Memorials

lisa42
lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Forgive me if I missed the post this Memorial Day Weekend, but I didn't see anything like this posted as of yet this weekend and I know some had talked about starting a thread listing everyone we can recall whom we have lost on the colorectal board this past year. BTW, I did just notice today that CSN does have a general board now called "In Loving Memory", which anyone can post a memorial for someone they lost to cancer.

Being very tired at the moment I'm writing this, I don't want to post some info without all the info for people we've lost, so I'll leave it at this and leave this open for people to add names and information for our dear friends that we've lost here this past year.

Comments

• Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    In Memory of------"Tisart"
    Theresa, Lost her battle July 29,2009.
  • PamPam2
    PamPam2 Member Posts: 370 Member
    Memorial
    For my Dad
    LeRoy. Died at age 65 from cancer.
    Miss you dad.
    Pam
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    PamPam2 said:

Memorial
    For my Dad
    LeRoy. Died at age 65 from cancer.
    Miss you dad.
    Pam

My Father....
    Cullen C Powers Jr. passed away from stomach cancer in November 1991, at age 63
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Memorium
    May we never forget the semi-colons we have lost, and the impact they had on our lives. Rest in peace -

Mike, husband of Phoebe (Phoebe1017), diagnosed 8/09, passed away 1/16/10.

Michael Bell (Mike49), age 50, passed away `1/21/10. Husband, father and step-father.

Karyn (butterfly23), age 40, married, dignosed 2/09, passed away 1/25/10.

Sarah (willjulia), age 50, diagnosed 8/09 passed away 3/9/10, wife of Dan, mom to Will and Julia.

Elizabeth Rumohr Wallner (lizbiz), age 34, wife of Jon, passed away 3/21/10.

Patricia Gail Pyles (ittapp), age 42, diagnosed 5/09, passed away 4/23/10, wife of Chuck and mom to Austin and Ally.

Christina, age 40, (sfmarie's siser), passed away 4/30/10, wife and mom of 3 ages 8, 6 and 4.

Brant Walton, M.D., age 34, passed away 12/09, husband of Melissa, dad to Will, age 3.

Tina and George
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    It is sad to look at the names of those we have lost but it is so important to remember them. I think of these folks often and continue to pray for their families.
    Family members - know that we are with you and we continue to think of you.

I also add:
    Angel - dear husband of Michelle.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Patrick Kapper wife Carrie
    Patrick Kapper wife Carrie and 5 daughters

Stephen Parker husband of Cindyz and father to 2 young girls

Ellen Meyer age 45, wife of Doug and mom to a 3 year old and 6 year old. I've forgotten her brother's name. I think it's John.

Roy Peters Shrevebud

Fringetree's Dad
  • Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    Remembering many who were here before the time of most of you – I know I am forgetting a few and that disturbs me:

Bud
    Kerry Morton
    Jana Miller
    Debra (debralla)
    Mark (Limey)
    I was supported by many of these folks when I was first diagnosed and I’ll never forget them.

Betsy
  • Paula G.
    Paula G. Member Posts: 596
    geotina said:

Memorium
    May we never forget the semi-colons we have lost, and the impact they had on our lives. Rest in peace -

Mike, husband of Phoebe (Phoebe1017), diagnosed 8/09, passed away 1/16/10.

Michael Bell (Mike49), age 50, passed away `1/21/10. Husband, father and step-father.

Karyn (butterfly23), age 40, married, dignosed 2/09, passed away 1/25/10.

Sarah (willjulia), age 50, diagnosed 8/09 passed away 3/9/10, wife of Dan, mom to Will and Julia.

Elizabeth Rumohr Wallner (lizbiz), age 34, wife of Jon, passed away 3/21/10.

Patricia Gail Pyles (ittapp), age 42, diagnosed 5/09, passed away 4/23/10, wife of Chuck and mom to Austin and Ally.

Christina, age 40, (sfmarie's siser), passed away 4/30/10, wife and mom of 3 ages 8, 6 and 4.

Brant Walton, M.D., age 34, passed away 12/09, husband of Melissa, dad to Will, age 3.

Tina and George

Thanks for putting this out.
    Thanks for putting this out. I remember them everyday. I just love the moments as I have said that cancer doesn't creep into my head.
    Lost some on another site I visit now and then too. I hate cancer so much. Love all you guys for your help and courage. Paula
  • Paula G.
    Paula G. Member Posts: 596

Patrick Kapper wife Carrie
    Patrick Kapper wife Carrie and 5 daughters

Stephen Parker husband of Cindyz and father to 2 young girls

Ellen Meyer age 45, wife of Doug and mom to a 3 year old and 6 year old. I've forgotten her brother's name. I think it's John.

