I survived ttreatment #1 !!

2»

Comments

• Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Chrispea said:

I had a rough time with
    I had a rough time with taxotere. They gave me more steroids to take for about 4-5 days or so, and that helped tremendously.

Good luck.

Thank you Chrispea
    I just had the steroids day of and so far so good! Thank you for sharing that info.
  • Boppy_of_6
    jnl said:

I am sending you congrats
    I am sending you congrats too Boppy! Toasting with my pepsi! LOL

Hugs, Leeza

Thank you jnl
    Thanks!!
  • Boppy_of_6
    Kylez said:

You got thru the 1st one and
    You got thru the 1st one and you will do great for the rest! Congrats!

Thank you Kylez
    Thanks!!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Thank you Chrispea
    I just had the steroids day of and so far so good! Thank you for sharing that info.

Congrats! Happy to know
    Congrats! Happy to know that you are doing so well!

Sue :)
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Boppy, welcome to the group,
    Boppy, welcome to the group, first off and secondly, good job on completing your first chemo treatment. I, too, had the same cocktail and didn't have a bad time at all. I also had the Nuelasta injection the next day. I continued to work, other than Thursday and Friday of the week I received chemo and I also continued to exercise. Some days I had more energy than others but I think it also helped in my recovery. Good luck to you, you'll do just fine.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Boppy, welcome to the group,
    Boppy, welcome to the group, first off and secondly, good job on completing your first chemo treatment. I, too, had the same cocktail and didn't have a bad time at all. I also had the Nuelasta injection the next day. I continued to work, other than Thursday and Friday of the week I received chemo and I also continued to exercise. Some days I had more energy than others but I think it also helped in my recovery. Good luck to you, you'll do just fine.

Your fear, hopefully, is
    Your fear, hopefully, is over now that you had the first one. Drink lots and lots and lots of water. Good luck to you!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    DebbyM said:

Your fear, hopefully, is
    Your fear, hopefully, is over now that you had the first one. Drink lots and lots and lots of water. Good luck to you!

Congrats Boppy on completing
    Congrats Boppy on completing chemo #1! Hoping they all go smooth for you!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

Thank you survivorbc09
    Boppy is the name my oldest grandson (2 1/2) gave me!! Thanks for the prayers so far so good

That is so cute that your
    That is so cute that your grandson gave you that name. I like it!

Sending you prayers too Boppy that you will continue to be fine with your treatment!

Lex♥
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    susie09 said:

Congrats Boppy on completing
    Congrats Boppy on completing chemo #1! Hoping they all go smooth for you!

good one off the list!!!
    good one off the list!!! hope it is easy for you and goes smoothly.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    carkris said:

at Dana Farber they give
    at Dana Farber they give glutamine during treatment for the arthritis like symptoms.

Congrats Boppy!
    ♥ Noel

Congrats Boppy!

♥ Noel
  • dianebraun
    dianebraun Member Posts: 51
    Hi Boppy. It's day 13 for
    Hi Boppy. It's day 13 for me. Have you lost any hair yet? I pull at my hair every day and today is the first day a strand came out with every tug (argh....I'm not ready for the wig!) Keep me up to date with your treatment. My next one is on a Thursday in about a week. Take care and I hope you are feeling better!
  • Boppy_of_6

Hi Boppy. It's day 13 for
    Hi Boppy. It's day 13 for me. Have you lost any hair yet? I pull at my hair every day and today is the first day a strand came out with every tug (argh....I'm not ready for the wig!) Keep me up to date with your treatment. My next one is on a Thursday in about a week. Take care and I hope you are feeling better!

