Michael Bell (Mike 49)

Comments

• angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    AnneCan said:

Jenny,
    Please accept my

Jenny,

Please accept my condolences to you & your family for your loss. I am thinking about you. Although I just joined the board in Oct/09 I enjoyed Mike's posts and the picture of your family always brought a smile to my face. Thanks for sharing the notice of his passing with us. Please take good care of yourself.

Jenny
    I am so sorry I live in phx if you need anything feel free to ask .I just have to get on the 101 and i would be there Please take care and you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

michelle
  • lcarper2
    lcarper2 Member Posts: 635 Member

Jenny
    I am so sorry I live in phx if you need anything feel free to ask .I just have to get on the 101 and i would be there Please take care and you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

michelle

jenny
    so sorry for your loss
  • luv3jay
    luv3jay Member Posts: 533 Member
    My prayers are with you and
    My prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time. This is a huge loss to our entire "family".

-Sheri
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Mike - Thanks for the Memories :)
    Dear Jenny

My sincerest condolences to you and your beautiful family during this most difficult time. Every day that I logon, I was hoping to not see this post, but from all your updates, feared that we would one day see it. And that has finally come.

First, I just want to thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to post of Mike’s passing. With all that you have going on, we really appreciate this so much.

You might not believe this, but Mike has been on my mind daily since you reported him in hospice care. My wife would see me “dialed out” on the couch and she would ask me, “Who are you thinking about?” And I would tell that I was thinking of Mike and what his family was going through. I would think about him in the morning, at work, and in the evening when I went to bed. I would think of the posts that we shared and what he said to me and me to him.

I used one of Mike’s “lines” in a post I replied to - In honor of his memory. That’s the highest compliment that I can pay to him.

I would always look for a reply from Mike when I would open a post – his responses were classics and I remember each one of them.

My fondest, of course, was “DRY SOCKS and WARM CHOW.”

It brings tears to my eyes just writing it down and thinking about it. And thank you so much, Jenny, for “telling” Mike those words for me.

Hearing you tell me that you told him and that he SMILED made me smile and feel so warm – he got the message of what I was trying to say. That’s the last memory I’ll have of Mike – and it’s a GOLDEN ONE!

God Bless you and your family in the coming days and may you find some peace and comfort along the way. He was a good friend and a great member of our community and will be sadly missed. It goes without saying that he was a great husband and a wonderful father. It was my privilege in knowing Mike at least on the Board. He was always so positive and upbeat about his battle and would usually close his posts with something like, "Now, let's go and kick come cancer butt."

“Dry Socks and Warm Chow” my dear friend…
    -Craig
  • melissaincali
    melissaincali Member Posts: 34
    Sundanceh said:

Dear Jenny

My sincerest condolences to you and your beautiful family during this most difficult time. Every day that I logon, I was hoping to not see this post, but from all your updates, feared that we would one day see it. And that has finally come.

First, I just want to thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to post of Mike’s passing. With all that you have going on, we really appreciate this so much.

You might not believe this, but Mike has been on my mind daily since you reported him in hospice care. My wife would see me “dialed out” on the couch and she would ask me, “Who are you thinking about?” And I would tell that I was thinking of Mike and what his family was going through. I would think about him in the morning, at work, and in the evening when I went to bed. I would think of the posts that we shared and what he said to me and me to him.

I used one of Mike’s “lines” in a post I replied to - In honor of his memory. That’s the highest compliment that I can pay to him.

I would always look for a reply from Mike when I would open a post – his responses were classics and I remember each one of them.

It brings tears to my eyes just writing it down and thinking about it. And thank you so much, Jenny, for “telling” Mike those words for me.

Hearing you tell me that you told him and that he SMILED made me smile and feel so warm – he got the message of what I was trying to say. That’s the last memory I’ll have of Mike – and it’s a GOLDEN ONE!

God Bless you and your family in the coming days and may you find some peace and comfort along the way. He was a good friend and a great member of our community and will be sadly missed. It goes without saying that he was a great husband and a wonderful father. It was my privilege in knowing Mike at least on the Board. He was always so positive and upbeat about his battle and would usually close his posts with something like, "Now, let's go and kick come cancer butt."

-Craig

So sorry to hear
    Jennifer,
    My thoughts are with you and your children today (and have been seen I heard that hospice had been called in). Wishing you strength and courage today and in the coming days. Please feel free to get in touch with me, if there is anything I can do or if you need to talk to someone who has been there (Brant passed away a little over a month ago). My prayers are with you.
    Melissa
  • WinneyPooh
    WinneyPooh Member Posts: 318
    Sundanceh said:

Dear Jenny

-Craig

Word can't speak
    I am sorry and devastated, words can bring Mike back, Craigs word are always so good,
    I didnt really know Mike but i can't imagine loosing my husband ( he is also sick like me). Everyday we deal with the issue it sits far back in your brain and pops up in the most unlikely places.
    I know as you go on and reflect on Mike and your life you will find that he is not gone, just tucked some where in your heart and brain and some day maybe everyday you will have him pop out in the most unlikely places and i know he will be smiling on you and you will be smiling on him.

