blue

2»

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    carkris said:

I am telling you - i am
    I am telling you - i am losing my mind. it didint help this week that iattended a memorial service for my husbands hairdresser who was close to us. alovely lady. died of lung cancer. I tend to think I can handle more that I can. I was told I prob shouldnot have gone considering my circumstances. I felt she deserved the honor of people attending her service she was a wonderful lady. But i often dismiss the toll it takes and then wonder why I am 'blue".

I am so not computer savvy
    I am so not computer savvy and don't know how to find, much less post all of the neat, clever falling hearts, banners, etc that so many of our sweet sisters here post.
    That having been said, I give you angels, hugs, hearts and a rose. And, in case you don't happen to be the angel type, they are easily considered umbrellas to catch all of your tears....

^j^ ^j^ ((((hugs)))) ♥ ♥ @<~~~{~~~

Claudia
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    chenheart said:

I am so not computer savvy
    I am so not computer savvy and don't know how to find, much less post all of the neat, clever falling hearts, banners, etc that so many of our sweet sisters here post.
    That having been said, I give you angels, hugs, hearts and a rose. And, in case you don't happen to be the angel type, they are easily considered umbrellas to catch all of your tears....

^j^ ^j^ ((((hugs)))) ♥ ♥ @<~~~{~~~

Claudia</p>

thank you all so much I knew
    thank you all so much I knew you would understand!!!!!
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    My clinic recommends 'the
    My clinic recommends 'the bomb'. Equal parts of orange juice, prune juice and milk of magnesia slightly warm. Yuck! but it works. There have been times when equal parts were 2 or 3 oz taken twice a day (when I thought my green eyes were going to turn brown!)
    Of course, check with your doc to see if it's ok for you.
    Sue
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Blue.
    Hi,i have been their so many times.we go through all kinds of emotions.going through Cancer does that to us.It will get better in time.After finishing rads 3wks. ago I still go through this same feelings as your having.I must check my inch and a half of hair 10 times a day to see if it has growed.Its been since Sept. since I had hair.But after my shower tonight I put gel in it and comb it back.It doesn,t look to bad.Maybe soon I can shed the wig.I am telling you this to let you know you will get their also.And it is ok to cry when you need.take Care.Love and Prayers. Pat.
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    I understand
    I, like you which I could poop like a regular person. I inished chemo 10/22/09. Thought it would getbetter. Seems to have gotten worse. Even a laxitive dosen't work. Feel like I obcess over poop. My hair started getting "fuzzy" a couple of weeks after chemo ended. My hair in the past grows slow. It's a inch and a half. ( yes,I actually measured it) lol Like you, all my kids are gone. Love my daughters dearly, but when my son, the baby, left I truly had empty nest. sighhh Miss them all, sighhh, BUT we have to get up, dust ourselves off and get moving again. I think if we could just be "normal" and poop life would be grand! lol I had a older lady tell me once, A cup of hot coffee and a cup of prune juice does the trick. Maybe I'll give that a go. Couldn't hurt, right? Good luck and feel better. Sorry to hear that you have a fissure. That's my fear. The "beast" just keeps on giving, uh? Alot of these "blue" feelings are related to all the chemicals they're dumping in us. I, like you, would be driving and just start crying. No thoughts of anything, just would cry. It's better now. Took a few months though.Wellthat's my takeon the matter. Don't stay to log at the "pity" party. A lady always knows when to leave! lol Hugs, Gayla
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    chenheart said:

You mean on top of
    You mean on top of everything else you are also full of s**t, too?!!? I do hope that made you laugh, and if not, I apologize~ I don't want to insult you ~ it's my warped semse of humor at work!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

LOL
    Sorry, I thought it was funny. But I know how miserable it can be when you can't poop.

P
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Sorry You're Blue
    I, too, thought things would go back to normal after chemo and had a bit of a meltdown myself when I realized that I would never be the way I was. I can't fly without a cuff. I have to wear a patch for the hot flashes. I have to watch what I eat or I will have to reside in the restroom for days. My eyes are worse and I need naps on a regular basis like a preschooler. It kind of sucks to be us at times. But, as my friends say, keep your eyes on the prize. You are still here. You will see your child on breaks and on holidays. And you have us to keep you company. I am on Citolopram to help with the crying spells. No shame in my game. I do what it takes to get through this.

You'll make it. Take care.

P
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    aztec45 said:

Sorry You're Blue
    I, too, thought things would go back to normal after chemo and had a bit of a meltdown myself when I realized that I would never be the way I was. I can't fly without a cuff. I have to wear a patch for the hot flashes. I have to watch what I eat or I will have to reside in the restroom for days. My eyes are worse and I need naps on a regular basis like a preschooler. It kind of sucks to be us at times. But, as my friends say, keep your eyes on the prize. You are still here. You will see your child on breaks and on holidays. And you have us to keep you company. I am on Citolopram to help with the crying spells. No shame in my game. I do what it takes to get through this.

You'll make it. Take care.

P

Your right cant be on the
    Your right cant be on the pitty express forever. I will try your suggestions. I am going to try and comfort myself with 'this too shall pass" I am not a very patient person, but if i cant have the surgery then I cant and I will work around it like I have everything else. thanks for being there
  • Tinabug
    Tinabug Member Posts: 158
    Sorry you're blue
    I am at a totally different stage, but I'm so sorry that you are blue. I will have my 2nd round of chemo tomorrow & I'm dealing with the "Big D" so bad it's hard to do anything(already been to the ER.) One of my dearest friend's first child went away to college this year & I am going thru BC, so we comfort each other every week. I can't imagine if either one of us, had to deal with both at the same time, my heart aches for you. I am sorry for the loss of your friend. I just want you to know I'm thinking of you & praying sunny days & pooping will come SOON!!!

Huge hugs,
    Tina
  • Sharon40
    Sharon40 Member Posts: 93
    colase
    I started taking Colase after my 2nd treatment. Sure wish I had know about it earlier! I still take it now when I have to take a lot of tylenol. Drink lots of water and that will help the the potty issue.

The "blues" are just part of this "pink" nightmare. I wish you well and know we all have those kind of days!