Just Hello

hunkydorrie
hunkydorrie Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Having a tough time this Christmas for some reason. 10 years out for me this year - I was diagnosed in 1999. So far so good. But it's still there...you know??? In reading some of the posts on here, I realize that I am not alone. You have been through what I went through. I have tried to fight my feelings about Cancer alone for way too long.
Then I find you lovely people, so positive, so brave, so confident in your fight. This may be the best Christmas present I could get....a community of people who have been, or are in the trenches.
You are all angels.
Merry Christmas.
Dorrie xo

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Hi Dorrie and Merry
    Hi Dorrie and Merry Christmas to you too! I hope that you get to feeling better. We are all here to support you in anyway that we can!

Leeza
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Welcome, Dorrie. I'm glad
    Welcome, Dorrie. I'm glad you found us, too. It's always reassuring to read posts from sisters that have been NED for years. It gives us all hope. So, thanks for sharing your story and stick around, we'll help you through the holidays and any other times needed. Merry Christmas to you!!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Welcome, Dorrie. I'm glad
    Welcome, Dorrie. I'm glad you found us, too. It's always reassuring to read posts from sisters that have been NED for years. It gives us all hope. So, thanks for sharing your story and stick around, we'll help you through the holidays and any other times needed. Merry Christmas to you!!

Welcome and congrats on
    Welcome and congrats on doing so well.
    sorry yooou are down the holidays are not always what they are cracked up to be
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Dorrie... thank you so much
    Dorrie... thank you so much for chimming in on the boards... and welcome... 10 years out...wow what a reason to celebrate... it is women like you... that give someone like me... a wonderful gift... "Hope"... Welcome... and I hope that your holiday season begins to become a whole lot brighter.

Hugs,

~T
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Warm welcome, Dorrie
    We're all here to support and encourage each other. The differences in diagnosis, treatments, etc. don't matter - the breast cancer experience unites us.

I totally understand your feelings - have those "moments" myself. But, as long as they're just "moments" and don't last too long... I try to allow them to just pass through me, and then get on with life.

I joined earlier this year, to mark my 5 year anniversary for completion of all invasive treatments. Am now 6 years out from diagnosis. My original intention was to give back, help others. In the earliest days of my journey - nothing provided me with more hope than to meet longer-term survivors. However, I have gained so much I simply could not have anticipated, never imagined. Understanding and compassion, great affection, and many special and very precious true friends. It will be so for you, too, I'm sure.

If we are blessed with loving family and friends - we are, indeed, fortunate. Yet, only those who travel the journey can share all that comes along with it. Here, we walk the road side by side, each step of the way.

Visit often, whenever you'd like or need to. The board is always open, each and every day, 24/7. And there's almost always someone here...

Kind regards,
    Susan
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Hi Dorrie
    and Welcome! You don't have to fight alone anymore. You have found the right place to be. I am fairly new in my bc journey, but I don't know how I would have survived this far without these women! 10 years?! Wow! I think YOU are a Christmas present to US! What an inspiration you are!! I hope that someday you will share your story.
    Merry Christmas to you!
    ♥ Cat
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Cat64 said:

Hi Dorrie
    and Welcome! You don't have to fight alone anymore. You have found the right place to be. I am fairly new in my bc journey, but I don't know how I would have survived this far without these women! 10 years?! Wow! I think YOU are a Christmas present to US! What an inspiration you are!! I hope that someday you will share your story.
    Merry Christmas to you!
    ♥ Cat

Welcome Dorrie
    I think Susan said it and very well. I am glad you found us. There is nothing we can't do together. We are always here for each other, with understanding. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and look forward to your posts. Hugs
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Hi Dorrie and welcome. Hang
    Hi Dorrie and welcome. Hang on; we understand and we are all here to support each other.. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Kat11 said:

Welcome Dorrie
    I think Susan said it and very well. I am glad you found us. There is nothing we can't do together. We are always here for each other, with understanding. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and look forward to your posts. Hugs

Hey Dorrie.....WELCOME to
    Hey Dorrie.....WELCOME to your new family. Without the support from this board, I can tell you that I surely wouldn't be anywhere near where I am now, just two years out from diagnosis. There have been so many blessing, and my heart and spirit have been touch by so many. The friendships you will make here are true to the heart, and not inspired by anything other than the sharing of the experience of bc....something no one else can do but one that has been through the experience personally. I have many friends who try very hard to simply "know what I am going through", but the solace I find on this board is truly the place I come when things get bad, when things need to be vented, when things overwhelm me to the point of depression, and when things can be shared about a dance with NED. Those who share our experience GET IT!....they truly GET IT!. Welcome to our small place of comfort, and please don't hesitate to say anything that is running through your mind. Someone out here has been there, and done that, and it is so wonderful to know that your thoughts are listened to, with such intensity and concern, and are captured by someone who can help you through your day. Hugs to you, and to all of my fellow survivors who have been such a support system to me over this past few months. Life is wonderful, and true friends are a blessing like none other. Merry Christmas, Dorrie, and we look forward to hearing from you when you need us.

