krf Member Posts: 98
    I am so sorry for your
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    Kim
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    My condolences
    Jennie,

I offer you and the rest of your family my condolences at the passing of your love Michael. I wish I had some words that could lessen your grief. Your sadness is as deep as your love was strong. I believe that one day you will be with each other again.

Being an Irish gal I offer you an Irish prayer...

Death is nothing at all.
    It does not count.
    I have only slipped away into the next room.
    Everything remains as it was.
    The old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.
    Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
    Call me by the old familiar name.
    Speak of me in the easy way which you always used.
    Put no sorrow in your tone.
    Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.
    Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
    Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
    Let it be spoken without effort
    Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was.
    There is unbroken continuity.
    Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
    I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner.
    All is well. Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.
    One brief moment and all will be as it was before.
    How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting, when we meet again.
  • TLG320
    TLG320 Member Posts: 167
    My sincere condolences
    Jenny,

I am so saddened to hear of Mike's passing. Thank you for sharing Mike's story and your grief with us. You and your children are in the hearts, thoughts, and prayers of many people right now. Mike will be beside you every minute of each day until you meet again. I'm so saddened for your loss, but am filled with joy that Mike finally beat this disease once and for all. Love and prayers,
    Tashina
  • cowman
    cowman Member Posts: 61
    So very sorry about Mike's
    So very sorry about Mike's passing. I will be thinking of you and praying for you and your family in the days ahead. I agree with Karyn in that your "family circle" picture is a day brightener.
  • MelanieT
    MelanieT Member Posts: 186
    TLG320 said:

My sincere condolences
    Jenny,

I am so saddened to hear of Mike's passing. Thank you for sharing Mike's story and your grief with us. You and your children are in the hearts, thoughts, and prayers of many people right now. Mike will be beside you every minute of each day until you meet again. I'm so saddened for your loss, but am filled with joy that Mike finally beat this disease once and for all. Love and prayers,
    Tashina

Jenny i am so sorry for your
    Jenny i am so sorry for your loss... my heart goes out to you and your family. Be strong and always remember the good times:)
    Loves,
    Melanie
  • JDuke
    JDuke Member Posts: 438
    TLG320 said:

My sincere condolences
    Jenny,

Tashina

Jenny
    I am so very sorry to read of Mike's passing. He made a lot of friends on this board and he will certainly be missed. I will be praying for strength and peace for you and your family at this difficult time.
    Blessings,
    Joanne
  • eric38
    eric38 Member Posts: 583
    cowman said:

So very sorry about Mike's
    So very sorry about Mike's passing. I will be thinking of you and praying for you and your family in the days ahead. I agree with Karyn in that your "family circle" picture is a day brightener.

Mike
    My heart dropped when I found out about Mike`s passing. I remember our posts back and forth about erbitux treatments. His posts gave me support and made me realize that I was not alone with my symptoms. In fact, we frequently made jokes about the monster rash and how it made us look. Thank god I am not on that drug anymore but I enjoyed the bantering with Mike. He was a great guy and will be missed. that comes from someone who only knew him on the board so I can only imagine how grevious it is for you and your family. My sincere condolensces and I will pray for you and your family.

Eric
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Sad
    I'm so very sorry to read this. Thank ou for sharing the article with us. That's a very nice write-up.

We will miss Mike very much around here, and I hope you'll come by now and then to let us know how your family is doing. You are in my prayers.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • snommintj
    snommintj Member Posts: 601
    tootsie1 said:

Sad
    I'm so very sorry to read this. Thank ou for sharing the article with us. That's a very nice write-up.

We will miss Mike very much around here, and I hope you'll come by now and then to let us know how your family is doing. You are in my prayers.

*hugs*
    Gail

No words
    He will be missed.
  • lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    Jenny
    I am very sorry for your and your kids and your friends and all of us here loss of Mike's physical presence.

I'll pass along this poem by Rashani that's kept me company over the years.

Love, Leslie

The Unbroken
    By Rashani

There is a brokenness
    Out of which comes the unbroken,
    A shatterdness out
    Of which blooms the unshatterable,
    There is a sorrow
    Beyond all grief which leads to joy
    And a fragility
    Out of whose depths emerges strength.

