Can you come with me this afternoon? Followup

2»

Comments

• taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    LC815 said:

Not good news.
    Well, after three months of Arimidex, onc has decided that even though I'm ER+, hormonals are not the way for me. My numbers steadily climbed over that time from 152-450. So, it's chemo now. A clinical trial, no less. Hopefully port can go back in on 12/23, and chemo can start right after Christmas. New year = No hair. :(

P.S. Sorry there weren't enough chairs for you all today in the office! Next time I'll bring some folding ones so everyone's a little more comfy! LOL. I thank all of you for your support. I'm going to kick this cancer's a@@!!

I'm sorry this isn't the
    I'm sorry this isn't the news you wanted... know that we are all here for you.... You will kick this beast in the arse... And we will be right behind you all the way!!!!

Hugs,

~T

PS.. that's okay about the chairs some of us don't mind standing.. ;-)
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    taleena said:

I'm sorry this isn't the
    I'm sorry this isn't the news you wanted... know that we are all here for you.... You will kick this beast in the arse... And we will be right behind you all the way!!!!

Hugs,

~T

PS.. that's okay about the chairs some of us don't mind standing.. ;-)

I am sorry Linda that it
    I am sorry Linda that it wasn't good news. We are all here to support you thru the chemo.

It was a wee bit crowded in there today, but, noone cared!

Debby
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    DebbyM said:

I am sorry Linda that it
    I am sorry Linda that it wasn't good news. We are all here to support you thru the chemo.

It was a wee bit crowded in there today, but, noone cared!

Debby

Linda!
    Thank you for being there for me this morning, I was there for you this afternoon and I'm so sorry that you have to go through this stuff............You have a great crowd behind you! Hugs Linda Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    tasha_111 said:

Linda!
    Thank you for being there for me this morning, I was there for you this afternoon and I'm so sorry that you have to go through this stuff............You have a great crowd behind you! Hugs Linda Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry Linda
    So sorry Linda for the news you got. Sending you positive thoughts and prayers!

Lex♥
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Alexis F said:

Sorry Linda
    So sorry Linda for the news you got. Sending you positive thoughts and prayers!

Lex♥

Linda
    I am very sorry that you have to go through Chemo.
    I am sure that you beat cancer pretty soon.
    Please visit us and stay in touch.
    Hugs
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808

Linda
    I am very sorry that you have to go through Chemo.
    I am sure that you beat cancer pretty soon.
    Please visit us and stay in touch.
    Hugs

Linda, Sure was hoping that
    Linda, Sure was hoping that you would get a different result. I dread chemo so bad and I might have to take it too. I spent 2 hours over at the hospital this afternoon, getting 3D ultrasounds on both breasts. After the tech was finished she went to get the dr and left me about 20 minutes. I just knew it was bad news. The dr came in and spent another few minutes going over me again. Then finally she said she had a little good news. My large tumors had shrunk a little but the smallest one shrunk 50%, so we know for sure the hormone Femara is working. Wish hormone therapy had worked for you and sorry about the chemo. You will kick the tar out of this, you're a strong and courageous woman. Thanks for letting us share the ride with you. Take care.
  • LC815
    LC815 Member Posts: 155
    Sunrae said:

Linda, Sure was hoping that
    Linda, Sure was hoping that you would get a different result. I dread chemo so bad and I might have to take it too. I spent 2 hours over at the hospital this afternoon, getting 3D ultrasounds on both breasts. After the tech was finished she went to get the dr and left me about 20 minutes. I just knew it was bad news. The dr came in and spent another few minutes going over me again. Then finally she said she had a little good news. My large tumors had shrunk a little but the smallest one shrunk 50%, so we know for sure the hormone Femara is working. Wish hormone therapy had worked for you and sorry about the chemo. You will kick the tar out of this, you're a strong and courageous woman. Thanks for letting us share the ride with you. Take care.

Sunrae
    Yay for your good news!

I can always sense when a test is bad news. When I had my first PET scan, the tech offered me a snack and held the door for me. I knew then -- bad news.

I am soooooo glad Femara is working for you. I have never had luck with hormonal drugs, dating back to birth control. I should have known . . .

Here's a funny (?) story for anyone dreading chemo: I had a baby (my darling Clare), and when she was eight months old, I found out I was pregnant again (with my darling Annie). I was sooooo sick that I said to my mother, "If I ever have cancer, I'll just have to die, because I can't bear this." Fast forward to five years ago: A/C and Taxol + great anti-emetics like Kytril. A walk in the park compared to pregnancy!!

Don't fear chemo . . . it's not so bad.

I love you all. Thanks for being with me.

Peace,
    Linda
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    LC815 said:

Not good news.
    Well, after three months of Arimidex, onc has decided that even though I'm ER+, hormonals are not the way for me. My numbers steadily climbed over that time from 152-450. So, it's chemo now. A clinical trial, no less. Hopefully port can go back in on 12/23, and chemo can start right after Christmas. New year = No hair. :(

P.S. Sorry there weren't enough chairs for you all today in the office! Next time I'll bring some folding ones so everyone's a little more comfy! LOL. I thank all of you for your support. I'm going to kick this cancer's a@@!!

Linda, I am so sorry the
    Linda, I am so sorry the Arimidex wasn't working. From your first posts, I admired your courage and commitment to doing whatever it takes to beat cancer again--and you will. I wish the big guns of chemo were not needed, but they are there for you. As you so generously explained in support of Sunrae, chemo is do-able. And, you'll definitely have a crowd of supporters on this marathon.
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    Moopy23 said:

Linda, I am so sorry the
    Linda, I am so sorry the Arimidex wasn't working. From your first posts, I admired your courage and commitment to doing whatever it takes to beat cancer again--and you will. I wish the big guns of chemo were not needed, but they are there for you. As you so generously explained in support of Sunrae, chemo is do-able. And, you'll definitely have a crowd of supporters on this marathon.

Darn it anyway!
    I know you were really hoping that you wouldn't have to do chemo, but here goes--jump in the chemo vat with me! I'm going to have a shaving party on Jan. 4--how about you, Linda? Let's do this bald head thing in style!

Hugs! Sandy