What does the + sign mean next to all of your names?

2»

Comments

• Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Gloria09 said:

Megan
    I never really looked that close ... I just thought they were little angel wings. LOL

Now we all know
    I am glad that you got it explained to you Megan. I wondered about those signs for months before another newbie asked it. ( thank goodness)

Welcome to the board!

KYLEZ ♥
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Okay, I have to ask.
    Other than being lonely and feeling like an outcast (LOL), what's the advantage/disadvantage of having "friends"?
  • Cher2063
    Cher2063 Member Posts: 12
    TraciInLA said:

I'm with you, Megan
    We should be our own friends! Does the ACS have something against self-appreciation or something?

I remember learning on Sesame Street when I was little that it's important to like yourself -- and don't nobody ever tell me that Sesame Street was wrong!

:-) Traci

new
    I think Mr Rogers promoted that idea as well.
    I like it.
    Cher
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Okay, I have to ask.
    Other than being lonely and feeling like an outcast (LOL), what's the advantage/disadvantage of having "friends"?

Glad you asked lol
    Ha Ha MyTurnNow! I don't know.

Debby
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Okay, I have to ask.

I've asked that question too, MyTurn
    I've asked that question before, and no one has ever had a good answer -- the only thing I've ever noticed is that you can PM someone a little quicker if they're already listed as your "friend."

And Cher -- yes, but I thought Mr. Rogers was kind of creepy when I was a little kid. One traumatic event of my young life was when I found out that he did the voices for all the characters in The Land of Make-Believe -- because I loved The Land of Make-Believe, but thought he was weird, spending all that time changing clothes every show!

• susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    TraciInLA said:

I've asked that question before, and no one has ever had a good answer -- the only thing I've ever noticed is that you can PM someone a little quicker if they're already listed as your "friend."

And Cher -- yes, but I thought Mr. Rogers was kind of creepy when I was a little kid. One traumatic event of my young life was when I found out that he did the voices for all the characters in The Land of Make-Believe -- because I loved The Land of Make-Believe, but thought he was weird, spending all that time changing clothes every show!

Now there is a reason that I
    Now there is a reason that I didn't think of Traci. It does help us to PM our friends faster.

Or, maybe it is just to make us all think and talk about it. lol
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    susie09 said:

Now there is a reason that I
    Now there is a reason that I didn't think of Traci. It does help us to PM our friends faster.

Or, maybe it is just to make us all think and talk about it. lol

And your friends list is on your home page,......
    So it's even easier to think about your friends...there they are!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    KathiM said:

And your friends list is on your home page,......
    So it's even easier to think about your friends...there they are!!!

Hugs, Kathi

On my friends list or not...
    you are all my friends! My "friends" list is rather short, but that's only because I haven't taken the time (or inclination) to do a blanket sweep of the entire CSN site and click the + sign next to all of your names LOL.

So, like it or not, you're on my friends list if you're on this site :), cuz everyone of you, at one time or another, has posted something that gave me hope or inspired me to pass along my ounce or two of hope to others.

Consider the "blanket sweep" done!
    dmc
    PS
    My daughter thinks you all are pretty cool, too.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    dmc_emmy said:

you are all my friends! My "friends" list is rather short, but that's only because I haven't taken the time (or inclination) to do a blanket sweep of the entire CSN site and click the + sign next to all of your names LOL.

So, like it or not, you're on my friends list if you're on this site :), cuz everyone of you, at one time or another, has posted something that gave me hope or inspired me to pass along my ounce or two of hope to others.

dmc
    PS

It is easier to send pm's.
    It is easier to send pm's. Duh, that never occurred to me that would be a benefit of it.

Thanks for that Traci!

KYLEZ ♥
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Kylez said:

It is easier to send pm's.
    It is easier to send pm's. Duh, that never occurred to me that would be a benefit of it.

Thanks for that Traci!

KYLEZ ♥

Hi Megan ☻
    I just want to say hi and to welcome you! You can click on my + sign and add me as a friend if you want. One can never have too many friends!

Kristin ♥
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    dmc_emmy said:

dmc
    PS

I added you too Megan! So,
    I added you too Megan! So, you are getting lots of friends now and that + sign should be off of our names.

Debby
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    DebbyM said:

I added you too Megan! So,
    I added you too Megan! So, you are getting lots of friends now and that + sign should be off of our names.

Debby

Friends
    You can add a friend but if you want that friend to be your friend they have to add you as a friend as well.

Hope this clarifies things.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    TraciInLA said:

I'm with you, Megan
    We should be our own friends! Does the ACS have something against self-appreciation or something?

I remember learning on Sesame Street when I was little that it's important to like yourself -- and don't nobody ever tell me that Sesame Street was wrong!

Ok sisters~ the ACS knows
    Ok sisters~ the ACS knows that if we are smart and savvy enough to be on these boards, and opting to make friends with the other Kindred Spirits here, it's because we are ALREADY friends with ourslves~ we know how awesome we are, and it is a no-brainer, not-needed addition! No need to be redundant when stating the obvious!!!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

PS Two reasons having friends is nice: You can click on your friends list and see if they are online when you are, and it makes sending them emails much easier too, with the friends drop down list! Trust me, when I was doing the ornament exchange, it was great to have you on a list and not having to see if your username had a number after it, or was in half upper and lower case when I was corresponding with you all!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Friends
    You can add a friend but if you want that friend to be your friend they have to add you as a friend as well.

Hope this clarifies things.

This confused me too when I
    This confused me too when I first joined. I can't remember who explained it to me, but, it made sense. Add me Megan too if you want. Welcome to the site!

Angie
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Noel said:

+ or -
    Everyone has explained it to you Megan. I didn't know for a long time when I first came either. I will add you to my friends list. And, welcome to the site!

♥ Noel

Thanks for adding me. Now I
    Thanks for adding me. Now I have some friends!!!!! I am trying to put a picture on the site too, but, I don't see it yet.

Megan
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Yeah, you know you are all
    Yeah, you know you are all my friends anyway. I tend to ignore the plus or minus. So I hope no one takes offense if I don't add you because I'd have to add you all and it would probably just drive me crazy trying not to miss anyone so pretend I did it already.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    TraciInLA said:

I always thought Mr Rogers
    I always thought Mr Rogers was creeeeepy too~ I didn't ever want to be in his neighborhood!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Marcia527 said:

Yeah, you know you are all
    Yeah, you know you are all my friends anyway. I tend to ignore the plus or minus. So I hope no one takes offense if I don't add you because I'd have to add you all and it would probably just drive me crazy trying not to miss anyone so pretend I did it already.

I clicked on your plus sign
    I clicked on your plus sign Marcia and added you. Why are you upside down? LOL

Megan
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Megan M said:

I clicked on your plus sign
    I clicked on your plus sign Marcia and added you. Why are you upside down? LOL

Megan

I'm upside down to defy
    I'm upside down to defy gravity. Also as a kid I liked to lie on the sofa upside down and look at the ceiling and pretend we lived on the ceiling. Also life is upside down now. I guess that is why I like the upside down picture.