You know something, I missed all of you a LOT! Nice to be back on the board again!

Noel
Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I don't know if anyone noticed ( sniff sniff ) but I have been off the board for several weeks. I was off honestly because it was getting to me. I love this board and I love all of you. I have received and I hope given a lot of support and encouragement here. I love the good news, and, I tried to say something positive and encouraging when it was bad. I loved joking around about the daft sods and the RAD B's! Hey, what happened to them anyway? Wasn't I Nawty Noel the dancer? Moopy? But, all of a sudden I noticed that when I would log on that there just seemed to be so many newbies and that hurt, just plain hurt. I felt like I couldn't even keep up with them, so, I just logged off for a few weeks to get myself together. Sooooooooooooooo, hopefully I am back to the same Nawty Noel and friend to all of you and can still give something good back to someone, anyone. Well, I think that is my big speech for the year! It is nice to be back! So, is anyone going to throw me a party or something? LOL

♥ Noel

p.s. I have tried to catch up with everyone in the past 24 hours, so, if I missed someone, please forgive me. Please????

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Noel,
    yes, Welcome party
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Oh, Noel, you were missed.
    Oh, Noel, you were missed. Party? Yes, I am always ready for a party. Let's have ice cream, cake, and candy. Noel, you contribute so beautifully to this group, but I can understand needing to take a break. Sometimes when there are so many new people it can be very overwhelming and it does hurt. I really admire that you have been catching up so well. If I miss a full day, I have a hard time regrouping so a couple of weeks would be so difficult for me. There has been some very sad news recently as you can see, but there has also been some good reports. People finishing chemo, rads or getting NED reports. I try to find that balance between the upbeat and the sad so it becomes intolerable. We do need all of the experienced folks to help guide our newbies so it is good to have Nawty Noel the dancer back. Now when do we get the ice cream and cake and candy? LOL
    Stef
  • Noel
    fauxma said:

Oh, Noel, you were missed.
    Oh, Noel, you were missed. Party? Yes, I am always ready for a party. Let's have ice cream, cake, and candy. Noel, you contribute so beautifully to this group, but I can understand needing to take a break. Sometimes when there are so many new people it can be very overwhelming and it does hurt. I really admire that you have been catching up so well. If I miss a full day, I have a hard time regrouping so a couple of weeks would be so difficult for me. There has been some very sad news recently as you can see, but there has also been some good reports. People finishing chemo, rads or getting NED reports. I try to find that balance between the upbeat and the sad so it becomes intolerable. We do need all of the experienced folks to help guide our newbies so it is good to have Nawty Noel the dancer back. Now when do we get the ice cream and cake and candy? LOL
    Stef

Thanks u 2
    Thank you NewFlower, let's party hardy! Any ideas? Drinks? Food? LOL

Thanks Stef! I have been trying to catch up, but, it is almost impossible. I just don't want to miss someone and hurt their feelings, whether it is good or bad news. And, the cake is in the lobby with ice cream and candy. So, help yourself Stef and NewFlower!

(hiccup) Oops, sorry, I got into the beer already. Yes, there is a keg there too. LOL Yea, the keg is to celebrate the dance you are having with NED Stef! Congrats again!

♥ Noel
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Noel, happy to see you
    Noel, happy to see you return. I do understand the emotions you express as I too have had times when I was overwhelmed by all the folks who are dealing with this and I have stepped by on occasion myself. We all need a break from time to time and some folks move on completely which is okay too. Glad you are here and yes I most certainly missed you.

RE
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Oh Noel... you were missed
    Oh Noel... you were missed my friend... welcome back... trust me I understand... sometimes when I sign on here, the impact of all the new members takes me back a few paces... wouldn't it be wonderful to log on here and for 30-60 days and not once have to welcome a newbie to the boards... because during that time there wasn't a single diagnosis...??? Wouldn't it be great to never have to welcome a new member again.... Maybe one day... I pray~!

Okay.. is this party b.y.o.b????

Welcome back my friend!

~T
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    When, where, and wearing my
    When, where, and wearing my party hat! Welcome back Noel. You were missed.
    Hugs - Pat
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Welcome back Noel
    Yes your dancing kitty cat was missed. Now we have another reason to celebrate. Pass the beer and cake please.

Jadie<3
  • Noel
    RE said:

Noel, happy to see you
    Noel, happy to see you return. I do understand the emotions you express as I too have had times when I was overwhelmed by all the folks who are dealing with this and I have stepped by on occasion myself. We all need a break from time to time and some folks move on completely which is okay too. Glad you are here and yes I most certainly missed you.

RE

Hey RE! I sat and stared at your fudge and divinity in your pic, hoping that I could somehow reach thru my screen and get some. But, I couldn't. :( lol It looked good.

Glad it isn't just me RE. I felt bad about not coming on and posting to everyone, but, it just was getting to me.

♥ Noel
  • Noel
    taleena said:

Oh Noel... you were missed
    Oh Noel... you were missed my friend... welcome back... trust me I understand... sometimes when I sign on here, the impact of all the new members takes me back a few paces... wouldn't it be wonderful to log on here and for 30-60 days and not once have to welcome a newbie to the boards... because during that time there wasn't a single diagnosis...??? Wouldn't it be great to never have to welcome a new member again.... Maybe one day... I pray~!