Roy Peters Shrevebud

Fringetree's Dad

Oh man. I didn't read that
    Oh man. I didn't read that Roy Peters had died. I sent him a PM because his cancer was so much like my husbands. He got right back to me and then I didn't see him anymore. So sorry we have lost these people.
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member

Remembering many who were here before the time of most of you – I know I am forgetting a few and that disturbs me:

Bud
    Kerry Morton
    Jana Miller
    Debra (debralla)
    Mark (Limey)
    I was supported by many of these folks when I was first diagnosed and I’ll never forget them.

Betsy

so many names
    this is heart-breaking. So many names and look at the ages! so young.

Thank you everyone for doing this.

mags
  • KFen725
    KFen725 Member Posts: 108 Member
    In Memory of my sweet Mama
    My mom Mickey was diagnosed at age 61 of Stage IV colon cancer with mets to the liver last June 2009. She passed away March 13th of this year and I miss her every day. She was mom to four children including myself (from ages 20 to 30) and was an amazing mom and wife.

She will always live on in our hearts!
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    Memorial
    Good friends and family,Phillip died 1998,stomach cancer,Geniveve 2006,stomach cancer,William,2009,bone cancer,Stanly,2008,pancreatic cancer,Theresa 2008,stomach cancer.May they all rest in peace.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    My friend's mom
    My friend Paula's mom. Diagnosed with Stage 3 colorectal cancer last June, passed away this May.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • imagineit2010
    imagineit2010 Member Posts: 152 Member
    Along with all our Veterans today....
    Thanks Lisa for getting this started. I wanted to start it Friday but I've just been too busy. It seems the few people I remembered from the beginning of the year have been mentioned and I'm glad I have a place now to go back to to remember who they were. I guess I will put up a rememberance for R&B singer Teddy Pendergrass,(colon cancer) January 2010, 59 years old. And although not this year I'm still remembering today , My Mom June age 72 from brain cancer and a good friend, Ron age 39 from Lymphoma. Plus many more from various cancers (unfortunatley)... Let their passing be an inspiration instead of a sad memory. This is a battle we wage against an invisible foe and each that goes before us leaves their mark to guide us.
    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    but Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Author unknown.
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Not this year...
    My dad, William Dixon died in 1988, due to stage IV Colon Cancer. I can't believe it's been 22 years. RIP dad.

Uncle Lowell Dixon, died in 1984 due to throat cancer.
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Not this year...
    My dad, William Dixon died in 1988, due to stage IV Colon Cancer. I can't believe it's been 22 years. RIP dad.

• betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member

Bud
    Kerry Morton
    Jana Miller
    Debra (debralla)
    Mark (Limey)

Betsy

Let me add
    Tennislover
    Jerseysue
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    HollyID said:

Not this year...

My...
    Mom who died of leukemia at age 40 in 1981.
    My dad who died of liver cancer at age 46 in 1986.
    My Aunt Gloria who died at age 52 from lung cancer.
    My Aunt Dottie who died from Cirrhosis of the liver.
    My Uncle Walter, cancer survivor, but died of a heart attack a few years ago.

And Remembering all the people who have lost their lives to these ugly cancer deaths.

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    Shayenne said:

My...
    Mom who died of leukemia at age 40 in 1981.
    My dad who died of liver cancer at age 46 in 1986.
    My Aunt Gloria who died at age 52 from lung cancer.
    My Aunt Dottie who died from Cirrhosis of the liver.
    My Uncle Walter, cancer survivor, but died of a heart attack a few years ago.

And Remembering all the people who have lost their lives to these ugly cancer deaths.

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

IN MEMORY
    Of my loving husband angel who i miss with all my heart.

dx nov 07 died april the 16 th 2009 may you rest in peace

love you michelle
  • Aud
    Aud Member Posts: 479 Member
    thank you, Lisa...
    ...for posting this and starting this thread. very thoughtful. holding all of those in the Light, who continue to grieve, for healing of their hearts. Let us continue with loving memories.
    My Grandmom, who died in March 1999; bladder cancer, then a stroke after surgery. My Grandmom died 2 1/2 months later, at home, with her only child (my Mother) and 3 of her Grandchildren (me being one of them) by her side.
    I still miss you, Grandmom. Your legacy lives on in us, sharing the Love that you've given and taught us.
    ~Aud