I survived ttreatment #1 !!

Boppy_of_6
Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well today was the day, 1st chemo treatment! First off my Onc. came in and said he had some good news. After going over all my labs he and the chief pathologist came to the decision that I am HER2 neg. and not pos. The result had been borderline. The borderline status is rare but happens. He said he was very confident with the outcome it has been triple checked. My chemo changed to Taxotere and cytoxan, instead of the TCH.
The treatment was uneventful all went well. It has been about 4 hrs since treatment ended and so far so good. Thank you all for the helpful kind words. I hope amd pray you are all doing well. God Bless
Janice ( Boppy)

Comments

• Fabu
    Fabu Member Posts: 29
    Boppy, I'm glad you got
    Boppy, I'm glad you got through that first chemo treatment. Please stay hydrated and take care of yourself. Blessings to you . . .
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Congrats
    I toast you with a glass of water! Yea for your HER2 outcome, too.
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    congrats on getting through
    congrats on getting through your first chemo! that was the same cocktail i had, and i really didn't think it was too bad. drink plenty of water - that was my mistake but i learned quickly. good luck with the rest of your treatments! and kudos on the her2 results!!
  • dianebraun
    dianebraun Member Posts: 51
    I also had taxotere/cytoxen
    I also had taxotere/cytoxen on Thursday and Neulasta injection today. Just starting to get achey bones about 8 hours later, so not too bad. Drink water like crazy! It's working great for me. Besides the achey bones, just pretty tired so very tolerable for me. One down...3 to go...just look, we are 25% done already!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

I also had taxotere/cytoxen on Thursday and Neulasta injection today. Just starting to get achey bones about 8 hours later, so not too bad. Drink water like crazy! It's working great for me. Besides the achey bones, just pretty tired so very tolerable for me. One down...3 to go...just look, we are 25% done already!

at Dana Farber they give
    at Dana Farber they give glutamine during treatment for the arthritis like symptoms.
  • Boppy_of_6
    Fabu said:

Boppy, I'm glad you got
    Boppy, I'm glad you got through that first chemo treatment. Please stay hydrated and take care of yourself. Blessings to you . . .

Thank you Fabu
    I have been told by everyone drink water and lots of it!! Seems pretty easy, but I know I have never drank enough but I am pusing it now.God Bless
  • Boppy_of_6

Congrats
    I toast you with a glass of water! Yea for your HER2 outcome, too.

Thank You Christine Louise
    A toast back to you!! I am happy about the HER2 Thanks
  • Boppy_of_6
    heidijez said:

congrats on getting through
    congrats on getting through your first chemo! that was the same cocktail i had, and i really didn't think it was too bad. drink plenty of water - that was my mistake but i learned quickly. good luck with the rest of your treatments! and kudos on the her2 results!!

Thanks heidijez
    So far so good for me. It went much better than I thought. I am trying to really push the water. Thanks good luck and God Bless
  • Boppy_of_6

Thank you dianebraun
    Yea! for 25% done good for us!! I am not going to get the Nuelasta. I wish you well with your treatments and injections. I am going to drink lots of water. We will have to keep up since we are close to the same schedule. God Bless
  • Boppy_of_6
    carkris said:

at Dana Farber they give
    at Dana Farber they give glutamine during treatment for the arthritis like symptoms.

Thank you carkris
    They told me Tylenol or Tylenol Artritis, is that does not work to call, so I will see how it goes! God Bless
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Fabu said:

Boppy, I'm glad you got

You got the first one out of
    You got the first one out of the way! Congrats to you! And, keep drinking LOTS of water!

Hugs, Megan
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Thank you carkris
    They told me Tylenol or Tylenol Artritis, is that does not work to call, so I will see how it goes! God Bless

So happy that you got thru
    So happy that you got thru the first one! Hoping you have no side effects with any of them!
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    now that it has begun
    ...you can look forward to the end. Hope all is going well for you this weekend. I had chemo on Fridays, and my weekends were usually spent gearing up to go back to work on Monday. Take care of yourself and now you can really look forward to the finish line!
    Cat
  • Boppy_of_6
    cats_toy said:

now that it has begun
    ...you can look forward to the end. Hope all is going well for you this weekend. I had chemo on Fridays, and my weekends were usually spent gearing up to go back to work on Monday. Take care of yourself and now you can really look forward to the finish line!
    Cat

Thanks cats_toy
    Very true I am already thinking just 3 more! I am still feeling pretty good! Thanks and God Bless!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Thanks cats_toy
    Very true I am already thinking just 3 more! I am still feeling pretty good! Thanks and God Bless!

Congrats Boppy! Love your
    Congrats Boppy! Love your name on her! Praying you feel good for the rest of chemo!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Thanks heidijez
    So far so good for me. It went much better than I thought. I am trying to really push the water. Thanks good luck and God Bless

I am sending you congrats
    I am sending you congrats too Boppy! Toasting with my pepsi! LOL

Hugs, Leeza
  • Chrispea
    Chrispea Member Posts: 123 Member
    I had a rough time with
    I had a rough time with taxotere. They gave me more steroids to take for about 4-5 days or so, and that helped tremendously.

Good luck.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Thank You Christine Louise
    A toast back to you!! I am happy about the HER2 Thanks

You got thru the 1st one and
    You got thru the 1st one and you will do great for the rest! Congrats!
  • Boppy_of_6

Congrats Boppy! Love your name on her! Praying you feel good for the rest of chemo!

Thank you survivorbc09
    Boppy is the name my oldest grandson (2 1/2) gave me!! Thanks for the prayers so far so good
  • Boppy_of_6

Thank you survivorbc09
    Boppy is the name my oldest grandson (2 1/2) gave me!! Thanks for the prayers so far so good