There is a hollow space
    Too vast for words
    Through which we pass with each loss,
    Out of darkness
    We are sanctioned into being.

There is a cry deeper than all sound
    Whose serrated edges cut the heart
    As we break open
    To the place inside which is unbreakable
    And whole,
    While learning to sing.
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Jenny
    I am so sorry for your loss. Mike fought hard, and will get his rest now. May you find some comfort knowing he is out of pain and at peace. I wish for you and your family fond memories with lots of smiles and laughter when you think of Mike, and with each passing day, less tears of sadness from saying goodbye.
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342

Jenny
    I am so sorry for your loss. Mike fought hard, and will get his rest now. May you find some comfort knowing he is out of pain and at peace. I wish for you and your family fond memories with lots of smiles and laughter when you think of Mike, and with each passing day, less tears of sadness from saying goodbye.

This Is
    So overwhelming to me, losing all these great people from our wonderful family! I am so sorry Jenny, this has really saddened me, he was one heck of am awesome guy, and still is! He is now an angel watching over you and his children, they will always be in his heart, and know we are always here for you when you need to talk! I was so dreading to see another post like this, my prayers are so with you.

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • Hatshepsut
    Hatshepsut Member Posts: 336 Member
    Condolences

Jennifer:

I am so sorry that you have lost your husband and your children have lost their father. The statement you have posted about your husband's life is certainly a testimony to a life well lived and and a family well loved.

I can't begin to imagine how sad Mike's loss must be for your family. I do hope that your family will, with time, find comfort and peace in your memories of happy times as a loving family.

Hatshepsut
  • lmliess
    lmliess Member Posts: 329

Condolences

Jennifer:

I am so sorry that you have lost your husband and your children have lost their father. The statement you have posted about your husband's life is certainly a testimony to a life well lived and and a family well loved.

I can't begin to imagine how sad Mike's loss must be for your family. I do hope that your family will, with time, find comfort and peace in your memories of happy times as a loving family.

Hatshepsut

Jennifer
    Words can not even begin to explain how sorry I am. You are in my prayers.

Linda
  • lizbiz
    lizbiz Member Posts: 120
    lmliess said:

Jennifer
    Words can not even begin to explain how sorry I am. You are in my prayers.

Linda

No words...
    I'm so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.

Elizabeth
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    I'm sorry
    I'm sorry for your loss,I'll be praying for you and your family.
  • abmb
    abmb Member Posts: 311
    So Sorry
    Jenny & Family: So sorry to hear of Mike's passing. I can't even imagine what you feel, but I will pray for you and your family to help you through this difficult time. I am sure that Mike will always be close by - he will always keep an eye on his family. He lives on in your hearts and memories. When feeling low remember the good times, when Mike made everyone laugh. Take care and God bless. Margaret
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Keeping you in my prayers
    I am so sorry to hear of Mike's passing. It is so very sad. I HATE this beast. Please know that I will continue to pray for you and your kids. Mike is no longer in pain and I believe is in Heaven. Take care my dear friend!!!

God Bless
    Beth
  • phoebe1017
    phoebe1017 Member Posts: 37
    So so sorry
    I'm so sorry to hear about Mike. I also lost my Mike on Jan 16. I feel your pain. I ask myself everyday why so many good people have to be affected by this horrible disease. I take solice in the fact Michael is no longer in pain....as much as I miss him...I hated to see him suffering. May god give you strength and peace over the coming months. Love, Phoebe
  • Mike49
    Mike49 Member Posts: 261

So so sorry
    I'm so sorry to hear about Mike. I also lost my Mike on Jan 16. I feel your pain. I ask myself everyday why so many good people have to be affected by this horrible disease. I take solice in the fact Michael is no longer in pain....as much as I miss him...I hated to see him suffering. May god give you strength and peace over the coming months. Love, Phoebe

Checking in
    Thank you Phoebe. I am so sad, but in my sadness I have not forgotten you. I hope that you have a strong support system. I am thinking of you and hoping that time will heal for both of us. Love, Jenny