolfi said:

Sorry
    Meena,

Wolfi

Wolfi
    Sorry for your conditions.
    Please keep posting.
    I wish you will feel better soon.
    New Flower
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Hugs~Hugs~Hugs
    Oh Meena my heart goes out to you as I too have had recurrences it is just a possible reality once we have had cancer. I know you are discouraged, frustrated and probably a bit angry, but don't give up there is always hope. My cancer returned just 6 months after treatment ended and I had to undergo much more stringent therapy for another year, that was in 1999 I tell you this in hopes of giving you hope. Stay strong and let us know how things go. You are in my positive thoughts and prayers.

♥ RE ♥
  • meena1
    RE said:

Hugs~Hugs~Hugs
    Oh Meena my heart goes out to you as I too have had recurrences it is just a possible reality once we have had cancer. I know you are discouraged, frustrated and probably a bit angry, but don't give up there is always hope. My cancer returned just 6 months after treatment ended and I had to undergo much more stringent therapy for another year, that was in 1999 I tell you this in hopes of giving you hope. Stay strong and let us know how things go. You are in my positive thoughts and prayers.

♥ RE ♥

Thank you again for such
    Thank you again for such kind words! I am on disability from work, and yesterday was wonderful! I feel better knowing that i do not have to deal with that everyday is a relief. Thinking of the song "I don't have to work, i just want to bang on my drum all day"! Yeah. I guess i will be here with all my chemo woes. I love you ladies, stay strong.
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    meena1 said:

Thank you again for such
    Thank you again for such kind words! I am on disability from work, and yesterday was wonderful! I feel better knowing that i do not have to deal with that everyday is a relief. Thinking of the song "I don't have to work, i just want to bang on my drum all day"! Yeah. I guess i will be here with all my chemo woes. I love you ladies, stay strong.

Meena
    I am so sorry to hear of your news. I hate cancer, too!!! You sound like such a strong, resilient woman. Please come back often so we can walk this part of your journey with you. Holding your hand the entire way.

Patti