Hey~~ The ball is now rolling "Million Cancer Survivors Walk"

Comments

• lcarper2
    lcarper2 Member Posts: 635 Member
    Buzzard said:

and I haven't been able to get in yet...
    I have to get in today and see this...My wife admitted to me last night when I asked her about searching for it that she was trying to stay away from all things cancer, that makes her sad. Well, I guess I understand her situation but I don't know how to get in there and find it...Where theres a will though theres a way. I am gonna create my own FB page ...Thanks again Brooks...and I am getting more mail, thanks all for the help on this...I am looking for a March Date to go full blown with this...and sometimes in March for the Walk to happen........I may be asking for 1 or more reps in each state to do some of the media attention getting for the walk planned March 2011...also to start maybe emailing friends and having them email their friends etc etc to get out the word . We will try and keep all of this posted up so that everyone can keep abreast of things happening. All brainstorming is more than welcome, you are all a part of this, you are survivors......Thanks again guys and gals.....Buzz

Buzzard
    I have e mailed 5 local tv stations here in tulsa asking them to do a segment in march about cc and awareness to early testing to prevent it hope to hear soon from them if not I will be calling them ...
  • SueRelays
    SueRelays Member Posts: 485
    lcarper2 said:

how do we join
    can't find away to add my name to the list of supporters

ME EITHER....going to go
    ME EITHER....going to go back in and loko again!!!
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Buzzard said:

and I haven't been able to get in yet...
    I have to get in today and see this...My wife admitted to me last night when I asked her about searching for it that she was trying to stay away from all things cancer, that makes her sad. Well, I guess I understand her situation but I don't know how to get in there and find it...Where theres a will though theres a way. I am gonna create my own FB page ...Thanks again Brooks...and I am getting more mail, thanks all for the help on this...I am looking for a March Date to go full blown with this...and sometimes in March for the Walk to happen........I may be asking for 1 or more reps in each state to do some of the media attention getting for the walk planned March 2011...also to start maybe emailing friends and having them email their friends etc etc to get out the word . We will try and keep all of this posted up so that everyone can keep abreast of things happening. All brainstorming is more than welcome, you are all a part of this, you are survivors......Thanks again guys and gals.....Buzz

link
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=312557191443

That is the link for the group so you can join.
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    lcarper2 said:

how do we join
    can't find away to add my name to the list of supporters

link for group on FB
  • Mchapp
    Mchapp Member Posts: 95

link

That is the link for the group so you can join.

3 new members in 3 seconds
    LOVE this idea! I sent to 20 facebook friends and within 3 seconds - litterly - 3 of my friends joined!
    Thanks Brookes for setting this up!
  • just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    Mchapp said:

3 new members in 3 seconds
    LOVE this idea! I sent to 20 facebook friends and within 3 seconds - litterly - 3 of my friends joined!
    Thanks Brookes for setting this up!

We're up to 210
    We are up to 210!!! Bang the pots, stomp your feet, and spread the word "Million Cancer Survivors Walk 2011"
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member

We're up to 210
    We are up to 210!!! Bang the pots, stomp your feet, and spread the word "Million Cancer Survivors Walk 2011"

210...amazing!
    I am banging the pots but my feet are too numb to stomp right now. The FB page looks real good. I invited friends & family but most of them seem too busy with Mafia Wars. Shame on them! My daughter joined up though and she will help if needed.

Congrats! You have done a good job as well as all of your helpers.

-Pat
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Jaylo969 said:

210...amazing!
    I am banging the pots but my feet are too numb to stomp right now. The FB page looks real good. I invited friends & family but most of them seem too busy with Mafia Wars. Shame on them! My daughter joined up though and she will help if needed.

-Pat

I have 7 who joined!

I have 7 who joined!
  • just4Brooks
    Jaylo969 said:

210...amazing!

-Pat

Just keep on sending the invites
    Just keep on sending the invites, We wont get everybody but if we can get SOME of them we're doing goo. Make sure you tell them to pass it on the there friends!!
  • lcarper2
    lcarper2 Member Posts: 635 Member

Just keep on sending the invites
    Just keep on sending the invites, We wont get everybody but if we can get SOME of them we're doing goo. Make sure you tell them to pass it on the there friends!!