Hug your children and try to remember you will see him again,

My heart goes out to you
    Penny
  • AceSFO
    AceSFO Member Posts: 229
    with sympathy
    Dear Jenny,

I'm so sorry to hear of Mike's passing. My heart goes out to you and your family. He was such a wonderful guy on this board and I can only imagine how much better he was in person.

I like these words by William Penn - this is just a fragment, but I like the ideas:

we cannot love to live,
    if we cannot bear to die.

They that love beyond the World, cannot be separated by it.
    Death cannot kill what never dies.
    Nor can Spirits ever be divided
    that love and live in the same Divine Principle

Wishing you strength and grace,

Adrian
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    so sorry
    I am so sorry for your family's loss. The writeup about Mike is a nice one- thank you for sharing it with us.

God bless,
    Lisa
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Jenny

Thank you for posting this information of Mike's passing. It sadddens me deeply.
    Mike was an ispiration and always supportive on "the board". He was a frequent visitor at my "blog" and often commented and encouraged me.

I wish you and your children every blessing as you remember and celebrate Mike's life over the next weeks.

Rob; in Vancouver

“Life is short,and we do not have much time to gladden the hearts of those who travel the way with us. So let us be swift to love, and let us make haste to show kindness.”
    Henri Amiel
  • Paula G.
    Paula G. Member Posts: 596
    So sorry
    So sorry for your loss. He will be missed on the board. Paula
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sorry
    So sorry for your loss. My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Kim
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    robinvan said:

Jenny

Thank you for posting this information of Mike's passing. It sadddens me deeply.
    Mike was an ispiration and always supportive on "the board". He was a frequent visitor at my "blog" and often commented and encouraged me.

I wish you and your children every blessing as you remember and celebrate Mike's life over the next weeks.

Rob; in Vancouver

“Life is short,and we do not have much time to gladden the hearts of those who travel the way with us. So let us be swift to love, and let us make haste to show kindness.”
    Henri Amiel

Holding you and the Family........
    close to my heart........Love and Hope, Clift
  • butterfly23
    butterfly23 Member Posts: 256
    Sorry
    I could not remember Mike49's for the life of me, but when I saw the pic of him in the circle with his loving family surrounding him (one of my fav pics) It put a smile on my face because I remembered but then I was very sad. He definately had his battle with cancer and fought hard!!! We have such a great group of people on this site and we hate to see anyone lose their battle but we have to continue to support eachother and their FAMILIES they leave behind! Again. I am so very sorry your loss.

thoughts and prayers
    Karyn Dugan
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member

Sorry
    I could not remember Mike49's for the life of me, but when I saw the pic of him in the circle with his loving family surrounding him (one of my fav pics) It put a smile on my face because I remembered but then I was very sad. He definately had his battle with cancer and fought hard!!! We have such a great group of people on this site and we hate to see anyone lose their battle but we have to continue to support eachother and their FAMILIES they leave behind! Again. I am so very sorry your loss.

thoughts and prayers
    Karyn Dugan

Jenny, you and your family
    have our deepest condolences. Thoughts are prayers will be with you.

Holly
  • heatherstar70
    heatherstar70 Member Posts: 39
    Mike
    I am so sorry for your loss.. my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family..
  • PPrice
    PPrice Member Posts: 7
    My thoughts are with you
    While I am brand new to this forum, it is quite evident how much Mike was loved by his friends here. I am moved by the outpouring of support for you and your family on this thread. I do hope you find it comforting to know that so many people who understand what your family has been through are thinking about you and praying for you during this very difficult time. I wish I could have known Mike and the others who have recently passed. I think I missed something very special.

Take care,
    Prentiss :)
  • JR
    JR Member Posts: 139 Member
    Jennifer
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you. Mike will be missed.

John
  • just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    Jennifer, I'm so sorry for your loss
    I'm wishing you the best during your loss.

Brooks
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    So sorry
    Jeniffer,I will be praying for peace and acceptance for your terrible loss, Mike will allways be with us on this board.
  • Aud
    Aud Member Posts: 479 Member
    Jennifer
    we don't know each other, but I just want you to know that I am very sorry for the loss of your husband, Michael.
    I'll hold you and your family in the light.
    Audrey