Hugs,

Judy
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Just hello back at you! I'm
    Just hello back at you! I'm six years out. Hugs.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Marcia527 said:

Just hello back at you! I'm
    Just hello back at you! I'm six years out. Hugs.

Dorrie
    Welcome. 1 day, 1

Dorrie

Welcome. 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, 5 years, 10 years or more, it doesn't matter. It was cancer and it has a lifelong affect on us. Some days a little, some a lot, and sometimes it's out of our minds, but it's never really gone. So welcome to our sisterhood. Talk, advise, vent, and share. We are here for you.
    Stef
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Yes, I like to say that this
    Yes, I like to say that this is a safe place to land! Welcome to our safe haven...even 10 years out! I am at the 7 yr mark and though it does not loom large every day, I still wonder if today will be the day when I feel another lump. Sigh.

Happy Holidays to you, and I am glad you are hunkydorrie! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥

PS...you mentioned that we are all angels~ please, please include yourself in that valiant group! You belong there, without a doubt.
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Welcome.
    I am glad you found this sight.we are here if you need us.Love and Prayers.(Pat).
  • hunkydorrie
    hunkydorrie Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for all of your words today!!
    I just want to say THANK YOU for the warm welcome and support from all of you beautiful women.
    It made my day!!! I will definitely write, vent, chat etc...with all of you, at some time I hope.

It was like looking in a mirror hearing from each of you. I only wish I had done this sooner. I have found sisters who truly understand what it is like to LIVE with Cancer.

Bless each and every one of you.

Much Love and looking forward to reading about all of you through your posts etc.
    I will write more as well. : )

xxxooo MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.
    Dorrie
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    lynn1950 said:

Hi Dorrie and welcome. Hang
    Hi Dorrie and welcome. Hang on; we understand and we are all here to support each other.. xoxoxoxo Lynn

Hey Dorrie and welcome to
    Hey Dorrie and welcome to the site. I had a lumpectomy and rads this year. This site is great. You will feel right at home.

HUGS
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Dorrie you are truly an
    Dorrie you are truly an inspiration to all of us. I'm currently going thru chemo, we are all in different stages of treatment or recovery on this website and you are so welcome to be here with us to share whatever you need to share. We spill out our emotions and physical trials always knowing there will be a wise word from one of the survivors.
  • cantthink
    cantthink Member Posts: 36
    natly15 said:

Dorrie you are truly an
    Dorrie you are truly an inspiration to all of us. I'm currently going thru chemo, we are all in different stages of treatment or recovery on this website and you are so welcome to be here with us to share whatever you need to share. We spill out our emotions and physical trials always knowing there will be a wise word from one of the survivors.

Glad to hear from you!
    Happiest of holidays to you, and so glad to know you are here!
    Maybe I will be in ten years too!
  • Maize
    Maize Member Posts: 76
    God's blessings!
    Hi Dorrie,

10 years! That gives me ope. I began this journey in October and had surgery 12/8. This board has helped me tremendously. I see so many brave women who are positive, caring and giving. Just hearing their story gives me so much power. I pray that the same happens for you. Just remember many people get the blues this time of year. this, too, shall pass.

Maize
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

I just want to say THANK YOU for the warm welcome and support from all of you beautiful women.
    It made my day!!! I will definitely write, vent, chat etc...with all of you, at some time I hope.

It was like looking in a mirror hearing from each of you. I only wish I had done this sooner. I have found sisters who truly understand what it is like to LIVE with Cancer.

Much Love and looking forward to reading about all of you through your posts etc.

Dorrie

Post whenever you want!
    Glad that we made your day Dorrie! God bless you and Merry Christmas!

Hugs, Leeza
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Dorrie

Merry Christmas and Happy
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you Dorrie!

♠♣ Christmas Susie ♠♣