217 is the number now
    wow they are really joining this wonderful cause I am proud to be a member don't know how I joined but sure glad I did LOL
  • SandyL
    SandyL Member Posts: 218
    lcarper2 said:

217 is the number now
    wow they are really joining this wonderful cause I am proud to be a member don't know how I joined but sure glad I did LOL

I joined
    and invited my family and friends who are not already part of this board. I also plan to notify the TV and radio stations via email (I'm in TX now and not at home in Ohio) about colon cancer and the need for early detection. Maybe even get an interview with our onc. How awesome would that be?
    Sandy
  • just4Brooks
    SandyL said:

I joined
    and invited my family and friends who are not already part of this board. I also plan to notify the TV and radio stations via email (I'm in TX now and not at home in Ohio) about colon cancer and the need for early detection. Maybe even get an interview with our onc. How awesome would that be?
    Sandy

Great Job
    Great Job Sandy.. We're up to 250 Members on Facebook. Who would have thunk? Isn't it great how we're taking something so negative and turning into something positive? I love it!!

Life is funny sometimes
    Brooks
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member

Great Job
    Great Job Sandy.. We're up to 250 Members on Facebook. Who would have thunk? Isn't it great how we're taking something so negative and turning into something positive? I love it!!

Life is funny sometimes
    Brooks

Roll on Big Dogs......
    Lookin Good...The foundation is going to be a large endeavor to tackle...Surely we can find a way around all the loopholes to help people in need. Keep thinking, we'll get there...Lookin good people............My wife is setting up a FB account this evening after I get home...Then I can get started also....I don't wanna take up time on this site for a lot of posting but it does need to stay active to keep people aware and up to date on how its coming along.Thanks everyone
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Buzzard said:

Roll on Big Dogs......
    Lookin Good...The foundation is going to be a large endeavor to tackle...Surely we can find a way around all the loopholes to help people in need. Keep thinking, we'll get there...Lookin good people............My wife is setting up a FB account this evening after I get home...Then I can get started also....I don't wanna take up time on this site for a lot of posting but it does need to stay active to keep people aware and up to date on how its coming along.Thanks everyone

Interest
    We have to keep people interested to visit the site, maybe posting some articles, stories??
  • just4Brooks
    Nana b said:

Interest
    We have to keep people interested to visit the site, maybe posting some articles, stories??

Who would have thunk?
    We got 289 Members on Facebook!!

Way to go everybody. You should be proud
    Brooks
  • ninetoes
    ninetoes Member Posts: 81
    Cool
    This is a great idea. I was member number 297!
  • Buzzard
    ninetoes said:

Cool
    This is a great idea. I was member number 297!

Not to take away from this site...but if....
    we leave it all in this one thread and keep all postings on this one only we won't hold up anything new coming in for newbies or info. This is "cancer" info, I just want to ensure the integrity of the forum also. I think it will be fine if kept in this one thread...and yes keep the enthusiasm alive...we are gonna make it happen in March 2011.....Im wondering if maybe we can post up some personal testimonies on the facebook page...if so I would be willing to post one. Maybe simply for the people that have not been touched by this to understand a little of what families go through. If we touch one individual, one person, and they are caught early enough to never ever have to go through this then all will be worth it............Love to all, Buzz
  • SueRelays
    SueRelays Member Posts: 485
    Buzzard said:

Not to take away from this site...but if....
    we leave it all in this one thread and keep all postings on this one only we won't hold up anything new coming in for newbies or info. This is "cancer" info, I just want to ensure the integrity of the forum also. I think it will be fine if kept in this one thread...and yes keep the enthusiasm alive...we are gonna make it happen in March 2011.....Im wondering if maybe we can post up some personal testimonies on the facebook page...if so I would be willing to post one. Maybe simply for the people that have not been touched by this to understand a little of what families go through. If we touch one individual, one person, and they are caught early enough to never ever have to go through this then all will be worth it............Love to all, Buzz

Here's the shirt I was
    Here's the shirt I was telling you about Brooks. Docs and Durses got a kick out of it when I wore it the day after my liver resection. So this is my survivor sign! Liked it enough to change my profile pic to it!
  • Buzzard
    SueRelays said:

Here's the shirt I was
    Here's the shirt I was telling you about Brooks. Docs and Durses got a kick out of it when I wore it the day after my liver resection. So this is my survivor sign! Liked it enough to change my profile pic to it!

Same nice pic as before but no shirt pic...
    sorry, but no shirt pic...but the pic thats up is nice...Thanks for sharing......Buzz
  • just4Brooks
    SueRelays said:

Here's the shirt I was

I LOVE IT
    Great shirt and what a way to represent!!

Brooks