Not yet
    Hey glad to hear from you! So far no hair loss yet, like you I keep pulling at it wondering. I have been feeling good, the week after treatment was not to bad some diarrhea, tired, and felt like I was kinda in a fog. This week I have been feeling good so far. my next treatment is Fri. May 21st. Hope you are feeling good too! Keep me posted. God Bless
    Hugs Janice
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867

Not yet
    Hey glad to hear from you! So far no hair loss yet, like you I keep pulling at it wondering. I have been feeling good, the week after treatment was not to bad some diarrhea, tired, and felt like I was kinda in a fog. This week I have been feeling good so far. my next treatment is Fri. May 21st. Hope you are feeling good too! Keep me posted. God Bless
    Hugs Janice

♥ Boppy ♥
    It so great to read that you are doing so well. Very, very happy for you!</♥</font>

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Thank you Chrispea

Hey Boppy! Wishing you
    Hey Boppy! Wishing you continued good luck on chemo! Drink LOTS of water!!
  • il2read2
    il2read2 Member Posts: 29
    Jeanne D said:

♥ Boppy ♥
    It so great to read that you are doing so well. Very, very happy for you!</♥</font>

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>

Boppy,
    It has been

Boppy,

It has been comforting to see how well you have done. I have my first treatment May 20th and I am already anxious, not sleeping.

Jan
  • Boppy_of_6
    il2read2 said:

Boppy,
    It has been

Boppy,

It has been comforting to see how well you have done. I have my first treatment May 20th and I am already anxious, not sleeping.

Jan

You will do fine
    I had a lot of anxiety about the first treatment, but honestly it was not near as bad as I thought. I was really nervous,but everyone one was so kind and good to me. The time passed quickly I took a book, magazine and my laptop. I was really releived when it was done. I walked in the Relay for Life that night and spent the next day with my 3 grandkids!! The week after I was tired, had some diarrhea and felt kinda foggy. I worked all week and did fine though, this week has been good. Like everyone says drink lots of water I have been! My next treatment is May 21st. I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless. I know you are going to do great!!
    ((((Hugs))) Janice
  • Boppy_of_6
    Jeanne D said:

♥ Boppy ♥

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>

Thanks
    Thank You very much!! God Bless
    Janice
  • dianebraun
    dianebraun Member Posts: 51

Not yet
    Hugs Janice

Hi Janice,
    I'm having my

Hi Janice,
    I'm having my hair shaved tomorrow. It will be the hardest part of this whole ordeal for me. My treatment was the same, right down to the diarrhea! This week was good also for me. My next treatment is May 20th, so I'm a day ahead of you. If you are on facebook, find me by looking up Diane Braun, Ann Arbor Michigan. It's easier for me to chat on facebook. Take care, and I wish you good days until your next treatment....then back to tired, foggy Montezuma's revenge!
    Diane
  • Boppy_of_6

Hi Janice,
    I'm having my

Hi Janice,
    I'm having my hair shaved tomorrow. It will be the hardest part of this whole ordeal for me. My treatment was the same, right down to the diarrhea! This week was good also for me. My next treatment is May 20th, so I'm a day ahead of you. If you are on facebook, find me by looking up Diane Braun, Ann Arbor Michigan. It's easier for me to chat on facebook. Take care, and I wish you good days until your next treatment....then back to tired, foggy Montezuma's revenge!
    Diane

Will do
    I will look you up on FB I am glad our schedule is so similar. I had my hair cut short last week and have ordered a wig, got scarves, bandanas etc. My daughter in law is going to shave my head for me I am considering doing that this weekend. Glad we can stay in touch God Bless
    (((Hugs)))
  • il2read2
    il2read2 Member Posts: 29

You will do fine
    I had a lot of anxiety about the first treatment, but honestly it was not near as bad as I thought. I was really nervous,but everyone one was so kind and good to me. The time passed quickly I took a book, magazine and my laptop. I was really releived when it was done. I walked in the Relay for Life that night and spent the next day with my 3 grandkids!! The week after I was tired, had some diarrhea and felt kinda foggy. I worked all week and did fine though, this week has been good. Like everyone says drink lots of water I have been! My next treatment is May 21st. I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless. I know you are going to do great!!
    ((((Hugs))) Janice

Thank you for the
    Thank you for the encouragement!