Okay.. is this party b.y.o.b????

Welcome back my friend!

~T

Hi Taleena!
    Thanks for the welcome back! What you wrote would be wonderful! I just hate to see so many new women being diagnosed and being so scared. I feel so bad for them as I remember what that felt like. But, I hope that I can somehow help ease their fear or encourage them to just keep on fighting!

Nah, there is lots of beer at this party. So, just bring your cute self and a guest if you like. hehe

♥ Noel
  • Noel
    padee6339 said:

When, where, and wearing my
    When, where, and wearing my party hat! Welcome back Noel. You were missed.
    Hugs - Pat

Hey Pat!
    The party is going on right now Pat. So, you had better attend. We need you there!

And, I love your party hat! lol Wait, that isn't you in that pic with the hat on. I love that picture Pat!

♥ Noel
  • Noel
    Jadie said:

Welcome back Noel
    Yes your dancing kitty cat was missed. Now we have another reason to celebrate. Pass the beer and cake please.

Jadie<3</p>

Morning Jadie!
    Well, the dancing kitty is back! Dancing as fast as ever!

Yes, let's celebrate! ( passing Jadie cake and beer ) Enjoy! Taleena, please let someone else have some beer. Geeshhhhhhhhhhh lol

♥ Noel
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Noel said:

Morning Jadie!
    Well, the dancing kitty is back! Dancing as fast as ever!

Yes, let's celebrate! ( passing Jadie cake and beer ) Enjoy! Taleena, please let someone else have some beer. Geeshhhhhhhhhhh lol

♥ Noel

Alright.... I'll share...
    Alright.... I'll share... but only because you said so!
  • Noel
    taleena said:

Alright.... I'll share...
    Alright.... I'll share... but only because you said so!

Thank goodness T!
    And, thank you! ( rolling my eyes )

♥ Noel
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Noel said:

Thank goodness T!

♥ Noel

Welcome back Noel!
    Welcome back Noel! I love your kitty dancing and we all missed her. There is nothing wrong with taking a break, as long as you come back.

Hugs, Leeza
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Welcome back from an 'oldie'!
    You know the saddest thing? That, as you said, there are so many newbies....sigh....I wish cancer would just go away!

But, I know what you are saying...breaks to live life are also important. We will be here when you touch base....and sharing good news is great, as well!!!

Life is for living, after all!!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    Noel said:

Thank goodness T!

♥ Noel

I know
    what you mean.. sometimes I feel that way and won't log on for a week or so then I feel guilty because everyone has been here for me and someone new may need to hear something from my experience or encouraging words. It is overwhelming to see all the newbies and I too hope they know we are here but at times we need a break to get back on track with ourselves.. someday they will completely understand and no doubt do the same thing.. I am glad your back though!!! your advice is always so good to read!!! now don't leave again without telling us!!! LOL
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I feel like that sometimes
    I feel like that sometimes too and during that time I just don't post a whole lot. I still come and read to see if there is a post I can help with. It's depressing sometimes but we just have to stick together. I have three Christmas muppets (Miss Piggy, Kermit, and Fozzy Bear) and I sit them in a circle back to back on the coffee table. If you move one the others fall. I told my kids that is teamwork. Got to hold each other up. Well Kermit can sit by himself so I guess some people are better able to be on their own but that's no fun.

Glad you are back.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Nawty! How nice to see you
    Nawty! How nice to see you post again~ many of us take the break from the boards for the exact reason you mentioned. But we are also rather like the proverbial Moth to a Flame; we find ourselves attracted back, don't we?

Funny, I have been thinking about the Rad B's lately too~ the daft sods are of course just that! Daft Sods will aways be in our midst! But since our beloved Moopy and her Prince, Aortus found the actual Life After Cancer, we have not seen them too much either. Which is selfishly a bad thing, but in reality the best thing ever! Our Mimivac also is pulling away due to Good Things In Life happening to her too!

You have indeed been an encouragement to so many~ no doubt about that!

Post when you can and want to! You are always welcome among the Kindred Spirits!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

|
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Glad you are back, Noel.
    Glad you are back, Noel. You were most definately missed. Having a party sounds like a plan.....I'll have some cake and beer. What a combination!! I have to say I've only been on the board since August and am amazed at the numbers of newly diagnosed members. It seems like they comes in waves. It's just so sad that in this day and age of medical wonders that a cure cannot be found. But, until then, I'll take the advice and support of all you wonderful ladies/men and kick the butt of this beast called bc.
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Glad you are back, Noel.
    Glad you are back, Noel. You were most definately missed. Having a party sounds like a plan.....I'll have some cake and beer. What a combination!! I have to say I've only been on the board since August and am amazed at the numbers of newly diagnosed members. It seems like they comes in waves. It's just so sad that in this day and age of medical wonders that a cure cannot be found. But, until then, I'll take the advice and support of all you wonderful ladies/men and kick the butt of this beast called bc.

Hi Noel
    I know how you feel. It can get very overwhelming at Christmas time. I would love to spend more time here and even if there are not enough hours in the day or we have so much else to do this Holiday season....my sisters here remain wrapped tightly in my heart and always in my prayers. and of course you are always missed dear.
    Hugs, jackie